Status: In the writing process while I juggle school :) Updates will not be as fast as over the summer.

Tell Me You Love Me

His Mona Lisa

I woke up the next morning and decided to make some breakfast for John, Adam, and myself. I tried to get up but was held back from a grip around my waist. I saw John soundlessly sleeping next to me. I smiled and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

“Yes, Sam?” he softly mumbled.

“I need to make some breakfast and you’re holding on to me,” I told him.

“I don’t see the problem,” John slowly began to wake up.

“I need to go downstairs but I can’t unless you let go,” I started to poke his arm.

“Well, I’m not letting go of you,” he teased as he sat up.

“Well then, you’re not getting breakfast,” I pointed out. He looked at me with a sad yet careless expression.

“I think I can do without breakfast, as long as I have you,” John said sweetly.

“One, that was cute but corny, and two, I’m hungry and you wouldn’t want your girlfriend to starve, would you?” I added with a pout.

“You can be so adorable,” John whispered as he gave me a quick kiss.

“Not as adorable as you,” I smiled. “Now can I make breakfast?”

“May I come?” he asked.

“Yes!” I heard my stomach growl. “Let’s go!”

I began to run down the stairs to the kitchen. I heard Adam playing piano as I passed his room so I knew he was awake. I arrived in the kitchen with John following behind. He took a seat in one of our counter chairs and watched me go from the cabinet to the fridge.

“What’s for breakfast?” I heard him ask as I grabbed the baking powder, flour, salt, and sugar.

“It’s a surprise!” I said. “Now let me concentrate,”

I grabbed the eggs, vanilla extract, and blueberries. As I began to stir the ingredients, I felt two arms wrap around my waist from behind.

“Why can’t I know?” John asked again.

“Because there’s no point of it being a surprise!” I told him.

“Even if I added a ‘please’, I couldn’t know?”

“Nope,” I said popping the ‘p’.

“May I please know what you’re making?”

“No,” I smirked. I left his hold and grabbed a pan and a spatula. “You can guess, though,”

“Fine, is it french toast?” John asked.

“Yes, because french toast doesn’t have bread and is made with blueberries,” I said sarcastically.

“Waffles?” he guessed.

Then a third voice came into play.

“Blueberry pancakes, Sam?” Adam asked popping into the kitchen.

“That was my third guess!” John exclaimed.

“Thanks for spoiling the surprise, Adam!” I shot a sad look towards him.

“It’s not that much of a surprise since that’s the only breakfast you can make,” he pointed out.

“Fine,” I grumbled as I placed my finished batch onto the counter.

“Oh and by the way, Sam?” Adam said.

“Yes?”

But instead of answering me, Adam swiftly picked me up and carried me on his shoulder.

“ADAM!” I exclaimed hitting his back.

“I warned you, Sammy,” I could just see his smug look on his face. “Now plug your nose,”

Plug my nose?

“Awh crap, Adam!” I plugged my nose anyways. “Not the damn pool!”

I felt him jump and soon I was underwater.

As we surfaced, Adam started bursting out laughter.

“You suck, Adam!” I splashed him with water.

“That’s what you get, Sammy!” he splashed back.

I turned and saw John awkwardly standing there with confusion. I got out of the water and walked towards him.

“Want a hug?” I asked. “I’m freezing and I need one,”

“Not when you’re soaking wet!” John said taking a step back.

“Please?” I pouted. “For your girlfriend?”

“You know I can’t go against that!” John complained, but still didn’t budge. I pouted more and began shivering. “Fine, come here!”

I ran into his arms embracing him with a hug. He pressed his warm body against my shivering one. Unexpectedly, Adam came behind me and grabbed my shoulders, causing me to jump.

“ADAM!” I exclaimed as I turned around. He was laughing super hard right now, he could barely breath. I began to shiver again.

“I’m sorry, Sammy,” he gasped for air. “But it’s super easy to scare you,”

“Explain to me why you didn’t turn the heater for the pool on?” I asked while scooting closer to John who wrapped his arms around me.

“It wouldn’t have been funny, nor would it have been more torturous to you,” he smirked.

“I’m going to take a shower,” I said taking John’s hand.

“By yourself, right?” Adam’s lips began to curl.

“Shut up, you pervert!” I teased.

John and I went upstairs to my room. He laid himself on my bed as I went through my closet. I picked out a loose tank top and my dark wash skinnies. John was watching me from my bed, then got a text message.

“Hey, All Time Low’s throwing some party tonight,” he announced. “Come with me?”

“Like as your date?” I asked as I grabbed my towel.

“No, as my girlfriend,” he smiled.

“Of course I’ll go,” I smiled. “I’m going to take a shower, so stay here,” John nodded and started looking around. I went inside my bathroom, locked the door, and turned on the water.

I quickly took a shower and changed into my clothes inside my bathroom. I got out and saw John aimlessly strumming my guitar.

“Hey,” I sat across from him so I can watch him play.

“I didn’t know you played guitar,” John said.

