Status: In progress :)

The Noble House of Black

Bellatrix

Bellatrix rolled her eyes at the first years running around to find compartments. They were so annoying. Really, they were quite dodgy. Almost like she could crush them...

“Move!” The whole crowd of students went silent, stared at her, then parted easily. Bellatrix made her way t a private compartment holding the Carrows, Dolohov, Yaxley, and Crouch. Crouch was only a third year, but he still made for a good servant. He just is all to eager to prove himself.

As Bellatrix got into her compartment, she caught a glimpse of Narcissa across from them, staring a bit sadly at back at her. She shook her head slightly enough for her friends not to notice, but enough so that Narcissa only stared at her a second longer before turning back to the people in her compartment.

Of course Narcissa wanted to sit with Bellatrix. But school was different then at home. At school, there were reputations to be upheld, hazards to avoid. They couldn’t be the sisters they were at home. Not here. Narcissa is too young to understand, she though. She’ll grow up and realize that the Dark Lord needs followers who aren’t attached to family and friends. She will learn that in order to be a Death Eater she can’t want to talk to me everyday. I’ll make her learn.

“Bellatrix,” Yaxley nodded curtly.

“Yaxley.”

“So,” Dolohov said, “You decided to do anther year at Hogwarts instead of join Him. Why?”

“Figured it was worth the filth and scum to get as much education as possible. The Dark Lord needs brilliance like myself to set the example.”

“And you think you fit the mold?” scoffed Amycus.

“Silencio.” A flick of her wand and Amycus was quiet. Deciding to lie, no matter how obvious it was that it was untrue, she said, "I'm at the top of every class, obviously."

"And how many classes are you taking?" Alecto asked.

"That's none of your business, Alecto."

"Fine, I see how it is." Bellatrix chuckled slightly at her friend, avoiding as much as she could looking through the window and at her sister.. Still, it was impossible to ignore the nagging feeling that kept itching at her not to care. "What are you all taking this year?" Bellatrix asked.

"Well, I'm taking Transfiguration, Astronomy, Defense, and hopefully Potions." Said Alecto.

"Didn't you nearly fail the Potions O.W.L.?" asked Yaxley, smirking at Alecto.

"She got an A," Amycus replied once the Silencing charm had been taken off of him.

"I did not!"

"I saw the results. You nearly didn't get that either, according to someone who was watching the test-"

"Crouch!" screeched Alecto. Crouch shrugged down in the corner, smirking.

"I only wanted to see if you really would fail your practical."

"It was only the practical I did bad on. I would have done better if I hadn't gotten that old hag. What's her name again? Baggins? No, Balinda?"

"Hush," Bellatrix hissed. Her head was starting to hurt and all this arguing over stupid things was getting annoying.

"You are absolutely no fun," said Dolohov.

"Who needs fun?"

"You're still in school. Just because we're seventh years now doesn't mean we have to all have sticks up our arses."

"I told you to be quiet. This is all very stupid," Bellatrix snapped.

"Well! What did you expect? Why are you being so snarky Bella?”

“I’m preparing myself to join the best of the best and that means I have to grow up. If you five are hoping at all to follow with me, I would expect you to mature a bit, too. Is that understandable?”

“Sorry Miss Black,” said Amycus, rolling his eyes. “Didn’t mean to offend you.”

“Don’t you understand! Jokes will not be taken so well when the Dark Lord is present!”

“Don’t think He enjoys a laugh?” said Dolohov with a smirk.

“No! Of course he does. But his sense of humor- it’s cruel. Maybe evil in the eyes of some. But not me. Oh no! Not me. I understand the Dark Lord.”

“Oh no guys, prepare for a musical number by the one and only Bella Black!” said Alecto.

“Quiet I said! Learn respect. You’ll be dead in a week, just you watch.”

“Isn’t this conversation a little shifty to have on the Hogwarts Express?” asked Crouch, wringing his hands nervously.

“Full of mudbloods and blood-traitors? I doubt it,” said Yaxley.

“What are they going to do,” asked Bellatrix, “try and stop us from being Death Eaters? Let us see them try.”

“Still, the boy may have something going. Maybe we should-”

“No! Exactly opposite. We should plot and plan. We need to prepare. I’ve been saying it this whole ride, we need to get ready for the Dark Lord. Think of a cover we could take on so no one suspects us. Plan to have a fake career option. Our silence is important but our cover is more so.”

“Um?” Alecto giggled a bit. “I suppose taking over the world with flying monkeys is not an acceptable career choice?” At the look Bellatrix gave her, she added, “Only kidding Bella. Relax. You’re not the only one set to be a Death Eater. We all have done research, we’re all taking D.A.D.A. so that we can learn how to find the weaknesses in our opponents. We’re taking this just as seriously as you are.”

“Prove it.”

“Well, I’ve told Slughorn I want to be a shop owner in Nocturn Ally. I told him I wanted to open up a new potions shop. Amycus has said he wants to work with me. Dolohov is working to be Auror and Yaxley has been putting in for a job at Borgin and Burk’s.” Crouch coughed. “Oh, and Crouch here is selling homework for profit. Basically our cover is to look like we’re working to be in business. And this kid’s a natural in the homework business.”

“My secret is to steal Megan Jaques’ homework!” Crouch said, a smile shining brightly on his face, glad for the praise.

“I just wonder if it will be enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
There we go, to my beloved cowriters! First chapter is UP!