Status: Fin.

Adopted Imprint

Part 19

"Too red. Too pink. Too many hearts. Too small. Too big. UGH!! This is hopeless!!" I sigh flopping down on my closet floor.

"You're as picky as Alice, I hope you know that." Mom grunted from my bathroom.

"It's Valentine's Day for crying out loud, I want to look cute. ALI!!! HELP!!" I yelled. Yes, today is Valentine's Day and I'm actually going to have someone for the first time to celebrate with.

"Wear this skirt, these shoes, this top and these." Alice said walking in and picking my outfit out in two seconds.

"God, how do you do that?" I ask shaking my head as she walks out so I can get dressed. "So...what are you all doing for V-day?"

"Dad and I are gonna hunt for a while then go to Paris for the night." As I zipped my skirt up I walked to the doorway with my mouth open.

"You're going to Paris? Without me? Seriously?" I asked kinda upset. Everyone knows I have been obsessed with Paris and have been wanting to go since I was ten. "Are you kidding me?"

"It was your dad's idea...wait he said he talked to you..." We looked at each other for a second.

"He is such a liar." Alice sighed from the side of the tub.

"DAD!"

"EMMETT!!! WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!?" Mom yelled as we walked out of my room looking for him. I still had my pajama top on along with my mix matched knee high toe socks.

"Living room!" His voice boomed. I was the first to enter and instantly glared at him as mom stood next to me. "God you two look alike." he innocently said. He clearly knew he was in for it but before I spoke I looked at the glass wall in front of us and smirked. We did look alike. Arms crossed, scowl, hip popped to the side and one leg kinda outward.

"I can't believe you guys are going to Paris without me..."

"You lied about talking to her..."

"You know I've been obsessed with Paris for years..."

"You said she was alright with it..."

"I've been wanting to go to Paris for YEARS..." My arms flailed out in front of me in aggrivation as mom and I both yelled at him. He stood in the middle of the room looking back and forth between the two of us, I vaguely sensed the rest of the family watching us.

"WHY!?" we both yelled at the same time. He's had both of us go off on him before but at different times, he's never had both of us going off at the same time. He was beyond scared.

"I...I-uh...well you see...I-uh...I gotta go." he said before disappearing through the back door in the kitchen.

"UGH!! COWARD!" Mom yelled. I turned and stormed back up to my room to finish getting ready.

"Can't believe him..."I mumbled as a few other words joined the mixed grumbling. I walked into my room and tore my top off and replaced it with the one Alice picked out.

"Sami?" mom's voice appeared in my room.

"Closet." I responded. I heard her heels clacking against my bathroom floor as she walked in. "Can you believe him...I swear, if he wasn't my dad I'd never talk to him again." I scoffed sliding the shoes on.

"We don't have to go honey...you've been wanting to go for years and it wouldn't be right." she hesitantly said.

"Are you kidding me? Mom, it's the most romantic city in the world and you get to spend Valentine's Day there. What girl in their right mind would give that up?" I snickered.

"Me...because you are unhappy." I didn't know how to respond at first.

"Mom, I'm not unhappy, a little upset but not unhappy. If a guy was going to take me to Paris for V-day...I wouldn't give that up for anyone. Plus, I know you've been wanting to go for years also and I don't want both us moping around because we didn't get to go...I want you to go and have fun. It's supposed to be cloudy over there so you can go out during the day with means...." I turned quickly to face my shelves and grabbed a small bag from the higher shelf. "You can wear this during the day." I smiled handing it to her. She opened the bag and smiled.

"Honey, are you sure?" she asked.

"Yes, absolutely. It's been in this closet for so long...it deserves a night out." I smiled sliding some bracelets onto my arm.

"But you've been waiting to wear this for when you go. I can't." She pushed the bag back toward me.

"Mom, I may never make it to Paris...someone has to wear it." I pushed it back to her.

"Sam..." I quickly cut her off before she could protest.

"I'm off to work....have fun in Paris and have a fabulous time wearing that." I smiled walking out. I quickly grabbed my bag and headed down to the kitchen. "Are any of you gonna be home when I get home?" I ask grabbing a water and looking at Jasper, Alice, Esme and Edward.

