‹ Prequel: Big Bad Handsome Man
Status: active

Warmness On The Soul.

One.

“Looks like our Prego is finally here!” A familiar voice chimed as I walked into my work.

I smiled at Chelsea, “Sorry I’m late, cravings kicked in really bad and I didn’t expect traffic to pick up so quickly.” I explained waddlingwalking behind the diner counter. “Is Joe mad at me?” I asked setting my bag down.

“Sug, you could be an hour late and I wouldn’t be mad!” Joe’s voice hollered from the back. “How’s the baby doing?”

“Fine I guess I have a doctor’s appointment this Saturday so I’ll finally have some pictures of the baby.” I called back, trying to tie my apron around my stomach. I swear it seemed like it got bigger and bigger with each passing second. It only made me sad to realize Matt was missing this; he was missing the baby growing and my stomach expanding.

“Thinking about the Dad again?”

I looked up at Chelsea, no doubt looking a little shocked. “What?”

She smiles sympathetically, “whenever you think about Matt your smile falters and you just look sad.” She explained, jotting something down in a notebook. “Have you heard from him?” She asked with a sideways glance.

I shook my head sadly, leaning against the counter. “No, not from any of them. I’ve even tried to find Val or Gena but so far every hair salon says they’ve never heard of them. I just want to know how their all doing. I mean I know they had to have gotten out of the states okay… but I still want to hear their voices.”

Chelsea knew everything that happened. From the first night to the last moment I saw Matt. Normally I wouldn’t have ever told someone, but I could tell she wouldn’t tell a soul. I had known her for a few weeks and she had already helped me out so much. I owed her and Joe so much, they had taken me in until I found a good apartment, and even paid half of the down payment.

“Well, just keep thinking positive and before you know it something good will happen.” She smiled patting my shoulder. “Now since it’s kind of dead today, just take it easy. We don’t want you or the baby getting sick!”

**Matt’s POV**

“Syn, tell me you’ve heard something from the Berry’s! I want to go home…” I pinched the bridge of my nose, resisting the urge to break something.

“We’re trying Matt; all of our phones are fucking up.” Brian grunted. “Calm down, we’ll get to go home soon we just need the okay from the guys.”

“I want to leave now; something feels wrong I need to get to Kara.”

“Matt calm down, we told the Berry’s to watch her and make sure she’s alright. If anything bad happened we would’ve found out by now.”

I shook my head, running my hand over my head slowly. I was tired of not being able to get ahold of the Berry’s; we had been trying for days and so far we hadn’t gotten ahold of them. Ever since I left Kara I felt uneasy, and recently it felt like something important was happening and I needed to get to her. I wanted to call her, I wanted to email her, but if it wasn’t safe for us I could ruin everything.

“Listen, go take a walk or go into town or something, we’ll keep trying. You haven’t been out of the house for days Matt, it’s not healthy. Think of what Kara would want.” Jimmy suggested.

I sighed, standing up slowly. “Fine, if you manage to get ahold of them come get me right now. The sooner we can go home the better. Everyone’s happy attitude here is starting to get me sick.”

“I agree.” Zacky muttered.

I chuckled lightly as I walked outside, grimacing when I found it raining yet again. We had a safe house arranged in a small city in Germany. It was on the outskirts of town, and not many people drove by. It was nice for the first few days, but after a few weeks the guys and I felt like we were about to go crazy.

Everyone in town is always so upbeat and happy, and after a while it’s like you’re having rainbows forced down your throats. It might’ve been better if Kara had come with us, but she needed to stay in the states. I had barely taken a few steps into the yard when I heard a door fly open behind me.

Turning around I found Zacky staring at me with wide eyes, “MATT get the fuck in here now! You are not going to believe what’s going on with Kara!”

**Kara’s POV**

Work hadn’t stayed dead at all, I got to sit for maybe ten minutes and then all of a sudden a rush of people came into the place. College football players that ordered every single thing off the menu, than ordered five more orders of the same thing. I was constantly moving, Chelsea had tried to help out, but we were swamped constantly. And having to go pee every few minutes was not making the day any easier.

If matt had been here he would’ve probably yelled at everyone to stop eating so I could rest. As much as I wanted to take a break, I also needed the money to get things for the baby. I was saving money to get a bigger place, in a safer neighborhood, and I was saving money for things the baby would need. Chelsea and Joe offered to help out, but I didn’t want to take any more of their money. It made me feel bad.

Things had died down after lunch time, and now I was wiping off the tables. I hated touching old food bits on the table, but I wasn’t in the mood to be picky over jobs. I needed money, so I probably would’ve cleaned up after real pigs just to get a few bucks.

However when I heard the bell ding when the door opened I resisted the urge to groan. I had been hoping to get off my feet for a few moments.

“Just take a seat wherever, I’ll be there in a sec.” Standing up straight I turned to greet the customers.

Yet when I saw who it was my smile dropped from my face. “Jason? Matt?”

Both Berry’s had their eyes fixed on my face for a few seconds, and then they snapped down to my stomach. On reaction I tried to cover the bump with my hands. I was completely frozen.

“We’ve got to go.” Before I could blink they had bolted out of the door.

I didn’t even think as I bolted after them, ignoring Joe who was yelling my name. I needed to explain to them what they had just seen. If they went and managed to tell Matt what would he think? What was he going to do? For all I knew they could’ve thought it was someone else’s baby.

“JASON! MATT STOP!”

If I hadn’t been pregnant it might’ve been easier for me to catch up to them. But before I could they jumped into a familiar black car and sped away. I stood still, watching the black car grow smaller and smaller. Every ounce of me was screaming to keep going after them somehow.

“Kara!”

I managed to unfreeze myself, turning to see Chelsea running up behind me. “Huh.”

“What on Earth was that about? Are you okay? Is something wrong with the baby?” She huffed out.

I shook my head, “those guys… they know Matt… they left and didn’t let me explain things.”

“Those two?”

I nodded. “If they tell Matt… what’re they going to say? For all I know they could be thinking it’s someone else’s baby. Then I’ll never get to tell Matt or be with him again…” My eyes began to burn.

Chelsea sighed and wrapped her arms around me. “Kara, it’ll be okay. Don’t worry about it alright, they were probably just shocked… now come back inside and take a break. Order some food you and the little kiddo need to eat.”

As Chelsea guided me back into the diner I couldn’t help but hope that she was right.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know,
but I've been really struggling with the first chapter

kara's outfit
:3