‹ Prequel: Bittersweet Sundown
Sequel: Dear Diary!

Fool With Dreams

Not Strong Enough To Stay Away

“Did anyone just heard a thunder?” Val asked while sitting down on the lawn chair.

“Yeah, I thought I heard something,” Zack looked at the horizon, searching any signs of storm clouds. Ash too turned her fearful eyes up. And sure enough there were dark clouds on the far edge of the sky. And those clouds were swiftly moving closer.

“What the hell? It’s the end of december,” Jimmy scrunched his brow, staring up like all the others.

A low rumble rolled once again over the sky, slowly increasing in sound. All the hairs on Ash’s body rose up.

“I have to go home. Bye guys,” she said as casually as she could, wanting to be home where she could feel as closest to safe as possible.

“Why? We can move inside,” Leana frowned, seeing through Ash tough surface.

“Um, no, I really have to get home. Hemi’s not doing well with thunder and I don’t wanna leave him alone,” Ash tried to find an excuse, slowly backing away. She slipped inside and ran through the house, almost colliding with Brian who was coming back from the bathroom.

“Whoa! Where’s the fire?” he asked, smiling down at her.

“No fire. I just have to go home. Bye!” Ash said while continuing her escape. She ran out the front door and headed home, glad that Jimmy was living only a few houses from hers.

She burst through her front door and ran upstairs. She screamed lightly when Dani stepped out of her room.

“What’s up? Why’re you running like a mad?” she stopped Ash by grabbing her shoulders and standing in front of her.

“Thunder,” Ash squeaked, looking pleadingly at her friend.

“Okay, go,” Dani stepped back, knowing that there was nothing she could do. Ash ran to her bedroom first and grabbed her iPod. Another wave of thunder rolled over the house and she pushed herself to move even faster. She ran to the only room without windows and pushed the door shut. Without wasting any more time, she switched on the stereo she had there, turning up the volume to a full blast. And just to be sure, she plugged her headphones in and put her iPod on shuffle.

Brian stopped behind Ash’s bathroom door, listening to music that was blasting through. He slowly pushed the door open and saw Ash sitting on the floor, her eyes closed and her head leaned back, against the wall. She was singing, but not to the song that was coming from the stereo. She was trying so hard to ignore anything else around her.

“I'm a fool with dreams and not a lot of things, I swear that I will be all you need, don't give up on me. Give me one more day, don't give this all away. We'll be fine you'll see, just don't give up on me...” she sang

Brian didn’t want to scare her, so he knocked on the door, to let her know someone was in the same room with her. She didn’t seem to hear and Brian slowly walked in. Noticing her earphones, he kneeled down and pulled them out of her ears. Ash quickly opened her eyes and looked at him, surprise and confusion showing in her eyes. Not saying a word, Brian held out his hands. Without a doubt, Ash grabbed a hold of them and Brian pulled her up, straight against his chest. Then he kissed her, before she could even ask anything. He backed her up against the wall, his lips firm but passionate on hers.

“Bri? What’re you doing?” Ash whispered when Brian’s lips moved down to her neck and his hands were fighting with the hem of her shirt.

“Distracting you,” Brian mumbled, his low voice causing something long forgotten to stir inside of her.

“You’re doing a good job cause I can’t even think of why you should distract me,” Ash sighed, struggling to keep her mind clear. Her body had already given up, her hands lost in his soft hair.

“Well, I’m not gonna tell you now,” Brian smirked, pleased by her reaction to him.

He kept assaulting her with kisses and when he finally got his hands under her shirt he pushed it up and over her head. Ash didn’t object, instead she did the same to Brian’s shirt. She threw it on the floor and kissed him hungrily. Her hands were roaming over his hard tattoo covered chest.

They continued to rip off each others clothes while kissing and rubbing against each other.

“God, how beautiful you are,” Brian murmured, lifting her up so she could put her legs around his hips.

He held her firmly and walked to the shower, making sure water was warm enough before stepping in.

