Sequel: A Story To Be Told
Status: Ended

A Week, A Lifetime

nine;

Dakota and Rian went back in to the bus, where the others had started the party long ago.
“Where the hell were you?” Alex yelled, before he hiccupped and fell into Dakota’s arms. She stumbled back a little, before Rian helped her steady herself.
“I was just showing Dakota how to play the drums. Did you know that she sings?” Dakota quickly interjected, and denied the statement.
“No, no, I do not sing!”
“You sing?” Alex asked, his eyes watery from the alcohol.
“No, I don’t.”
“Yes, she does,” Rian interrupted.
“You do! We need to sing together!” Alex yelled, before he dragged Dakota with him to the couch. Kaylee was laughing at something Jack had said. Dakota could not help but notice that Zack was not there.
“Where is Zack?” she asked, as Alex fell down on the couch, dragging her onto his lap. Rian sat down next to them, quickly taking her hand in his. He gave it a gentle squeeze and smiled at her.
“He’s off doing something,” Alex hiccupped.
“He’s probably wanking, isn’t he?” Jack interrupted, and erupted in laughter, Kaylee doing the same thing. Dakota giggled, as Alex was making her jump on his lap.
“You guys really like your penis-jokes,” she stated, and Alex wrapped his arms around her waist, squeezing her hard.
“You really know us, don’t you, D?” he said and laughed.

There was no doubt about it; the guys did love their parties. Alex and Jack ended up falling asleep on top of each other, and Kaylee was lying right next to them. Rian and Dakota had not had a single drink that day, and were sitting right next to each other on the other side of the couch.
“You just do like this,” Dakota said, and twisted her fingers around, and wiggled both her middle fingers, making it look like on finger in the whole. Rian looked baffled, and tried again, only to fail. Her feet were resting on the table, and she laughed at how terrible Rian was with his hands.
“It’s like this,” she said, and placed her hands on Rian’s hands, showing him how it was done. When he finally did it, he squealed of joy.
“And there’s another one. If you put your fingers like this,” she began, as she placed all fingertips together, except the middle finger, which she bent to make the knuckles touch.
“You can move every finger apart, except the ring-fingers,” she said. Rian tried as best as he could to move them, but nothing happened.
“Brilliant!” he exclaimed, and bumped his shoulder to Dakota’s.
“Kind of cool, right. Oh, another thing. Stand up!” She jumped up from her seat, and stood at her place.
“Now, take out your arm out. See our fingers touch now. Now do this.” She spun her arm around quickly, while Rian did the same.
“Now, try to touch my finger again.” They both reached towards each other, but their fingers just would not touch.
“How’s that possible?” he asked, and Dakota grinned. She then threw her arm toward the floor, and Rian did the same.
“Try now,” she said, and this time their fingers touched.
“How…?” he began, but Dakota interrupted him.
“You restraint the muscles in your arm, making it appear shorter. It’s brilliant, right?” Rian nodded in agreement, before he yawned. He took two long strides towards her, and took her hands. He walked over to his bunk, and patted on the mattress.
“Care to sleep with me tonight?” he asked, and Dakota felt her throat tighten up. She sat down on the bunk, and Rian joined her.
“I hope you are not as clingy as Alex was, because he was seriously annoying.”
“I’ll try to not be as clingy,” he laughed, and Dakota grinned, and fell back, her head hitting the pillow.

Dakota was giggling as Rian was telling about fans proposing to them on tour, and signs they were holding up for them to see during shows
“They seriously make banners saying: “Bang me like you bang your drums”? Dakota giggled, and put her hand in front of her mouth to keep from waking everyone up.
“Yeah, they do. And “finger me like you finger your guitar” is also very popular.” Dakota laughed out loud, and in an attempt to stop laughing, a giant snort escaped her lips. Rian laughed out loud, not at all expecting what he had just heard.
“Oh my god, I cannot believe I just did that,” she giggled, her face was red.
“That is… Probably…” he started.
“The stupidest thing you have ever heard?” Dakota interrupted.
“I was gonna say adorable, but whatever you say,” he said, and supported his head on his hand.
“Adorable?”
“Yeah, I think it was kind of cute,” He said, and leaned closer to her face. They were lying incredibly close, and Dakota felt his breath on her face.
“That would be the first time anyone called it cute,” Dakota giggled, and bit her lower lip. There was a confused feeling in her stomach, one she had never felt before. She thought about it, and figured out that this must be what people called butterflies. And they were now fluttering violently in her stomach.
“It was… I mean, it wasn’t a snore; it was more of a cute snort. Those are two completely different things.” Dakota sighed, and stifled a yawn.
“Should we sleep?” he asked, and moved a little closer. It was not much closer, but just a little bit, but it made the butterflies in Dakota’s stomach go wild.
“Maybe,” she replied in a whisper. Rian smiled his brilliant smile, and before Dakota could stop it, she commented on it.
“You have the most gorgeous smile I have ever seen!” Rian blushed, and his smile widened.
“Thank you, Dakota,” he said, before leaning in even closer. Dakota decided at that moment to go the final distance, and their lips met.

Dakota never knew it was possible, but that kiss was the most amazing kiss she had ever experienced. Their lips were moving in perfect pace, sweet, gentle. Rian put her hand behind the back of her neck, pulling her closer, making the kiss even more intense. It was like they melted into one person. Dakota felt like she could not breathe, and she broke the kiss to take a breath, before placing her lips back to his. Rian moved, and lay partially on top of her, his leg in between hers. Dakota let her hand stroke over his head, his very short hair tickling the inside of her hand. Rian pulled out of the kiss, and rested his forehead against hers.
“Wow,” he said in a whisper.
“Wow,” Dakota replied, and took a deep breath. Rian laid down his head next to hers on the pillow, and placed his hand around her waist.
“Sleep tight, Dakota.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:)