One of the Boys

One Of The Boys, Part 2

“Oh My Gosh! You’re Nick Jonas!” I exclaimed. “Ugh! I’m so stupid! All the signs! You name is Nick! You wouldn’t tell me your last name because you knew I’d know who you were if you did! But what about all the other things? Why did you say you needed you car? Why didn’t you tell me where you lived?” Nick sighed.

“Well, I need my car to get around. Because I’m a rockstar I have to be a lot of places, and I didn’t tell you where I lived because, well, would you have believed me if I told you I lived in one of the richest neighborhoods in LA?” I smiled.

“Probably not,” I admitted. “But why didn’t you tell me you were Nick Jonas in the first place?”

“I didn’t know if you were a crazy fan or not,” he said with a laugh. I laughed too.

“Don’t worry, I’m not a crazy fan,” I assured him. I grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. I handed Nick the remote. I went and got my lunch and Coke. When I came back I saw SpongeBob was on.

“You like SpongeBob?” I asked Nick.

“Yeah, it’s funny,” he said. We watched SpongeBob while we finished our lunch. When we were done I turned off the TV.

“Wanna play some soccer?” I asked Nick. He looked at me with surprise.

“Are you sure you wanna play me? I’m really good at soccer,” Nick warned me.

“We’ll see about that,” I said with a smile. I got up and grabbed my soccer ball from my room and walked outside to the backyard. Nick was already there.

“My goal is over there,” I said to Nick pointing to my left. “Your goal is over there.” I pointed to my right.

“Who goes first?” I asked him.

“I’ll let you go first, and I’ll go easy on you since you’re a girl,” he said. Oh no he didn’t just say that! I’d been planning on going easy on him, but not anymore. I dropped the ball at my feet and started running toward his goal with the ball inches in front of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I picked up the ball. I looked at Nick as he bent over and rested with his hands on his knees.

“What’s the score?” he asked, a little out of breath. I smirked at him.

“I have…20, you…have 6.” I said with pauses in the middle of my sentence, because I was out of breath too. We had been playing two hours straight. I had only wanted to play for an hour, but Nick had wanted to keep going, saying that he could beat me. He didn’t.

“Let’s go inside, before we both have a heat stroke,” I suggested.

“Come on, one more game, or are you afraid that you’re going to lose?” he taunted me. Wow, those magazines my cousin read weren’t lying when they said Nick was really competitive. I sighed; I was competitive too.

“Let’s go,” I said. I threw the ball to him. “You can go first, and don’t worry I’ll go a little easier on you, since you’re a boy,” I said, playfully mocking what he had said earlier.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I was laying on the grass with my eyes closed. I was exhausted. We had been playing for four hours total!

“Score?” Nick questioned, laying next to me on the grass. I opened my eyes.

“37 to 21,” I said.

“You’re pretty good, for a girl,” he said. For a girl?

“Is that a compliment or an insult?” I asked.

“Compliment,” he answered. He got up and held a hand out to me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up.

“What time is it?” he asked. I looked at my watch.

“5:00,” I said. “Do you need me to drive you home now?” I asked.

“I don’t have to be home until 7:00, unless you want me to leave,” he said.

“No, you can stay, it’s nice to have company over,” I said.

“You live here alone?” he asked. I nodded.

“My family lives in Oklahoma, and I always wanted to go a college in LA, so when I graduated high school last year I moved here. My family visits me at Christmas and Thanksgiving, but other than that it’s just me,” I said with a shrug.

“Maybe I can visit you sometimes, so you wont be so lonely,” he said.

“I’m not lonely, but I would like it if you visited me,” I said with a smile. We walked inside and I sat down on the couch.

“So what do you wanna do?” I asked, facing Nick. He looked at me.

“Do you have Guitar Hero?” he asked.

“Yeah, but I’m not very good at it,” I admitted.

“Great, lets play it!” he said with a big smile.

“You just want to beat me at something, don’t you?” I asked.

“No,” He denied, but I knew he was lying. I walked to a door in the hallway and opened it, revealing stairs. I walked down the stairs to the basement. I could hear Nick follow me down the stairs. I turned the small TV on and Nick turned the game on. I grabbed my guitar and Nick grabbed a guitar.

“Which song?” I asked.

“Whichever one you want,” he said. I picked the first song on the list and put it on medium. The chords started coming and me and Nick started playing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Yeah! I won!” Nick cheered.

