Status: Active

From Day One

It Great Seeing You Again

5 Months Later.

Months past and my mind would always wonder to that one night back in October. But that was just one day, I couldn't linger on that one thought all the time. I knew he was just another boy and it was nothing. He was in a band and I was a girl who worked at a coffee shop. It meant nothing. But that didn't mean I still didn't think of that smile, and the way his eyes would look at me. That didn't mean I didn't download all of their music or learn everything I could about them. I knew they haven't been to Texas since that October day.

“Did you hear?” Jenny said to me as we stood behind the counter waiting for some customers to come in.

“Hear what?” She rolled her eyes and let out a sigh.

“The Summer Set isn't playing tonight, they got busy or something. So now only 3 bands are playing tonight.”

I shook my head and let out an aggravated sigh. I didn't really care if they'd be there or not but I played along.

“Do you think they will find someone else to take their spots?”

“I'm not sure, but that'd be cool.” I agreed with her and we went back to being quiet and doing our work. A few customers came in and she took their orders while I made their drinks.

The day after I met John all I thought about was him and that night. I had this thought in my head that he'd come rushing into the coffee shop and tell me how much he liked me or something romantic. But he never did. I assumed that the bus left and he had no time to come here, at least that's what I told myself. Every time someone came in and I heard the door open, my head swung and I looked over at them and every time my stomach dropped and I got even more disappointed. I wanted to see him one more time before the next time The Maine played in Dallas.

“So we'll meet up at the venue tonight?” Jenny said as she took off her apron and got her stuff ready so she could leave.

“Yeah that's the plan.” We walked to the main area and both walked out of the coffee shop. We gave each other a hug and were going to go our own way.

“See you tonight, and remember no high heels.”

“Shut up, see you later.” I walked out back and got into my car and turned on my phone. I had one voice mail from my former ex boyfriend Jeremy. My heart and stomach both dropped when I saw his name in my inbox. I was actually a little scared to open it but I took a deep breath and listened to the message.

”Hey it's Jeremy, I know it's been a while since we've talked but I would like to meet up for coffee or lunch, I miss you and I want to make sure that were okay. Call me back.”

I let out my breath that I was holding and couldn't believe he actually called me. I debated if I should call him or just wait. But I was still in love with Jeremy and I wanted this.

I pressed his name and listened to the ringing. My mind was wondering and I was so scared. I was hoping it would go to voice mail so I wouldn't have to worry about this.

“Hello?”

it took me a moment till I answered and he kept saying 'hello'. “H-Hey, it's Rosie.”

“Oh hey Rose. How are you?” His voice always gave me the chills, it was deep but very soft. It was a voice I would never forget.

“I've been good. Nothing much has been going on. You?”

“Oh you know work has been crazy. So I called because I miss you and I want to make sure you and I are okay.

“I've missed you also, but I'm not sure if I want to start this again. The break up was hard on me and I'm finally moving on.” I said honestly. The break up was hard, and I still love him and I can't do this again.

“I just want to be your friend, I want to start over. Are you busy tonight?”

“Actually I am, I'm going to a concert.”

“Do you want to get drinks afterwards?”

“Um yeah sure, I'll text you when it's over.”

“Sounds good. Talk to you then. Bye Rosie.” He hung up the phone and I was left there in my car about to go crazy. I turned on my car and drove off to my house.

*

“So Jeremy called me.” I said to Jenny as we waited in line for the doors to open. She turned her head and immediately start to shake her head.

“No Rosie you can't keep doing this, he is no good.”

“He said he just wants to be friends.”

“That’s what he says now but then he'll want something more. He does it all the time.” She was right this was what happened but this time I wouldn't fall for it. I knew him now and this wouldn't happen.

“I don't know, were going to meet up for drinks later tonight.”

“Just don't let him do anything to hurt you again.”

I nodded my head and the doors finally opened up. It went slowly but we finally made our way to the main stage and waited for all the performances. The first performance was Every Avenue which was amazing. The next band was The Cab and I will forever love them, they are just all together an amazing band. Next was suppose to be The Summer Set but since they weren't going to be there they were setting up for the next performance. People were saying that the tour got someone to fill in but I wasn't sure if I should believe them or not.

