Status: In-Progess(:

She Doesn't Believe In Love

He's Determined to Call Her Bluff

I woke up to Like We Used To by A Rocket To The Moon playing. I opened my eyes and stretched. The smell of French toast filled the air. I got out of bed and walked out into the kitchen. The windows were open and no lights were on. Just the sunlight. I loved it. I sat next to Lyndsi at the Island.

“Morning.” She said. I smiled. I looked at the clock. 10:30. Lyndsi was in her lifeguard bathing suit and jean shorts. Her blonde hair was perfectly straight and in a ponytail.

“Are you coming to the pool today?” She asked sipping her coffee.

“I might. I don’t know yet.” I said as I got some OJ from the fridge. I glanced at the boxes in the corner. Zack is just amazing.

“Ok. My shift ends at 5, so I can come home and help pack.” She said smiling.

“That’d be awesome.” I said, “Thanks.”

“No problem. When are you guys moving in?” She asked as Zack put French toast in front of her.

“This week. I already took most of my stuff over.” He said. He lives with his parents. I don’t know why, he just did. Zack put two French toast on a plate and put syrup on it. He sat the plate where I was sitting as I sat down with a glass of orange juice.

“Thank you.” I said smiling.

“No problem.” He said smiling. I ate the French toast as Lyndsi talked about work. I can’t wait for the day when Zack can hold me while I eat breakfast. I smiled to myself.

“I’m off to work. See you guys later.” Lyndsi said getting her bag and shutting the door to the apartment. I took the last bite of French toast and put my plate in the sink. Zack wrapped his arm around my waist and kissed my hair.

“Good morning.” He said softly.

“Breakfast was amazing. Last night was amazing.” I said just as softly.

“It was.” He agreed. I turned around and kissed him.

“Thank you for packing some of my stuff.” I said smiling.

*****

I walked down to the pool holding Zack’s hand.

“Do you care?” He asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t.” He said kissing me. I smiled. I don’t care anymore. We walked over to the entrance and showed the girl our passes. She winked at Zack. I looked down, trying to ignore that. Zack put his arm around my waist and I looked up. He kissed me. We walked through the little gate thing and saw Lyndsi. Zack pulled me closer and Lyndsi looked at us weird from her chair. I blushed. We walked over to the grass and set down our towels. I took of my board shorts to reveal my bikini bottom. Some guys whistled and I sat down on my towel.

“No sunscreen?” Zack asked spraying himself with a SPF 15 spray sunscreen thing. I shook my head and stood up for him to spray me. I put my hair up into a bun so he could get my shoulders and neck. The sunscreen felt cold on my warm, tan skin. We walked over to Lyndsi’s chair.
“You came!” She screamed. I laughed.

“That’s what she said.” Zack said laughing. I nodded at Lyndsi. I saw a few preppy girls walk past pointing at my tattoos. You know the ones that wear pink, sparkly, a size too small bikini. So I pushed my boobs out and put hands on my hips as they stared.

“Like oh my god. Is butter a carb? Like…Lyndsi, I can’t eat more then 500 calories a day.” I mocked.

“Duuuddee! I’m gonna go shove a needle through nose and look like a hooker with all my tattoos.” The most stereotypical preppy dumb blonde mocked. Lyndsi stifled a giggle as Zack flipped them off.

“What?” She asked. Oh my fucking God. You have to be kidding me.

“This,” I said giving them the finger, “means fuck off.” I grabbed Zack’s hand and walked away, but Zack stayed put.

“Come on.” I said pulling on his arm.

“And that’s why no one likes you.” Zack said to the girls, “You know nothing and look like sluts. Which, I guess you are.” I smiled. “A real girl can take pain.” With that, Zack walked away with me.

******

I laid on Zack’s bed since his is bigger, and I’m leaving mine to Lyndsi. I listened to my iPod and closed my eyes. Some how, Jack found out I was moving in with Zack into my dream house. I got up and walked over to the balcony. I took a deep breathe. Lying to Jack now isn’t gonna be easy. I mean, he doesn’t know Zack I are having sex. Plus, his rule that I’m breaking and I can’t bring myself to care. I took out my head phones and sat them down on Zack’s dresser. I walked down the stairs into the kitchen. I wanna cook. There was a knock at the door and I looked out the window. Zack isn’t home yet. I opened the door curious to find a little girl and, what I assume to be, a mom and a dad.

“Hello.” I said smiling. The family held brownies.

“Welcome to the neighborhood.” The woman said and smiled.

“Thank you.” I smiled.

