Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

ten;

Dakota felt a tickle on her ear when she gained consciousness after a good night sleep. She moved her head to make it stop, but it simply would not stop. She opened her eyes, only to hear the sound of blowing. She turned her head, only to see Rian blowing in her ear.
“Oh, are you awake?” he grinned, a playful look on his face.
“Yes. Weird really, how one wakes up when the person lying next to is blowing in your ear.”
“Weird,” he agreed, still grinning like an idiot. “Did you sleep well?” he asked, and Dakota started thinking about it. She had slept, yes, but she had woken up several times, because Rian had moved a lot in his sleep, but he had not been clingy. Yes, there had been spooning during the night, but his hand had stayed loosely around her waist all night, giving her the space to move whenever she wanted.
“Yes, I slept excellently, actually. You are very comfortable to sleep next to,” she replied, and grinned. “What time is it?”
“Oh, it’s only 10, but we need to get ready for the drive to our next stop. The driver insists on us leaving at 11, and you’ve seen the sign on our bathroom door.” He grinned like crazy, and Dakota sighed, as she thought he was such a guy. “Comfortable to sleep with, you say?”
“Yes, I was actually able to move around,” Dakota said, and sat up, but Rian pulled her back down. She was now lying in his arms, his one arm holding her tight, the other hand playing with a strand of her hair.
“Let’s just stay right here,” he said. “It’s nice!” Dakota nodded in agreement, and yawned. He moved his hand and grabbed hers, intertwining their fingers. Dakota found herself wondering what was going on. They had kissed last night, and now… They were cuddling! She did not know what to think. Did he do this with many of their fans, or was she a special case? Suddenly they heard voices coming from the lounge, and Dakota sat back up in the bunk.
“The drunken have awakened,” Rian said, and sat up next to her and grinned. He completely caught her off guard when he grabbed hold of the back of her neck, and pulled her into a passionate kiss, before he jumped out of bed. She heard him greet the others, but Dakota could not move. What was this?

Dakota decided to join the others, and she quickly started laughing at Alex.
“What is it?” he asked, looking extremely hung over.
“Your hair looks insane,” Dakota stated, and Alex’s hand flew up to his head. It was seriously all over the place, and he had a giant antenna at the top of his head.
“No, it’s not that bad, is it?” he asked the other guys, and Jack nodded enthusiastically.
“Your head is no better, Jack,” Kaylee said. She looked tired after a hard night of drinking. Jack simply grinned, and did nothing to fix his hair.
“I’m sexy like that, D,” he said, and closed his eyes, clearly tired from the night before.
“Hey guys, take a dump somewhere else, and we’ll get moving.” The driver had popped his head in, and was out again before anyone had the chance to reply. Everyone stood up to take a trip outside, but Dakota and Rian were left in the bus. A sudden silence fell over them, and Dakota felt slightly uncomfortable. She did not know whether to look at him or to look away. Rian sighed, before walking over to sit next to her. He placed his hand on her thigh, and smiled at her.
“What’s up?” he asked, but Dakota did not know what to reply. All she did was make an inaudible sound.
“What’s wrong?” he asked, and moved his arm around her waist, and he pulled her closer to him.
“I… Is this something that you do?” she asked, and she regretted it immediately.
“Is what something I do?”
“The flirting? The being affectionate? Kissing?”
“With you, yeah,” he replied, looking puzzled.
“So this is not something you do with other fans?” Dakota felt like a jealous girlfriend, and she hated it.
“No, no!” Rian grabbed her by the shoulders, forcing her to look him in the eye. “No, Dakota. I wouldn’t do that! No. I think you’ve got this all wrong.”
“I’m sorry…” Rian interrupted her.
“No, I need you to understand. I wouldn’t do this with just anyone. Dakota. I like you. You make me laugh, you make my stomach hurt. It’s only been four days, and I already feel like this. This is not something I’d do with just anybody.” Dakota blushed, her hair covering her face. She wanted to find a hole and jump in it, and stay there. Rian pushed her hair aside, and smiled a crooked smile, his teeth barely showing through his lips.
“You’re beautiful!” he said kindly, before pulling her face closer to his. “You are so incredibly beautiful.”
“It has only been four days, Rian. How is this even possible?” Dakota said in a whisper, her breathing growing heavier.
“I have no idea,” he replied, before pulling her close, placing her lips firmly on his.

The kiss was gentle, their lips moving in perfect synchronisation. Rian bit slightly on her bottom lip, causing Dakota to giggle. Rian grabbed hold around her and moved her to sit on his lap, his hand supporting her back. Dakota wrapped her arms around his neck, and held on tight to his t-shirt. Rian’s lips were moving greedily on Dakota’s, and he held her tightly against his body. At least until they heard voices right outside the bus, and Dakota quickly jumped off of Rian’s lap. Rian stood up next to her, as the rest of the guys walked in to the bus. Dakota was completely stiff, and she jumped slightly as Rian placed his hand at the small of her back.
“What’s up, dude? And dudette?” Alex asked, and he barely made it to the couch before the bus started driving.
“Nothing,” they both replied together. Rian was tracing circles on her back. Jack slouched down on the couch, and yawned.
“Dude, I am so tired!” He covered his face with his hand, and he found Kaylee’s hand. “Sleep with me!” he exclaimed loudly and pulled her into his arms, holding her there.
“Jack!” she yelped, but Jack shushed her.
“No, just sleep with me Kaylee!” Kaylee giggled, and lay down comfortably on his chest. Alex and Zack had already fallen comfortably asleep, and it did not take long before Jack was snoring and Kaylee was breathing heavily.
“That was quick,” Rian stated, before grinning. “Care to join me?” he held out his hand for Dakota to take. He led her to his bunk, and sat down. Dakota giggled as she sat down across his lap. She placed her hands at each side of his face, studying his face.
“What are you doing?” he asked, his face looking puzzled.
“Looking at your eyes. I am studying your eyes. They are kind…” Rian was grinning, and Dakota thought he was thinking she was being silly.
“Let me analyse them, Rian!” she exclaimed, before leaning in closer to look at him.
“Like I said, kind eyes. Hazel-coloured. Big. Kind…”
“You already said kind,” Rian interjected.
“They are very kind.” Rian did not let her finish though, because he pulled her face to his, their lips crashing together in an intense kiss. He grabbed hold around her, and laid her down on the bunk. He then carefully placed himself on top of her, their lips still locked together. Rian’s lips were eagerly exploring Dakota’s lips, and she felt his tongue tracing her lips, and she let him have the access. His tongue was exploring her mouth eagerly. He placed one hand on her stomach, and easily let it slip under her top. Goosebumps popped up on her skin from the gentle touch. He was tracing circles around her navel. He pulled away from the kiss to take a breath. He studied her face, and smiled.
“What?” she asked gently, and cocked her head to the side.
“You’re just so…”
“Just so what?”
“Amazing. You are amazing. And beautiful.” Dakota felt the butterflies in her stomach flutter, and she pulled his face down to hers again, their lips crashing together.
♠ ♠ ♠
Romantic, huh? :P