Status: Finished <3

Screaming on the Inside

So Now I Lie Waiting For A Cure

When I came back in the room to ask Nick what he wanted to eat, he was looking at Dan like a deer in headlights. What did he say to him?
"Uh, hey. The nurse said it's okay for you to eat, what do you want me to bring back for you?" I asked, still wondering what was going on, but thought it best I don't ask.
"Uh, in all honesty, I don't really care." His facial expression got a bit more relaxed when he talked to me. He seemed a little disoriented and mad at the same time, but he spoke to me sweetly, so I wasn't worried that he was mad at me.
"Something from Pizza Hut okay? That's what I was going to go get." I said.
"Yeah, that's fine. Thank you Marley." I smiled at him.
"No problem. I'll be back soon. Don't let these guys annoy you, stress and anger won't help anything. And be careful not to move too much, you have stitches in your side and they can't open back up of your going to loose more blood." I warned. He smiled at me a little, what was he thinking?
"Okay mom." Lloyd teased.
"Shut up Lloyd." Nick said, defensively and seeming to get instantly mad. How did I manage to stay on his good side?
"Niiick.." I cooed, and smoothed his hair away from his face again, leaving my hand on his neck. He seemed to lighten up, but he didn't say anything. "I'll be back soon." I said, walking away slowly, glaring at Dan and Lloyd. "Don't piss him off." I said sternly.
"Whatever, we're actually going to go to the cafeteria downstairs for some coffee." Dan assured me.
"We are?" Apparently Lloyd had no idea.
"Yes. We are. Let's go." Dan said, rushing them out of the room. I blushed, knowing exactly why Dan rushed Lloyd away. Me and Nick were alone.
"I'm just going to go ahead and apologize for them." Nick seemed a little guilty.
"Don't worry about it." I smiled.
He gave me a look, and I knew what the look was for. I knew exactly what he wanted and there was really no getting around it, not that I didn't want to. I was just afraid of him hurting himself or me hurting him. "Don't look at me like that." I couldn't help but let out a giggle. Boy did I feel like a teenage girl.
"Come here." He said softly, but not in a demanding way.
I wanted to tell him no, just because I was a little freaked out about what Dan and my boss made me admit to myself. I was in love with Nick. I was in love with him and was finally able to admit it to myself. I didn't know if his kisses would feel any different to me or if something would be different. But how could I tell him no?
I leaned down to his level and stroked his face, that being a first for me. I took that as me feeling a little brave. Nick smiled and connected his lips with mine. It was actually not what I expected it to be.. In a good way.
I thought I'd throw up on him, to be honest, because the second Dan and Lloyd left my stomach turned into knots and I was getting that nervous feeling again. But the second our lips touched, the feeling went away and something else filled the space, like a warm, safe feeling. I was truly happy, but there was one thing standing in the way of my complete happiness, a commitment.
I obviously wanted to be in a relationship with him, but he couldn't be in one. He was going through a divorce and I knew Nick was too nice to date someone while going through that. So no, he couldn't give me the commitment I wanted at that point in time, but I was willing to wait for him.
The funniest part about us kissing right then, was I knew when his heart rate went up. His flat line beeped faster while we were kissing, and it made me giggle to the point of almost having to stop. I thought it was kind of cute.
We kept kissing until we heard Dan and Lloyd walk in with Johnny, then we separated and I walked out of the room, blushing like mad because I knew we got caught. I didn't think about how they'd interrogate Nick, I accidentally fed him to his sharks of friends.. Oops.
When I got back to the hospital room, Nick looked like he was tired and fighting sleep, and the other three were being loud as hell.
I hit the three in the head, angry at their actions. But they were dudes, they weren't as sensitive to this kind of stuff as women are. "What is wrong with you?" I asked, angry. But I tried to keep my cool.
They looked at me like they had no idea what I was talking about. "What?" Johnny asked.
"You morons are being loud as fuck and Nick looks like he's about to pass out." I lectured.
"...I don't know where you're going with this." Lloyd said, probably just to piss me off.
"The hell you don't! Would you all just be quiet and let him sleep? For God's sake..." I was completely infuriated and I honestly had no idea why. I was just mad that they were being inconsiderate.
I set the food down on the table next to Nick's bed and casually looked at his IV and noticed that they had out another needle in his arm. "When did they put this one in?" I asked smoothly, and quietly for that matter as the other three guys were whispering about video games or something.
"Like 20 minutes ago." He answered. I could tell he was tired by the way he talked and looked.
"What's it for?" I asked, a little concerned.
"It's a morphine drip." I could tell he wasn't really wanting to talk, but I had one more question.
"Why did they give you that now?"
"They had to restitch my side." I somehow knew that it was Johnny's fault.
"What happened?" I realized my voice grew a bit louder, so I quieted down.
"Uhm, Johnny was over there messing with shit he wasn't supposed to touch and something flew off of the shelf," He looked like he wasn't mad about it, more that it was funny then anything. "and it hit me in the shoulder. I didn't know that Johnny was even over there and it scared the shit out of me. Now I know why the nurse told you guys to not scare me." He chuckled. I knew he would've been mad about it if he weren't so tired, but I kind of took that rage for him, but I had to keep calm or I'd stress him out. I'd been around hospitalized people enough to know that stuff like that can stress someone out and slow their healing process. Not what I wanted.
I figured I'd just yell at Johnny later, so I sat down next to Nick's bed and lightly ran my fingers over the side of his face until he went to sleep, which didn't take long. After he was out, I figured I'd eat, so I sat at the little table and ate while death glaring Johnny the whole time.
"What?" He said in a low whisper. I think they all knew better then to wake him up.
"You know what!" I whispered back in an angry way. We were yelling at each other in a whispering tone, so we were quiet, but still yelling.
"That wasn't my fault!" He defended, and started laughing.
"Oh really? You want to explain it to me then?"
"I was over there, playing with doctor stuff, and I found another stethoscope! I wanted to see how far it would stretch, and I accidentally let it go and it may have flung into Nick's arm.." They all started chuckling. I admit, the way he told the story made me want to laugh, but laughing at it would probably be bad. If the stethoscope had hit someone else, or if Nick wasn't hurt, then I would have laughed my ass off, but the situation was different.
"Johnny... Do you want to die?" I warned, but couldn't hold back a smile. It was hard to be mad at him.
"Not by you! If you kill me you'll probably do it in some scary sick way like.. Rip my balls off and hang them from a ceiling fan.. In a therapist's office!!" I looked at him like he was dumb, but just played along.
"Then I suggest you stop being such a creep." I said and went back to my food. I knew Nick would have to stay the night, but I was not looking forward to it..
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this is kind of short, but that's all I got tonight! Lol I'm insanely tired. I promise, more updates tomorrow probably around the same time. Thank you for reading!! and Thank you "Get Scared" for commenting after every chapter. I smile every time and I love you for it!! Haha! ;D

Ps. I wish I could switch th titles of this chapter and the last chapter! Lol! But I forgot about this lyric until right now >.< But whatever, It's my story, I'LL DO WHAT I WANT! x) lol <33 (And you'll get this if you're a Black Veil Brides fan, but when I type in all caps like that, I always read it in Lightning Thunderstien's voice. xDDD Lol )