"I'm spend the day with Bella and Renesmee." Edward smirked.

"I will probably be here, but Carlisle and I will be going to Vancouver to go dancing."

"Jasper and I...we're going to be going with Rose and Emmett." Alice announced quietly. The water fell from my hands and almost hit the floor till Edward caught it.

"Well...happy freaking valentine's day to me." I angrily said grabbing purse and headed to my car. I pulled the keys out and got in before speeding out of the garage with a squeal of the tires. "I can't believe this...they’re going to Paris with them and I'm not. This freaking sucks." I growled pressing the gas pedal. As I pulled into the parking lot I sighed. Couples everywhere. Girls carrying flowers, chocolates, balloons, bears, and cards. I couldn't help but smile when I thought about Embry. My smile quickly falls as Travis starts walking over to me. I sigh and put the car in park before climbing out. "Hey Travis." No emotion in my voice at all.

"Hi Samantha. You look...wow, amazing." he says with a flirtatious smile.

"Um-thanks Travis. You look great yourself...” I grab my bag and we start walking toward the building.

"So, Valentine's Day." He says nervously. Dear god if he tries to ask me out, I'm going to go nuts..

"Don't you just love it? Most romantic day of the year." I smile excitedly thinking about Embry.

"Yeah...it is."

"Flowers and hearts and romantic dinners...Speaking of dinners, do you have a Valentine?" I ask with a smile on my face as we walk through the doors. He looks at me and smiles back.

"Um, no. I'm actually thinking about asking someone here but I haven't figured out how yet." he sighs nervously.

"Is it Tamara? I bet it is. Just so you know...she's had a crush on you for a while." I smile touching his arm.

"Tamara? What- No...I was thinking about asking yo-" he says before being interrupted.

"Samantha?" I look toward the voice and smile.

"Hey Sam, Emily...what are you love birds doing up here?" I smile.

"Spending the day up here. Sam's taking me to do everything that I want to do, except dinner. He says it a surprise." Emily smiles wrapping her arm around his arm.

"That is so romantic. Oh, Sam, Emily...this is Travis. He works at Hollister." After a short hi it grows quiet.

"Um...I'd better get going. I'll see you later Samantha. It was nice meeting the two of you." Travis frowns before turning and walking away.

"So, what are you and Embry doing to celebrate?" Emily asks the three of us start to walk slowly toward Victoria's Secret.

"I have no idea." I shrug.

"He hasn't mentioned anything?"

"No."

"Hmm...Probably has something big planned then." Sam smirks.

"Do you know something?" I ask playfully glaring at him.

"Yes, but I swore I wouldn't tell anyone."

"Sam...That’s unfair." I whine shoving his shoulder slightly.

"Sorry Sami...sworn to secrecy." he laughs.

"Yeah...whatever. I'd better get in there. Stop by later on and I'll give you a story discount." I wink at Emily who blushes. "Bye." I smile before walking into the bright pink story that is filled with girls looking at lingerie. I clocked in quickly then pinned my name tag on my top. Since it was Valentine's Day, we have aprons that look like a heart with glittery hearts on it. It was totally chaotic for about three hours as girl after girl came in. When it was time for my lunch break, I grabbed my purse and walked to the food court where I got some Chinese food. I sat with a few other girls that work in the store and we talk about what plans we have for today. I started to tell them about my plans, loud music blasted through the food court. We looked around trying to figure out what was going on then as words started playing; one of the girls looked at me and started singing along. 'When I met you girl my heart went knock knock, Now them butterflies in my stomach won't stop stop, And even though it's a struggle love is all we got, And we gon' keep keep climbing to the mountain top,' Several other people started singing along and pointing to me. It's a flash mob. 'Shawty right there, She's got everything I need, And I'mma tell her one time, Give you everything you need down to my last dime, She makes me happy, I know where I'll be, Right by your side, 'Cause she is the one, And girl you're my one love, my one heart, My one life for sure, Let me tell you one time, (Girl, I love, girl I love you), I'mma tell you one time, (Girl, I love, girl I love you)...' As the song changed the doors of the food court that led outside opened making me look toward them. As I gazed at them, my heart stopped and I gasped. Embry walked in followed by the rest of the guys. Paul was carrying a camcorder which made my face turn red. As I looked at Embry I noticed he was carrying a dozen daisies...my favorite flowers. As the next song started to play he walked toward me and started to sing along with it loudly. By the time that song ended he was standing in front of me with the daisies in front of him. He handed me the flowers and smiled as I smelled them. They were neon colored, blue, pink, purple, yellow and green...they were beautiful.

