Status: Currently writing.

To the Stage

Chapter 7

The band gave their best performance yet that night and Ben couldn’t be happier about it. Danny sounded amazing just now and he wondered if the new girl had anything to do about it. He noticed the girl right in front of the stage at the photographers’ area, snapping photos after photos of the band performing. Danny noticed her too, oh yes he did. Ben was… glowing.

Was I ever like that when Nichole and I started dating? He shuddered at the thought.

Ben snapped out of his thoughts and shook his head to brush the thought aside. He gave his guitar to his guitar tech and went to the dressing room only to walk in on Danny and the new girl (Fuck, I forgot her name, he thought) making out on the couch. When they noticed he came in, they immediately stopped and the girl sat up straight, pushing her hair out of her face.

Ben chuckled. “Don’t stop on my account,” he said as he took a bottle of beer and sat down opposite them. The girl’s cheeks turned red and Ben grinned sheepishly at the both of them. “So c’mon then. How the fuck did this happen?”

“I met Dawn after a show a few weeks ago, man,” Danny said as he pulled the girl closer to him. Ahh, yes, that’s her name, Ben thought to himself. “We talked and hung out a few times and well, here we are.”

Ben eyed Dawn from where he was sitting and she had a huge grin on her face and her arms were all over Danny and she kept kissing his face every time Danny stopped talking. He could sense that she was clingy and well, considering the fact that they only knew each other for about 3 weeks, he thinks whatever they’re having is going too fast.

“Are you joining us on tour?” Ben asked out of curiosity. He figured that if his best friend really likes her, the rest of the band should probably try and get to know her a little better.

Dawn’s face instantly lighted up and she had the biggest grin on her face. She glanced at Danny as she waited for his answer. Danny was obviously smitten by her. He asked her right there and then and she agreed. Then they started to make out again.

Ben took that as his cue to leave the room. He went straight to the merch booth to see his girlfriend and thought that it would be nice to go out for a date with Nichole tonight. The both of them has been hanging around with the other guys a lot throughout this tour and they never really get to spend some quality time together.

* * *

Ben took his girlfriend to a really nice restaurant just down the street from the venue the band performed at earlier. They had a Mexican dinner since the both of them love Mexican food. All the while when they were having their nice dinner, Nichole seemed to be beaming with joy. Maybe she really needed the time alone with Ben, and he was glad that he was able to give that to her.

After dinner, they took a slowly stroll back towards the bus. “So what do you think about Dawn?” she suddenly asked.

Ben’s eyebrows furrowed in confusion. “Dawn?” In an instant, he felt Nichole slapping him on his arm. “Bitch! What was that for?”

Dawn happens to date your best friend so you ought to be nice and at least remember her name.”

“You know me, I’m no good with chick’s names.”

“It’s amazing how you could remember mine, really.”

Ben raised his eyebrow and smirked. “Are you kidding me? After experiencing how amazing you are in the sack, of course I’d remember your name.” And he expected the second slap to his arm by saying that, but he knows that she knows he was just joking. He laughed and immediately pulled her close to him and pecked her forehead.

“But seriously, Ben,” she continued. “You should get to know Dawn a bit better, she’s dating your best friend.”

He sighed. He’s not the type that can easily open up to anyone; he has trust issues with new people. That’s also the reason why he doesn’t have many friends. Danny is one of the very few people he trust in his life, apart from his other band mates and of course, Nichole.

But for Danny’s sake, he will try to be nice to the new chick. “Fine, I’ll be nice to her,” he said as he sighed. He hoped that she would not notice the reluctance in his voice.

The both of them walked back to the tour bus and saw that both Danny and Dawn were making out at the side of the bus. Ben rolled his eyes at the sight and Nichole elbowed him when he did that.

“I’m going to lodge a report of domestic abuse.”

It was Nichole’s turn to roll her eyes at him. “We used to be like them too, remember?”

Fine. I’ll stop being so… hostile,” the both of them made way to the door of the bus. “Get a room, will ya?” Ben called out to the new couple. Danny flashed him the middle finger in return.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler chapter.