A guy came out on stage and had a microphone in his hands.

“Hey everyone, how are you enjoying the show so far?” a roar of cheers went through the venue. The guy smiled and nodded his head.

“Alright alright, sounds good. So The Summer Set had to take this show off for some band reasons but we have a treat for you instead. Would you like to know who it is?”

Everyone cheered and he was trying to quiet us down and when he did he brought the mic up to his mouth to speak.

He looked to the right staged and waved whoever it was out here. “Please welcome John and Jared from The Maine.”

Everyone freaked out, girls were screaming and immediately started to cry. I myself just stood there and watch him walk onto stage to a black stool. Both the boys waved to the crowd and strapped on their guitars.

“Hello every body!” John screamed out to the crowd. “Were The Maine and were going to do a small acoustic set for you.” everyone screamed and John gave Jared a nod and he started to strum the guitar.

My whole body froze and I just couldn't believe he was up there. He was actually here, in Dallas. He looked the same but at the same time he looked different. Jenny looked over at me and gave me a nudge in the shoulder and wiggled her eye brows and gave me a silly smile.

“Oh my god you dirty little slut.”

“What?”

“Your practically blowing him with your eyes.”

I couldn't believe she just said that, my eyes widened and I pushed her a little.

“Oh my god, I can't take you out anywhere with that mouth of yours.”

“I'm just saying, the way your looking at him is a little-”

“Can you stop? I'm trying to enjoy this show.”

“What ever you say slut.” I pushed her a little again and she finally looked up back up at the boys and we both just listened to them.

I went back to my world and felt exactly how I felt 5 months ago when I first met him. Those same butterflies and that same smile was on my face. I wanted to believe that for some reason our paths were meant to be crossed and being crossed two times had to mean something. I wanted to see if he felt the same way but I wouldn't be sure if he did because I hardly knew him. I watched as he sang to the crowd and played his acoustic guitar. Ever time he opened up his eyes I knew he was looking for me, at least that's what I hoped. His eyes would scan the crowd, like he was looking for something or someone. I hoped his eyes would land on mine but they never did.

They finished their set and walked off the stage. All I wanted was to get out of the crowd and look for them.

“But I want to stay in the crowd.” Jenny complained.

“Well I'm getting out. Lets me out front when the whole show is over.”

She nodded her head and gave me a smile. “Be safe and don't talk to strangers.”

I shook my head and just left her in the middle of the crowd. It was hard to get myself out of the pit, all the girls were giving me looks and were beyond annoyed that I was getting in their way. The air was hot and it smelled like teenage girl sweat. I felt disgusting, I just hoped I didn't look it. I knew they wouldn't be out right away, so I went to the bathroom to fix my appearance. I took my hair out of my pony tail and let the wavy curl take over. I pinned back my bangs and put some lip gloss on. I straightened out my shirt and thought I looked pretty good. I went out back out and stood in the back of the crowd. I looked at the merch booths and didn't see John or Jared. I went to their table, that they were selling their shirts and other merch items. I saw a guy with pretty big muscles and he just looked like he didn't belong here.

“Hi” I said as I got up to the table

“Hey there, can I help you?”

“Actually yeah you can, I'm a friend of Johns and I was wondering when he'd be out?”

The guy gave me a look and shook his head, “I bet you are a friend of Johns but you'll have to wait like everyone else.”

“No, I really am, my name is Rosie and-”

“Oh wait, did you say Rosie?” the guy asked me.

“Um yeah that’s my name.”

He put on a huge smile and took out his phone. “Hold on one second.” I gave him a smile and he put the phone up to his ear. I looked around and saw that another band had begun their show. Everyone was jumping and screaming.

“Hey, You need to come to merch right now, I know but just come straight to merch, I promise it'll be worth your time.” and with that he hung up the phone and gave me a smile.