“Nice job,” I said. I gave Nick a high-five. The TV screen went back to the menu.

“Wanna play again?” Nick asked. We had already played five games, and he had won all of them. It was time for me to win one. I smiled at him.

“Yeah, lets play one more,” I said. I clicked on the only song I was knew by heart. I knew I could beat him at this song. I had practiced it so many times when I first got the game. The chords started coming and I hit every one perfectly. I glanced at Nick for a second and saw that his mouth was hanging open. I smiled and turned my concentration back to the game. When Nick saw that I was winning he held his guitar in front of my face so I couldn’t see the chords while he continued to play. I pushed him away.

“No cheating!” I said with a laugh. We started pushing each other to mess the other one up. In the end I won because I knew the song better. Nick sat down.

“I thought you said you were bad at this game,” he said.

“I am, but I’m good at this song,” I said with a smirk. Suddenly I felt hungry.

“Are you hungry? I am,” I said.

“Yeah,” Nick agreed nodding. Nick turned the game and TV off while I went upstairs to fix dinner. I walked in the kitchen and looked around for something to eat. I had a couple leftover turkey sandwiches or leftover spaghetti and meatballs. I had a lot of leftovers, cause I didn’t like to cook, so I made a lot of food at once and saved it for the next day. Nick walked in the kitchen.

“Which do you want, a Turkey sandwich or spaghetti and meatballs?” I asked Nick.

“Well, I can’t have spaghetti and meatballs so I guess the turkey sandwich,” he said.

“Oh, are you allergic to pasta?” I asked as I took the sandwiches out of the fridge. Nick laughed.

“No, I have diabetes,” he said.

“So, you can’t have sugar?” I asked.

“Yeah and I can’t have starches,” he said sadly.

“Wow, that sucks.” I said. I handed him his sandwich as I took a bite out of mine.

“Want to watch a movie while we eat?” I asked. Nick nodded. I walked in the living room and sat down on the couch.

“Movies are over there, go pick one.” I said to Nick, pointing to a bookshelf filled with movies. Nick walked over to the movies while he ate his sandwich. He looked at them for a few minutes before picking one. He walked over to me and handed me the movie. I looked at it. It was Titanic.

“You want to watch this?” I groaned.

“You don’t like it?” he asked with a frown.

“It’s ok, I guess.” I said. I didn’t like it; it was a sappy, romantic, chick flick, movie. I liked Sci-Fi and action movies. The only reason I had it was because my parents gave it to me as a Christmas present.

“I like it.” he said as he scooted closer to me. I tried to hide my smile. I got up and put the DVD in the DVD player and started the movie. When is sat down Nick moved closer to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


“Jack, Jack!” Rose whispered in a hoarse voice, shaking Jack’s arm. I was so in the movie I was literally on the edge of the couch. Nick put an arm around me. When the movie ended I sat up and stretched. I looked at my watch and panicked.

“Um…Nick what time did you say you had to be home?” I asked.

“7:00,” He said with a shrug, then his eyes got wide. “What time is it?”

“Almost 9:00,” I said. He jumped over the couch and ran through the door. I jumped over the couch to and saw Nick was already in the passengers seat of my car. I got in my car and started it.

“Will your parents mind if you’re a couple hours late?” I asked. I back quickly backed out of the driveway.

“Not if I have a good excuse, but I don’t,” Nick said, crossing his arms. I stepped on the pedal and the speed increased to 80 mph. I pulled my GPS out and tossed it to Nick.

“Type in your address then press the ‘find’ button,” I said. I heard the clicking sound of the GPS as he typed in his address.

“Ok done,” he said.

“Turn left, now.” The mechanical voice said. I swerved to the left..

“Doesn’t give you much notice does it?” Nick said sarcastically.

“No, but it gets you were you’re going,” I said.

“Turn right, now,” The voice said again. I swerved to the right.

“Destination up ahead,” the voice said. I looked at the big, closed, gates in front of me. I saw security on either side of the gate.

“How am I supposed to get in?” I asked. Nick got out of the car and walked up to a small box on the side of the gate with a number pad on it. He pressed a few buttons and the doors opened. Nick ran back to the car and shut the door.

“It changes every month in case fans or paparazzi were spying on us and saw the password we typed in,” Nick explained. I pressed the gas pedal and drove in. As soon as we were in the gates closed behind us.

“Turn right, now,” the mechanical voice said. As I drove through the rich neighborhood I gawked at the huge houses.

