Status: Active :)

10 Miles Wide

End.

I looked at Craig and walked over to him, tears in my eyes, I kissed his cheek, "Craig, have they said anything?" He sighed and looked away, "I don't think I'm gonna make it, from what they were saying, it doesn't seem like they think so either. Where's CJ?" I smiled slightly, "I'll go get him." I kissed Craig and walked out to Alli and picked up CJ, she looked at me, "What's going on?" I sighed, "They don't think he's going to make it, he wants to see CJ." I carried him back in the room and I seen Craig smile, as best he could. He reached and took CJ from me, he held him and kissed his forehead, "You be good for mommy, aunt Allie, and your uncles." CJ just looked up at Craig and smiled and wiggled around, I started crying, Craig looked at me, "Have Alli come get CJ." I nodded and went out to get Alli, she hugged me and took CJ from Craig after he gave him one last kiss on the cheek. After Alli had CJ Craig looked at me, "Come here." I walked over to him, still crying, he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to him, "I love you soo much Izzy." I just cuddled closer to him, "I love you too. Please, don't leave me and CJ." I felt his grip tighten around me, "You take care of CJ, don't let anyone hurt him. Don't let anyone hurt you, find someone that will love and take of both you and CJ, I don't want you to raise him by yourself." I cried, "Then don't leave me." He sighed, "That's not a choice I can make right now, I'm sorry Izzy." I looked up at him as his grip on me started to lighten up, I kissed him, "I love you Craig." He smiled, barely, and barely above a whisper I heard, "I love you too, make sure CJ knows that I love him so much." Then the machine started flat lining, I moved away from Craig as the nurses and a doctor came in. After it was official I ran out to Alli and hugged her, she hugged me, "Izzy, it's going to be okay. We're all here for you." I just cried and didn't even bother trying to stop, none of them had ever really seen me this vulnerable, but right now I didn't care.

The Day of Craig's Funeral

I sighed and got up from bed, taking a shower and changing into a black dress. After I was ready I walked down and seen Alli holding CJ, I looked at her, "Where's Airi?" She sighed, "With my parents." I nodded and took CJ from her and kissed his head, we walked out to the car and drove to the funeral home, where the guys were already. We walked in and Robert took CJ from me and Bryan hugged me, "How are things going so far?" I sighed, "They're going, ok I guess." He hugged me again, "Izzy, Craig really loved you. You and CJ were his everything, you know that." I nodded, and sighed, "Can I have CJ back?" Robert nodded and handed him back to me, we walked into where Craig was, the guys, Alli, Craig's parents, CJ, and myself were sitting in the front. After it was over we walked up to look at Craig one last time, he didn't look anything like the real him, his hair was perfect and out of his face, the clothes were something he would never have worn. I leaned down and kissed his cheek one last time, CJ knew something wasn't right, he started crying as he looked at Craig. I cried as we walked away and got in the car with Alli. We went to the cemetry and watched as they put Craig's casket in the ground, after it was over I went straight home, Alli and the guys showed up soon after.

Sixteen Years Later
I walked in the house to hear music blaring from the garage, that's when I heard something I never thought I'd hear again, "whoa yeah

you say you're getting closer
to that chance of suicide
tearing at your throat
you won't let it die
left me here for all these days
and ripped apart my pride

take my place and look inside
i'm trying to find a place
to hide, hide
lost my faith but don't you cry
i got a hole inside
and it's ten miles wide (yeah alright)

living on the coast cocktails and telling lies
gotta fucking crush coming to life
you left me here for all these days
and ripped apart my pride

take my place and look inside
i'm trying to find a place
to hide, hide
lost my faith but don't you cry
i got a hole inside
and it's ten miles wide

it's not too late i'm close behind
i've gotta get inside your mind, mind
lost my faith but don't you cry
i got a hole inside
and it's ten miles wide
wide, wide, wide...

take me on
i'm feeling in the mood
for something dangerous
i've found myself again

take me on
i'm feeling in the mood
for something dangerous
i've found myself again

take my place and look inside
i'm trying to find a place
to hide, hide
lost my faith but don't you cry
i got a hole inside
and it's ten miles wide

well i lost myself and looked inside
it branded me for life
i can't help myself it's mine to hide
i got a hole inside
it's feeling ten miles
it's feeling ten miles
it's feeling ten miles wide

ten miles wide
ten miles wide
ten miles wide
.
Alright guys that was great." I walked out to the garage and seen CJ and his friends, "CJ?" He looked at me, "Yeah mom?" I smiled, "Where did you find that song?" He sighed, "When you had me go through some of dad's stuff to see if there was anything I wanted, I found that on a piece of paper. Dad was really great at stuff like that, wasn't he?" I nodded, "You're just like him CJ, your dad was a great singer and you sound almost exactly like him." He smiled and hugged me, "Thanks mom." I nodded, "It's no problem CJ." I walked back in the house and sat on the couch, listening to them play. I was still raising CJ by myself and I think I've done a pretty good job so far, he's a good kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End