“He'll be right down. He'll be so happy your here. He seriously has been talking about you all day.” I started to blush and let out a small girlish laugh.

“I'll just wait over here.” I pointed behind me and he nodded. I walked closer to the crowd to watch the band that was playing. It seemed like time went by so slowly, my stomach was freaking out and I was so nervous. I probably looked so stupid asking for him, I should have just waited. I felt embarrassed I wanted to leave. I turned around and saw a group of screaming girls in my way. I looked passed them to a tall figured and that when I saw him. All the girls were trying to get his attention but he was talking to the merch guy. I didn't want to seem him like this, I looked desperate. I tried to get passed all the girls but it was difficult. I tried to make my way through when I heard my name being called.

“Rosie!” I heard him yell, I turned around and saw him staring at me. All the girls around him turned and looked at me. I suddenly got nervous and just stood there.

I saw him trying to make his way to me and when he finally did he grabbed me into a hug. I put my arms around him and it felt right to be hugging him.

“How have you been? What are you doing? I can't believe your here.” he just kept on talking, it was kind of adorable. “Do you still work at the coffee shop?”

I let out a small laugh and shook my head. “I uh I'm great. I can't believe your here. I didn't expect it at all. And yeah I do unfortunately” I said as I rolled my eyes and let out a laugh.

“You know that coffee you gave me was very amazing, you should stick with coffee making.”

“Okay I’ll work at Starbucks forever.” I jokingly said and he laughed. “So how were you picked to play tonight? You guys have been in Arizona, no where near Dallas.”

“So you've been stalking us?” he said in a semi serious tone. I turned red but luckily it was dark enough so hopefully he didn't notice. “But seriously they called us to play since The Summer Set couldn't and we've just been hanging out at home. And when I heard it was in Dallas I couldn't turn up the opportunity.” The way he said the last part, and the way he looked at me seemed like he meant it.

“Well I'm glad you did.” I said. He smiled at me, and we both got quiet and looked around. I felt awkward, I didn't know what to do or say.

“I think everyone is going out tonight, you should come along.”

I looked up at him and I wanted to but Jeremy and I already had plans and I couldn't break them. And I didn't see the point to go out with him and have this thing for a few hours and then he'd leave and I'd see him the next time they performed here. That wasn't what I wanted.

“I actually have plans afterwards. I'm sorry.” I saw the sadness take over his face. His smile faded but he still kept a weak on one.

“Oh that's cool. Well it was nice seeing you again, I should probably go and meet with the fans.” I didn't want him to leave. I wanted to stay and keep talking to him. I looked down at my feet and I felt the sadness take over also.

“Yeah, It was great seeing you again.” We gather into each others arms and held onto each other.
“Bye Rosie.” He said and I gave him one last wave and he turned around and left.

“John.”

“Rosie.” He said at the same time and turned around and looked at me. “Oh what were you going to say?” He asked me.

“Oh um you go ahead.” I said, there wasn't really anything I wanted to say I just wanted him to stay.

“Oh I was going to say in about a month were coming back here for a small show, and I want you to be there.”

I started to nod my head fast and nothing was coming out of my mouth. “Y-Yes uh of course I'll be there. Here text me the date and I'll make sure to get it off.” He looked at me and his smile was so big and genuine. He took out his phone and got to the contact screen. He handed it to me and I typed in my number. He looked at it and brought his phone up and the flash went off.

“Hey, I wasn't ready.” I said in a whiny voice and he just laugh. He looked at the photo and then back at me.

“I think it looks beautiful.” He looked deeply in my eyes and right there that feeling that I've felt along, since the beginning came back and I couldn't help but to smile. My knees went weak and I wanted to collapse but I kept my cool and just smiled.

“I should go and find my friend. Bye John.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

Thoughts? how awkward but cute are they?

I want more predictions.

Does anyone know where the part where Jenny calls Rosie a slut is from? its from my favorite movie. if you get it i'll put you in the story. :]

Are you guys enjoying this story? I can't wait to more drama and cuteness comes, i swear it'll be great.

Comment and Subscribe