Status: Active (:

Together We Are Strong

Staying For Christmas.

Soon came winter and Christmas was nearing. Everyone had progressed so well in the DA so far but it was almost time to go home.

"That's it for this lesson, now we're not going to be meeting again until after the holidays." Harry said. Some people moaned. "So just keep practising on your own as best as you can and well done, everyone. Great work." Everyone applauded him. I left the room as everyone else picked up their things.

"Have a good christmas, Harry. If I don't see you later." I said.

"You probably will, since you're staying. But you too, Hayley." He said.

I walked out into the corridor and went downstairs to check if there were any new decrees. I got to the third floor before someone grabbed me and pulled me inside. Draco.

"What do you want?" I hissed.

"I wanted to see you before we left for Christmas." He said.

"Well, if you're staying at Hogwarts it wouldn't matter, since I'm staying for Christmas. Mum's caught up in Ministry work, she wouldn't have any time for me." I said.

"I could stay if you want... " He said.

"No, no. See your family." I said. "I don't mind."

"If you're sure." He said. I picked up the ribbon on his chest.

"Inquisitorial squad." I read aloud.

"For extra credit." He assured me. I stared at him.

"Really? Is that why you're doing it? Or do you just want to be on Umbridge's good side." I said.

"It's a good place to be." He said. "Besides, we're so close to catching this group. Nearly got into their room the other day." I said. I looked down.

"Perhaps you should just leave them alone. Umbridge is bad news. She's -" I said but he stopped me.

"Can we not talk about her?" Draco asked. "I don't like her as much as you do."

"I doubt it." I said. He put a hand on my face.

"Hayley, please." He said. "I'll see you after Christmas." He kissed me quickly and disappeared out the door onto the staircase.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like, I don't even know if they're together ay. Friends with benefits?
-Ellie x