Sequel: Run Right Back
Status: finished.

Little Baby Pines

Un peu plus tard.

A heavy weight landed on Kim’s body. It jolted her awake. There was a shriek and then a sigh of relief. “Jesus Christ, Jon. You are going to give me a heart attack or something.”

“You are too young for a heart attack.” He smacked her bottom. The comforter wrapped around her body was made of a dark fleece material and goose feathers. The smack was softened by the feathers. Jon reached over Kim’s body and flicked on the lamp sitting on the night stand. The lights lit up Kim’s face. Her hair was messy and the straps to her spaghetti top were falling off.

She patted his side. She meant to shove him but didn’t quite have the stamina to complete the task. “Sweetie. You are crushing me. I am going to get a Snapple and something fatty to eat. Get all snuggly in bed for me, okay?” With a swift swish of the covers, she hopped out and sauntered to the door. She tugged her striped boxers higher up, occluding her hip bones and ass crack from Jon’s vision. Her body halted at the door frame and she slightly turned her head to the side. “Oh and Jonny? Sorry about the lost. But great play in the last seconds of the third period. I totally screamed and flashed the TV just for you.”

Jon’s face didn’t cease to flush when she said things like that. It still got to him. He quietly took off his shirt, kicked off his pants, and slid into his bed. The two had been dating for almost four months. Jon asked her to stay the night at his place the night he came back from a road trip because he wanted to be with her when he got home. He liked having someone to come home to. He was afraid that he wouldn’t be able to spend as much time with her as he wanted to since hockey consumed his life. Coming home to find her asleep in his bed made him smile. She had only been doing it for about a fortnight, but he liked it. He really liked it.

Finding her in his bed made him feel happy and normal. He used to stress out about being normal, on a side bar only because he completely stressed out about hockey. Hockey was always the first thing on his mind. The daily calls to his mom made him constantly stressed that he was going to die single. Patrick got more women than he did. He hated Patrick beating him at things. If the two played video games for an obscenely long time together and Patrick continued to crush Jon he would get upset, glare at Patrick in a menacing way, throw the controller two inches from Patrick’s head, and storm out. Jon liked competition. He hated losing, especially to Patrick. Dating Kim and having a steady girl killed the competition between Patrick and Jon. Jon knew he won.

A package of Keebler fudge cookies and a bottle of wine were in her hands. “I apologize for looking like an alcoholic fatty girlfriend. But I love wine and I had a loaf of bread and cheese. Except I ate it all earlier and have resorted to these cookies, which I had to purchase from the nearby Walgreens since you have nothing but health food in this place.” Her manicured eyebrow arched. “Seriously Jon, your refrigerator has nothing but deli slices, fruit and beverages.” She slinked next to him, her curves forming around his body. He pushed her hair away from her face and placed a messy kiss on her cheek. “Cookie?”

Her head is sandwiched by his body and the bed when he leaned over and ate the cookie from her hand. Crumbs rolled downed her arms. “Gunna have to change these sheets. Again.” His licked her fingers and relaxed back onto his pillows. “So my mom chewed me out again. She wants to come down her and visit you.”

“That would be freaking awesome! Maybe you should let me talk to her on the phone first, though.” She shimmied off his chest and leaned against his pillows. Their heads tilt together. “But no. Like, your girlfriend talking to your mom freaks you out. You think that is too serious yet you have the doorman holding your spare key for me so that I can be in your bed when you come home.” She slung back the wine bottle, washing down fudgy bits of cookie with a bitter wine taste. “Why don’t you hide it under the fire extinguisher in the hallway like a normal person?”

“Because I, unlike normal people, have a doorman.” He took another cookie from her. “And I don’t avoid you two talking because it is too serious. Not at all. I want my mom to get to know you and meet you. I am just frightfully afraid of what she would say or do. There are so many embarrassing things she would want to say.”

“I know plenty of embarrassing things about you, dear. You talk to your mom every day, which is really cute but totally embarrassing. You sing French songs in the shower. I don’t even know what songs they are. Are they Serge Gainsbourg songs or something?”

There was a shifting movement in the bed when he pulled away from her. Since she was leaning slightly on him and had no control over her balance, she fell onto him. She abruptly recoiled into an upright position and checked to make sure she didn’t spill the wine. She hadn’t. “I like French music. And some of it is Serge, yes. I would, like, rap in the shower if you would let me listen to rap.”

Her eyebrows narrow. “You aren’t trying to listen to any rap, Jon. You try listening to Cunning Linguist. That is Sully. I don’t want you listening to Sully’s raps.” She tried to hide the anger boiling inside her, but failed to an extent. The quivering of the corner of her lip caught Jon’s eye.

“Why? What happened? Have you talked to him recently? He has been gone for a long while.” The wine bottle rose to her lips. She took a long swig from it. Her eyes were shut tightly. “Kim, I know you slept with him. I don’t have a problem with that.”

She continued to drown herself in wine until he lowered the bottle from her lips. “I am sorry. It’s just— It isn’t that. Well, sort of. Sully’s raps are personal. Like most music is. But like since I know him it is kind of weird. Like when we are driving together and you want to put on his CD. I feel uncomfortable because to you they are just raps but to me it is his diary. And I feel weird. Sorry.” She crawled over to Jon, leaning over him to put the wine bottle on the night stand. “He raps about me. That would be weird for you to hear, right?”

“I guess. I never really thought about it. I figured he rapped about you. Does he rap about you a lot?”

Her lips formed a pout. “Can we stop talking about Sully? I don’t even know what has become of him. He was supposed to come back a week or so ago. I tried calling him but he ignored the calls. I guess I fucked up and now we aren’t friends. We aren’t going to talk about our tiff. He might be back in town. I have no idea. Last I heard from Mindy was that he is in LA with his friend Chuck. I don’t know. It makes me sad.”

“You didn’t tell me about that falling out.” He took the small girl into his arms. Her face rested against his bare chest. “What do you say we throw on one of your SNL DVDs and fall asleep to it?”

A kiss was placed on his chest. “You are too good for me.” He leaned down and let her kiss his lips. The shirt she was wearing was peeled off. “We can have the DVD running on the background so we can watch it after we are exhausted from…” She trailed off as she placed kisses on his chest. A lopsided grin was on his face.

“Jesus fucking Christ, you have a pretty face. You are beautiful.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The title is French for "a little later". This is three months after Jon and Kim have been together. Sorry if you think it is a little fluffy. The chapter is to set up some 'drama' for Kim involving Sully. Remember him? He is making a come back.

Don't call it a comeback. I've been here for years. Rocking my peers and puttin' suckas in fear.