Ash woke up on the next morning happier than she had been in a long time. She remembered exactly what had happened last night. Sighing softly, she turned around, only to be met with an empty spot beside her. She looked around the room, finding it empty too.

“Great!” she sat up, rubbing her hands over her face. “You just had to get back to me, didn’t you.” All her good mood vanished, leaving her totally unhappy. Sighing once again, she stood up and got dressed. She really needed some coffee.

Once in the kitchen, a small piece of a green paper, stuck to the coffee maker, caught her attention.

“Had to go. Sorry. See ya later :)”

That was all that read on the paper. It didn’t even have a name or anything.

“Dammit man, you’re so confusing,” Ash muttered to herself, not knowing what to think. Hemi sat down next to her, looking at her with his head tilted to the side.

“Oh, not you, honey. I just don’t understand Brian. God, I hope he’s not regretting it,” she whispered that last part, squatting down to her dog. Hemi licked his warm tongue over her face a few times, earning a giggle from his mommy.

“Come on, breakfast time,” Ash stood up, deciding not to worry for now. She would see him sooner or later.

❀❀❀❀❀

“What took you so long?” Jimmy whined the moment Ash entered his living room. “Come on, sit down. We have something to show you,” he didn’t even give her a chance to answer, pushing her towards the couch where the only available seat was next to Brian. Ash’s heart trembled in fear as she went to sit down, not having enough courage to even look at him.

A surprised yelp escaped her lips when Brian’s hands grabbed her on the way down and he pulled her on his lap.

“Sorry for leaving earlier. I had some things to take care and you were just too cute while sleeping,” Brian whispered softly. He couldn't resist brushing his lips over her delicate neck, making her shiver in delight.

“Next time wake me up so I can kiss you before you go,” Ash whispered back, barely able to hide the joy, blooming in her heart. “If there’ll be a next time,” she added quietly, suddenly fearing that she is hoping too much.

“Oh, there’ll definitely be a next time,” Brian smirked, tracing her jawline with his nose.

“Are you sure? What about your fear of me?” Ash asked, trying to forcefully push down that growing hope inside of her stupid heart.

“Well, there’s no reason for me to fear until you give me a reason. Look, it’s killing me to stay away from you. My heart knows that my place is on your side. My mind lost the fight and I’m not strong enough to stay away. So, will you accept me to be your man?” he asked, his voice almost pleading.

“Of course I will,” Ash smiled wide. She reached her hands on his cheeks and kissed those tasty lips with everything she had.

“Finally! Thank a fucking duck!” Jimmy yelled suddenly, startling Ash and Brian from their moment.

“What?” Johnny raised his head from the magazine he was reading, puzzled by the yelling.

“Those two finally fucked!” Jimmy pointed at Ash and Brian, who were still cuddling up to each other, with a wide grin on his face.

“Was about time. Maybe he will stop acting like a dick now,” Zack muttered, earning a chuckle from Matt.

Ash felt slightly uncomfortable under everyone's gaze, so she leaned her forehead against Brian’s neck and let her hair fall in front of her face. “Make them stop staring at us,” she whined so quietly that only Brian was able to hear her.

Brian only laughed lightly and hugged her even closer, loving the way her tiny body felt in his arms. He couldn’t wipe away the grin on his lips even if he wanted to. For the first time in his life he felt that everything was going to work out at last, that he would get his happy ending after all. He was radiating happiness and he didn’t even try to hide it. Not minding the audience, he kissed her lips softly.

“There’s people in the room!” Johnny yelled, turning his face away.

“Shush!” Jimmy slapped the back of his head, “it’s like a free porn.” He didn’t turn his eyes from the couple on the couch, not even for a moment.

“Jimmy! I’m not gonna give you a free show here,” Ash laughed at his excited expression.

“Fine! I’ll pay you,” Jimmy huffed, throwing his hands in the air.

“Forget it man, that was all you’re gonna get,” she smiled, leaning her head on Brian’s shoulder. She felt comfortable and safe in his arms, she felt like she was finally home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Apocalyptica - Not Strong Enough