“I mostly dabble in it,” I answered. “Play me a song?” I asked.

“Which song?” he asked.

I simply shrugged. “Surprise me,”

John tuned the strings and began to play.

“Girl I’d steal the Mona Lisa,

but I know I wouldn’t keep her

Cause I know I’ll wake up to you every day...”


I smiled as he sang “Mona Lisa” from their newest album Everything’s Fine . When he finished, I got up and gave him a kiss.

“I love your voice,” I told him. I plopped down and to lie on my back and stare at my ceiling. John put down my guitar and did the same.

“Thanks,” he wrapped his arm around me as I curled up next to him.

We lied there in silence, listening to each other’s heart beat. Suddenly, my phone starts to ring. I sat up and answered it.

“Hello?” I greeted.

“Sam!” I heard Jess’s voice on the other end. “What are you up to right now?”

“I’m with John at my house,” John sat up and I put my phone on speaker.

“Hey Jess!” John said.

“Can you come over to Brian’s house?”

“Yeah, sure, why?”

“They. Are. Torturing. Me.” I started to laugh.

“Fine, we’ll be there in 10,” I got up from my bed and started to put on my shoes.

“Don’t get distracted by John,” she teased.

“You know she will!” John chimed in.

“John, gross!” Jess exclaimed. “Just come and save me. Love you guys!”

“Love you too, bye!” I hung up and turned to John.

“Really?” I asked.

“You know you get easily distracted by me,” he winked.

“Don’t get your hopes up,” I gave him a quick kiss. “Let’s go,”

***

When we arrived, John and I held hands as we walked up to the porch. I was about to knock, but John just turned the doorknob and led me inside.

“We just walk inside as if it were our own house,” John explained. “We’re like family,”

We found Josh, Brian, and Stephen in Brian’s room where Jess was sitting on a stool watching them in shock and confusion. I turned to face the guys and saw they were dancing to The Lion King soundtrack. Stephen was literally just awkwardly swaying around looking like an idiot.

I sat down beside Jess, but John decided to join the guys.

“Hey,” I greeted Jess.

“Oh thank god you’re here!” she said relieved.

I laughed a little. “How long have they been like this?”

“About an hour or so,” Jess answered. “Wanna go to the mall, before they kill us?”

“Let’s go!” I jumped out of my chair as Jess got off of hers. We quietly snuck out the room and went to Jess’s car.

***

When Jess and I got back from shopping and getting some ice cream, the four guys were sprawled on the couch and floor of the living room.

“Uh, you guys okay?” I asked cautiously as Jess and I entered the room.

“Where the hell were you two?” Brian shouted from the floor.

“The mall,” Jess told them. “Why?”

“We got bored,” Stephen flatly said.

“Then why didn’t you entertain yourselves?” I looked at Jess who seemed just as confused and slightly annoyed.

“Because,” Josh said using his “duh” tone. “You little bitches weren’t here,”

“And it’s HOT,” Brian added.

“Maybe we would have stayed if you guys weren’t acting so idiotic!” Jess shot at them. “Why didn’t you just turn on the AC?”

“Well, we’re sorry!” John said. “Now can we do something?”

“I got an idea,” I told them. They all turned to me. “Let’s go to my house and take a swim!”

“You have a pool?!” Josh excitedly exclaimed while jumping off the couch.

“No, I’m inviting you all to my imaginary pool so I can see each of you half naked,” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, let’s go before we fry in this hell-hole!” Jess grabbed my wrist as we dashed to the door followed by the rest of the band.

“What about bathing suits?” I asked.

“We always have them in our car,” John told me.

“Just in case,” Stephen added.

I rolled my eyes at them and hopped inside my car along with Jess and John and drove to my house, followed by Brian, Stephen and Josh.

***

“ADAM!” I shouted as John and I walked into the house. “We’re home for a swim!”

“Who’s ‘we’ again?” Adam asked walking to the door.

“The whole band and me,” I smiled giving him a hug.

“Hi,” Jess greeted popping in along with the rest of the guys. “Sorry to intrude and stuff,”

“Oh no, it’s fine by me,” Adam said with a smile.

“So, Adam,” I said. “This is Jess Bowen, Brian Dales, Josh Montgomery, Stephen Gomez, and you already know John,” I gestured to all of them as I introduced them. “They also go by The Summer Set,”

“Nice to meet you all,” Adam smiled as he shook each of their hands.

“And guys,” I turned to the band. “This is my brother, Adam Young, also known as Owl City, Sky Sailing, Swimming with Dolphins, ect.”

“Nice to meet you,” Brian told him.

“Pleasure’s mine,” Adam said. “Sam barely brings friends home with her so this is pretty cool cause now I get to embarrass her!”

“ADAM!” I shot him a look. “First of all I bring many friends over such as Mal and John! Secondly, you will not embarrass me again today,”

“Sure I won’t,” Adam smirked. “And John and Mal don’t count!

“Thanks Adam,” John sarcastically said as the band laughed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lame ending. I know :/
Next one will be better!