Status: I have the story all planned out and have already written several chapters, how much I post them depends on comments!;)

We Can Settle This Like Gentlemen or Meet Me out the Back to End It All and Start Again

Chapter Seven

Conner hit City Hall in no time, and began making his way back to the gym, and at the pace he was running, he ran the finishing two and a half miles in no time at all.

Conner walked back into the gym, feeling the huge temperature difference he quickly ditched his hoodie and stood sweating and catching his breath as his dad walked over to him.

“Alright, today’s Cardio,” his father told him, speaking of Conner’s three day training workout. One day was cardio and abs. The next day was shoulders, lats, and legs. And the third day was simply training, as in working with the heavy bag, speed bag, double end bag, etc. After that Conner had one day off, to give his body time to recover, and the next day his routine started all over again.

Without any other further explanation about what Conner would be doing, his father pointed him in the direction of the jump ropes. It’s not as if Conner really needed his father to tell him what to do, he had been doing this routine long enough it would forever be engraved in his mind.

Conner grabbed his jump rope as his dad started the timer.

“Go.” Conner immediately got in his fast paced jump roping routine. Tap, tap, tap, tap, tap. The jump rope hit the floor, over and over and over again. After his three minutes were up Conner was told to stop, and rest for one minute. That’s how it always was for boxers. When they trained everything was in rounds. Three minute rounds of workout, one minute round of rest.

Every boxer jump roped and it was basically because it helped so much on so many different things. Not only did it help with a boxer’s cardiovascular endurance and lung capacity, but it helped them with stamina, hand-foot co-ordination, it burned calories and helped build the leg muscles.

Three more rounds later and Conner was done jump roping. Sweat dripping down his face at the task. He quickly grabbed his ice cold water bottle and took a swig, careful not to drink too much.

Even though Conner was burning up and sweating, he put his sweatshirt back on as he headed outside once more and grabbed his bike in the process, biking the five miles to the City Hall and back once more.

The day continued on like that. Going from one workout to the next. After he biked he worked on his feet reflexes.

Most trainers just called them ‘fast feet’ drills, to make sure that Conner was always on his toes in the ring, ready to duck or dodge a punch.

Then the cardio part of his workout was through, and he went right into ab work, getting onto the matted ground and doing one hundred crunches.

One hundred crunches, three rounds of planks, three rounds of sit ups with weight, six inches, and another one hundred crunches later, Conner was beat, dripping sweat, and lying on the floor of the gym, trying to coax his body into getting up to leave.

“Let’s go,” Conner’s father said above him, lightly kicking Conners abdomen.

Conner sighed and pushed himself up off of the ground, and faced his dad.

“You look like shit.” His dad said to him, smirking.

Conner just laughed and shook his head, “Yeah, my trainer makes sure of that. He’s kind of a douchebag.”

“Touché.” Conner’s father replied, “And you’re let off, go ahead and go home and rest.”

Conner said bye to his dad, dragged himself to the locker room to get his duffel bag, and walked outside, slumping into the drivers seat of his car and staying there a minute, head resting on the back of the seat.

It wasn’t until Conner looked at his phone and realized that it was almost five o’clock in the afternoon, and that he had to get home and shower so that he could pick Halle up for their date.

Then his body aches didn’t matter, because he kicked his ass in gear and sped home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long, and I hope that no one thinks that this chapter was boring! I am just trying to make it appeal to people that aren't just looking for a love story, but a story about boxing too. So please don't worry and don't stop reading! This story is going to have a great mix of boxing and love too! Please comment and tell me what you think about it all!