Status: On hiatus unfortunately! :( If you have any ideas and/or would like to be added as a co-author you can PM me.

Fill Your Heart

Changes

My heart sank when I walked into the party alone in this ridiculous outfit and David was with a beautiful woman with black hair. She wasn’t anything like me, she was better than me. She was all over him and he was all over her, it made no sense why he would invite me to this damn party then show up with somebody else. Happy-fucking-Halloween to me! I thought as I turned around to leave, before I could get out the door there was a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and it was David, he had gone through another one of his changes.

His hair was trying to be blonde but you could still see where the red bled through, he looked somewhat normal except he was even skinnier than the last time I saw him. He almost looked sick, he was so gaunt. Skin and bones. I looked up into his mismatching eyes and began to speak but nothing would come out, I didn’t know what to say to him it’s felt like forever since I saw him.

“Hullo Emily, looking for me?” He asked charmingly, I still couldn’t speak so I nodded.

“Nice mask by the way, if it wasn’t for that cute little freckle above your lip I wouldn’t have recognized you.” He continues as he leads me across the room where the girl was waiting on him.

She smiles nicely at me but her eyes studied me jealously, “Emily, this is Renee she’s my makeup artist.” He tells me, I say hello and he introduces me as his friend. I set my mask down on the table and pull out my camera.

“Can I get a picture of you two for Rolling Stone?” I ask them, they agree and huddle close together. David drapes a thin arm around her shoulders and she puts an arm around his waist. I snap the picture quickly then put my camera back in its case, the bartender then tucks it away safely under the counter and tells me that I can come back to get it before I leave. I would’ve been thrilled to leave just then, David wanted me to stay though so like a good little girl I did.

“Emily, do you want to dance?” David asked me gently, I smile and say yes.

He takes my hand and leads me right to the center of the dance floor, one of his arms wrap around my waist; he pulls me close to him. It was then that I realized how much he towered over my 5’3 height; I put my hands on the back of his neck and look up into his eyes.

“Well, you’ve certainly grown and changed.” He says with a sad look in his eyes, I sighed.

“So have you.” It was scary to think how much we’ve both changed; perhaps we didn’t change for the better. Maybe we’ve changed for the worst and maybe we’ve changed and grown apart.