“I’m Maria and this is my husband Kyle. This is my daughter, Kylie.” Maria said. Kylie waved. I waved back. Kylie is so cute.

“I’m Ivy. My boyfriend Zack lives here too, but he’s out running errands.” I said smiling.

“Nice to meet you.” Kyle said.

“You too.” I said.

“Here’s some brownies we baked for you.” Kylie said as Maria handed me them.

“Thank you. Zack and I will love them.” I said smiling.

“Your welcome.” Kylie said as they left my porch. I shut the door, and locked it. I set the brownies on the kitchen counter. My cell started ringing.

“Hello?”

“He found out.” Zack said. I panicked.

“How?” I asked scared.

“I don’t know, but he’s pissed.” He said, “I’m sorry baby.” I sniffled a little. Great. My brother is pissed at me.

“It’s ok. We knew it would happen.” I said, trying to make Zack not feel bad.

“I’ll be home in 15 minutes. I’m getting McDonalds, your usual?”

“Yeah.”

“Okay. I love you.” He said and I smiled.

“I love you too.” I said and hung up. I set my phone down. I got a text almost immediately.

From: Jack

I cant believe you ivy! Your fucking zack? And living with him? Some promise you kept.

Tears formed in my eyes and I exited out of the text. I sat down on the swirled stairs that I’m in love with. I looked up at the landing. I grabbed the cover that was on the couch and walked up the stairs to the landing. I sat against the wall with the cover wrapped around me.

I sniffled. The doorbell rang and I just /knew/ it was Zack. In my heart, I was getting up and opening the door, then eating and crying with Zack holding me. Instead…..

“Leave!” I screamed. The door opened and Zack walked in, looked around and saw me. I saw the pain in his eyes. The look he gave me when he saw me, made me cry more. Zack set the food on the kitchen counter and ran up the stairs.

“Baby…….” He said quietly. I looked up at him. He sat down next to me and pulled me onto his lap.

“He texted you?” Zack asked rubbing my back.

“Yea.” I said meekly.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t want him to find out this early.” He said and kissed my forehead. My stomach growled and Zack picked me up and carried me down the stairs.

He got me my dinner and held me as I ate, which I was doing in a haze. I didn’t even care that he was trying to take my shirt off.

A few minutes passed and I was in my underwear and tank top.

“What can I do?” Zack asked in my ear.

“Just hold me.” I said. He sighed. He took my empty plate in the kitchen and set it on the counter. I started walking over to the stairs and tripped on /air/.

“Fuck.” I said. Zack looked up with a concerned look on his face.

“Just clumsy me.” I said and walked up the stairs… carefully. I walked into the bedroom and laid on the bed. Zack walked in a few minutes later and turned the my iPod on low. Rhythm of Love by the Plain White Tee’s came on and I smiled slightly. He opened the balcony doors wide open and I smiled a little more. I felt the breeze on my skin, goose bumps appeared. Zack walked over to the bed and sat down.

“Hi beautiful.” He said softly.

“Am I in a nightmare?” I asked.

“As long as I’m here, no.” He said. His fingers grazed the side of my face and I hummed. He laid down next to me and I cuddled into his side; placing my hand on his chest. He rubbed my back and I sighed. We laid there for what seemed like forever. I dozed off, when I awoke. I was in my pajamas under the covers… alone. I sat up and looked around. There was a note next to me. I unfolded it and read it.

Ivy,

If your reading this, I’m trying to sort things out with Jack. Please don’t worry. If anything /does/ happen, I’ll call you. I put you in pajamas since you were sleeping. I love you baby.

Love,
Zack.

It finally hit me. Jack is /still/ mad. Why couldn’t it be a dream? Well, nightmare. Or, a joke.

I set the note down and got out of bed. I opened the balcony doors and the warm air hit me. The heat made me feel alive. I walked over to the other side of the bed and opened the window.

I sat on the bed with tears falling down my face. I heard a car door slam, the door open and heavy footsteps coming up the stairs. I want everything to be better again. I sniffled.

“Ivy?” Zack asked with concern laced in his voice. I looked up.

“What’s wrong?” He asked walking over to the bed.

“Jack-sniffle- hates-sniffle- me.” Zack pulled me against his chest and rubbed my back.

“No he doesn’t. It’s all fixed baby.” I could hear the slight smile in his voice. I looked up, the crying had stopped.

“Really?” He nodded.

“Thank you.” I said happy.

“I love you.” He said getting close to my face.

“I love you too.” I said before I kissed him.

“Do you believe in love yet?” Zack asked quietly. I smiled.

“I think I do.” Zack kissed me.