Status: Active:D

The Taste Of Your Lips Is Enough To Keep Me Here

I never thought of myself as Bi. I'm starting to rethink that.

Alex’s POV

I stood by my locker as I watched one of the jocks shove a human into a locker. I see this sight everyday. I smirked and watched the human attempt to fight back. I shook my head and laughed lightly. Humans need to understand they can never take on a vampire. I left the scene, leaving the jock to his business. I took long strides down the hall and the kids, both vampires and humans, moved out of my way. You could say I ruled the school but that would be an understatement. It gets kinda old, having everyone scared of you. I couldn’t blame them, though, considering my parents are the leaders of the most respected and known vampire clan. I admit it does get old, everyone wincing when you pass by, but you get used to it.

My parents have been bugging me to start looking for a mate. Nobody here could keep up with me, so I doubt I’ll find a mate here. I wouldn’t want my mate to be afraid of me, anyway. I sat down at my lunch table with my two friends Rian and Zack. They were also in the same clan as me. Everyone here respects us and our families. My eyes scanned the crowd of people, looking for anything that would interest me. I found nothing.

“Lex? You alright, man?” Rian said slowly, raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah, just looking for anything interesting in this boring ass school..” I rolled my eyes.

“Not happenin’ Lex. This school is as lame as they come.” Zack replied, taking a bite out of an apple, slightly showing his fangs. That made me realize I’m hungry. I stood up and started walking over to the fruit bar when suddenly i fell backwards and hit my ass on the floor. I felt my eyes instantly turn bright red and looked for whoever ran into me.

“I-I’m sorry…” A lanky boy about my age stuttered. I looked up and met his dark brown eyes. They were beautiful. I snapped out of it and noticed the whole cafeteria had gone completely quiet and were staring at us. I heard some of the thoughts that were drifting from the people closest to us.
"Pshh, he’s gonna get it now."
"Ohhhh shit!"
"Alex’s gonna kill him……"
"Kids fucked now.."
"Oh my God, Alex is soo hot when he’s pissed!"
I snapped my head in the direction of the last thought and smirked at a girl with platinum blonde hair and obviously fake boobs. I then stood up slowly and stared at this boy who had knocked my over. He was on the floor. The impact must have knocked him down as well. I looked him over. He was quite attractive. He was shaking from fear. I rolled my eyes and put out my hand to help him up. He grabbed it reluctantly and I jerked my hand, pulling him up.

“It’s fine.” I smiled slightly as his face lit up with relief. He sighed and nodded, turning to walk away. I walked with him.

“What’s your name, kid?” I raised an eyebrow.

“J-jack..” He stuttered. I rolled my eyes. I’m tired of this shit.

“Okay, Jack, listen. You need to stop stuttering and acting like a pussy. Because if I was gonna hurt you I would have done it by now.” I said, slightly pissed. My eyes burned a little and I could tell they had turned red. I blinked a few times, trying to calm down.

“Okay…” He shifted his feet awkwardly. Why did I find that attractive? I need to get out more.

“So, my name is-“

“Alex Gaskarth.” He finished. I nodded slightly.

“You new here?” He shook his head no and looked down.

“Oh. Well, I haven’t seen you around before.”

“I try to stay out of your way, Alex.” He looked up at me.

“Oh….” This made me sad. I hate that everyone avoids me. I’m a powerful vampire, not a fucking disease. I looked into his eyes. What was fear five minutes ago had now calmed down. I was glad.

He must have noticed my eyes change to a dark blue color, which only happens when something upsets me, because he looked down.

“Sorry about that.” He whispered. I shook my head in disbelief at how shy he was. I touched his arm and was thankful that he didn’t wince.

“Look at me.” I commanded. He looked up slowly.

“Do NOT be afraid of me, okay?” I said softly, the desperation evident in my voice. I don’t know why, but he was one person I didn’t want to fear me. He nodded and half-smiled. I smiled back.

The bell rang and I walked away from him, heading to my locker. I grabbed my Chem. book and headed to class. I sat in my usual seat and felt a set of eyes on me. I turned to see who it was. Right beside me was Jack, looking at me. He blushed when I noticed him and looked away. I smiled to myself.

“Hey Jack.” I said. He turned back toward me and waved, a small smile played on his lips.

“I can’t believe you’ve been in my class all year and I haven’t noticed you.” I felt kind of bad about it.
He smirked, which surprised me. To be honest his facial expression was a huge turn on.

“You have three classes with me, Alex.” He laughed lightly. I stared at him in shock.

“Oh.” I smiled a little. He grinned at me, making my stomach flutter. God, he’s hot. I think I’m starting to like him. I never thought of myself as bi. I’m starting to rethink that. I smiled to myself and turned to face the teacher.

“Hey bitch, you’re in my spot.” I turned to see a large guy grabbing Jacks collar. My eyes instantly turned bright red and I stood up.

“Wanna leave him the fuck alone?” I smirked. The guy looked up from jack and saw me. His face instantly looked scared. He dropped Jack’s collar.

“Oh. Alex. I didn’t know.” He tried to remain cool and not show how afraid he was. I could tell by his eyes I scared him. I smirked and bared my fangs.

“Get away from him. And tell your friends if they ever mess with him I’ll personally rip their throats out.” I said sweetly. He gulped and nodded.

“Leave. Now.” I narrowed my eyes and sat back in my seat. Jack stared at me with a bewildered look on his face. I blushed slightly, realizing I shouldn’t have gotten so worked up and Jack probably thinks I’m an idiot.

“A-alex?” He stuttered, still looking shocked.

“Hmm?” I kept my eyes on my desk.

“You wouldn’t do that, would you?” It took me a second to realize what he was talking about.

“…Yes. Yes I would, Jack. I would legitimately rip their throats out if they hurt you.” I whispered, still focusing on the desk.

“Why?” He asked and I looked up at him, still not sure of the answer myself.

“I don’t know… I just feel.. Protective of you.” I looked at him. I saw his face light up as he fought off the urge to smile.

“Thank you, Lex.” He whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ohhhkayy!! So this is the first chapter. Its pretty long, I think. Most of them are probably not gonna be this long, sorry guys. School just started and I'm really gonna try to focus of my grades. Anyway, I'll try to upload atleast once every other day. Comments=Chapters. So if you like this story at all, You should comment. Thanks guys!! <3 Aubrey