Status: Active

What the Hell is Going On?

Jax!

After I talked to Gemma I got in Jax's truck and drove to Gemma's, where everyone else was. I got out and ran in the house, "What happened?" I had tears in my eyes, Gemma hugged me, "He was just leaving the house when there was a drive by. He got shot Alex." I shook my head, "Is he alright?" She nodded, "He was out cold for awhile but now he's awake, do you want to go see him?" I nodded, she walked with me out to the truck and we drove to the hospital. She lead me up to Jax's room and knocked on the door, I heard Jax, "Who is it?" Gemma sighed, "It's me. I brought someone else though." He sighed, "Come in." Gemma walked in and I followed her, Jax's eyes lit up at the sight of me, I had to fight back tears, he opened his arms for me to hug him, I did and tears started falling, "Lexi, why are you crying?" I shrugged, "Do you know who did it?" Jax sighed and nodded, "Mayans." I froze at those words, "Please tell me you aren't serious?" He sighed, "It was Mayans Lexi." I sighed and looked at Jax, "I need to get out of here, not just town but out of state, and far from here." Jax took my hand,"Don't. You don't need to go anywhere. You have all of us to protect you Lexi. Don't worry about it." I pulled my hand away, "Jax, there's a reason you got shot. Marcus wants me and Ava back and he must know I'm staying with you, I can't. I'd be putting you and everyone else in danger, including Abel. Think about your son Jax. I need to leave." He sighed and looked at Gemma, "Can I talk to Lexi, alone?" She nodded and stepped outside the door, I looked at him, "Jax, we aren't going..." I was cut off by him kissing me and I kissed him back, when the door opened and I heard Tara, "Jackson needs his rest. He will be able to leave in about an hour or two." I sighed and went to step away from him when he looked at me, "Be back to get me?" I nodded, "Of course Jax." He looked at Tara, "When I can leave, make sure you call Alex, no one else. Just Alex, I mean it Tara." She sighed and nodded as I walked out the door, I went and got in the truck and looked at Gemma, "You two got something special, don't you?" I sighed, "I really don't know right now." I drove back to Gemma's and we went inside with the boys.

Jax's pov
It was right after Lexi left and Tara was in here talking to me, "You really shouldn't have been making out like nothing happened." I rolled my eyes and mumbled, "Does it really matter Tara? Maybe you should mind your own damn business." She glared at me, "You can leave. I'll go call the whore, I mean Alex." I felt anger surge through me, "Shut the hell up Tara. Lexi isn't a whore and you know that." She shrugged and walked out, soon I seen Lexi walking in the hospital and over to me, hugging me, "Let's go home." I nodded and walked out to the truck with her, letting her drive. On the way home I sighed, thinking about how strongly I felt about Lexi and when she told me that her bastard of a father sold her into prostitution I almost lost it. She's so beautiful and caring, why would someone want to do that to her? I shook my head as we pulled in the drive of the house, I got out and walked in to see that there was dinner cooked already, I looked at Lexi and she smiled, "What?" I shrugged, "You cooked dinner?" She nodded, "I figured it was the least I could do." I hugged her tightly, I felt her flinch, I let go of her, "What's wrong Lex?" She shrugged and looked down, "My back..hurts." I looked at her, "What happened?" She sighed and whispered, "They used to beat me." I was shocked, "Who?" She looked down, "The Mayans. All of them. If they wanted something and they didn't get it or even if they just got angry, I got beat to take their anger out." I hugged her close, being careful and kissed her forehead, "They won't ever touch you again."