The Impossible

The Next Day

The next day

I was practically shaking with nervousness. I wasn’t sure how the night was going to go and not only that I still had to go through school and then wait several hours until the date. I didn’t help that Clara and Lola were jumping me with questions every second that they saw me.

I was ready to pull my hair out by the end of the day. I stressed so much I didn’t even remember that I still had to sit through John’s class before I was able to confront him, which seemed to be the most difficult thing yet.

As I sat in my seat, Coach going on with the lesson, I couldn’t help but fiddle with my necklace. I could see my hand shaking and was about to look at it further when Coach called on me.

I looked up to see everyone looking at me. I could feel my face growing red. I swallowed. “Um, what was the question?”

“You need to be paying attention Blair,” He said disapprovingly, which only made me feel worse. “I said, what is one advantage to a Sole Proprietorship?”

I looked down at my desk as I answered. “The ease of starting,” I said.

“Correct,” He said, and continued on.

I sat in class, wishing the bell would ring, noticing that today time decided to be cruel and go by slowly. When the bell rang I was ready to jump up and run out the door but was stopped when Coach said my name. I stiffened, not believing that this was really happening.

I turned toward him. “Yes, Coach?” I said slowly.

“Come here,” he said. I walked to his desk and stood about three feet away. “What’s been going on with you lately? You used to be my best student, but now you seem a little bit distracted. Is there anything you need to talk about?” I was surprised he actually seemed to care. He looked concerned. “Your mom e-mailed me at the beginning of the school year and told me about her divorce. Are you distracted by that?”

I stood there, mouth open, not knowing what to say. Mom had really e-mailed him telling her about her divorce? So that’s not true concern I saw in his eyes, it was pity. I could feel tears stinging my eyes. Yes mothers divorce had affected me, affected my life, but there was no way I wanted to talk about it when there was only pity to gain from it. If there was one thing I couldn’t stand more than anything, it was pity. I could feel tears dripping from my eyes; they weren’t tears of sadness, but tears of pure anger.

“You have no right to ask me about my personal life,” I said through my teeth, clinching my fist. “You don’t know anything about my family, not to mention about me.” I was practically screaming at him now. “I’m over my mom’s divorce, that’s not what’s distracting me.”

He calmly looked at me and asked, “Then what is?”

I was about to open my mouth and scream ‘you’ but held back with as much force as I could handle. Instead I stood up straighter, wiped my eyes and said, “nothing,” turned around and walked out of the classroom, Coach calmly watching after me.
♠ ♠ ♠
PLEASE don't be a silent reader, I would really like comments :) thank yous to the three subscribers