“Wow,” I whispered. Nick laughed.

“If you think this is awesome you should see our house,” Nick said.. I kept driving down the street.

“Arriving at destination,” the voice said. I looked up and saw the biggest house I’ve ever seen in my entire life. The house was at the end of a dead-end street.

“Can I live here with you?” I asked. I was dead serious, I would love to live in this house. Nick laughed, thinking I was joking.

“I’m serious,” I said.

“You’ll have to talk to my mom about that,” he said with a laugh, joking. I parked the car in the driveway. Nick got out and walked over to my side and opened my door.

“You showed me your house, now I want to show you my house,” he said. I shrugged.

“Ok,” I got out and shut door. Nick walked beside me as we walked up to the house. He rang the door bell. A small head with brown hair appeared in the window, looking outside to see who it was. The head disappeared and the door opened.

“Mom and dad are mad that you’re late,” The little boy said. I’d read about the Jonas Brothers having a little brother in one of my cousin’s magazines, but I couldn’t remember his name.

Ben? No.

Jesse? No.

Kyle? No.

“Frankie, who’s at the door?” a woman’s voice called from somewhere it the house. That’s it! Frankie!

“Nick and some girl,” Frankie said.

“Her name is Alex,” Nick said to Frankie.

“Are you Nick’s new girlfriend?” Frankie asked. I laughed. I looked over at Nick and saw that he was blushing.

“No, she’s just a friend,” Nick said.

“She’s pretty,” Frankie said. Now it my turn to blush. No boy had ever said that to me, except my dad, but he didn’t count.

“Thanks,” I said. Nick walked in and turned around to look at me.

“Want to come in?” Nick asked. I nodded. I walked in and Nick closed the door behind me. A woman with black, curly girl walked in the room. Now I know where Nick gets his curly hair from. When she saw me she smiled.

“Hi,” she said. “I’m Denise.” she said introducing herself.

“Hi, I’m Alex,” I said. “Nice to meet you.”

“You too,” she said with a nod. She turned to Nick with a stern look on her face.

“Why are you home late?” she asked with her hands on her hips.

“My car broke down at Wal-Mart and I had to have it towed to the mechanics and Alex offered me a ride to the mechanics, then we went to McDonalds for lunch, then we went to her house and hung out and I lost track of time,” Nick explained, talking really fast like a girl. Suddenly a boy with straight, black hair walked down the stairs.

“Who’s at the do-Wow.” he said when he saw me. He walked up to me with a smile on his face.

“Are you Nick’s new girlfriend?” He asked. Why was everyone asking me this?

“No, I’m just his friend,” I said.

“Well, hello then, I’m Joe,” he said. He extended his hand for me to shake it. I took his hand to shake it but once he had my hand he didn’t let go. So we stood there staring at each other.

“Joe you can let go of her hand now,” Nick said. I think he was getting a little jealous. Joe and I pulled our hands away, blushing.

“Well, I should be going home now-” I started, but a boy with dark brown, curly hair like Nicks walked down the stairs interrupting me. He saw me and walked up to me.

“Are you Nicks new girlfriend?” he asked.

I groaned.

“Why does everyone keep asking me that?!” I exclaimed.

“So you’re not Nicks girlfriend?” he asked.

“No, Nick and I are just friends,” I repeated for the 3rd time today.

“Oh, that’s too bad, you two would look cute together,” he said.

“No they wouldn’t,” Joe and Frankie said at the same time, glaring at Kevin.

“Ok,” Kevin said slowly, looking at them strangely. “Well, anyways I’m Kevin.” He stuck out his hand. I reached out and shook it, and unlike Joe he didn’t hold on to my hand.

“It was nice meeting you all, but I have too get home,” I said. I started walking to the door when Frankie ran in front of me, blocking the entrance.

“Don’t go,” he said.

“I have too, but maybe I can visit you sometime,” I said. Frankie smiled.

“Ok.” he agreed.

“Wait here,” Joe said to me as he ran into the kitchen. He came back a couple seconds later with a piece of paper and a pencil. He handed it to me.

“Write down your number and we’ll call you,” he said with a huge smile. It was impossible not to smile back. I took the paper and pen and wrote down my number, then handed it back to Joe.

“See ya later,” I said to all of them. I walked out of the house and got in my pickup truck. I just sat there for a minute just thinking. Was I crazy or did three Jonas boys have a crush on me?
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter two. Comment if you want to.