"Do you like the flowers?" he asked. I looked up at him and smiled

"They're beautiful. Not that I'm not happy to see you, but what are you doing here?"

"Skipping school and surprising the most amazing girl." he smiled.

"How did you do all this?" I ask looking around. Everyone has gone back to what they were doing.

"I've got connections." He smiled. "So I have a question."

"What's that?" I asked holding the daisies closer to my chest.

"Will you give me the pleasure in being your Valentine?" he asked. I looked up into his eyes and smiled. "So...what do you say?" he asked with pleading eyes. I looked around quickly before jumping into his arms and crashing my lips against his. He wrapped his arms around my waist and lifted me off the ground as I moved the flowers out of the way so they wouldn't get crushed. The room broke out into cheers as our kiss continued. He spun me around twice before putting me back on my feet. He pulled away to peck my lips a few times and smiled at me as his hand gently rubbed across my face. When he looked at me he gave me a confused look. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm...Ju-just so happy. This is the best day ever." I laughed wiping my face softly so I wouldn't smear my makeup.

"It's just the beginning." he smiled. "Be ready by seven." Embry smiled placing his hand on my cheek.

"Why?"

"I'm taking you out to dinner." I couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face.

"Anything specific that I should wear?"

"Clothes." he joked. I smacked his shoulder and laughed.

"Hahaha smart-ass."

"Just wear whatever you feel like...I'll be there at seven to pick you up. Do you think they will let you leave?" he asked.

"Well mom, dad, Jasper and Alice are going to Paris, Edward is taking Bella somewhere and Carlisle and Esme are going to Vancouver for dancing. I'll be alone from six till tomorrow morning."

"They're leaving you alone?"

"I guess...so seven?"

"Yep, not a minute later." he smiled

"I'll be ready." I smiled back.

"Good." he whispered before placing his lips on mine. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him toward me deepening the kiss. "Bye." he sighed pulling away and followed the guys. I watched as his back exited the glass doors and disappeared. I stood at the table and looked at the flowers before squealing. I quickly grab my purse and throw my trash away before heading back to work. The rest of my day I'm in the best mood possible and it goes by quickly. When the day is over, I grab my daisies and head out to my car where I smile the entire time on the way home. As I pull up to the house Edward, Esme, Alice and Dad were in the garage.

"Hey, how was work?" Alice asks. I walk into the garage grinning from ear to ear.

"Great. Wonderful. Perfect. Splendid." I sigh looking at the flowers.

"Where'd the flowers come from?" Alice asked. I thought back to lunch and giggled looking at the daisies.

"Ahh...Embry." Edward replayed what happened out loud and my smile was nearly reaching around my head.

"That is so romantic." Alice chimed dancing over to me.

"I'll get a vase." Esme smiled disappearing into the house. I smiled carrying the flowers into the house. When mom and Jasper saw me flowers they asked the same thing.

"So, what are you going to wear?" Alice asked.

"No idea...aren't you guys supposed to be leaving for Paris right now?" I asked looking at the clock.

"Yes, we're leaving in a few minutes." Jasper said. Mom and Dad walked in the room with their bags in hand.

"We got to go." Dad yelled from the garage.

"See you later, have fun and take pictures." I smiled giving her a hug. The four of them left quickly leaving Esme, Edward, Bella and I in the kitchen.

"What time is he going to pick you up?" Esme asked.

"Seven o'clock on the dot he says. I have no idea what we are doing and I have no idea what to wear." I sighed. I sat at the counter thinking about Embry for a couple hours, blocking everything out. Bella and Edward left soon after. Apparently, Jake was going to spend a couple hours with Renesmee before they leave for their date.