Sequel: Family Values
Status: Completed :)

Lead me From the Darkness

Chapter One

September 2nd, 2011
Friday
Coming into Boston, MA
3:00 P.M.

It was exactly how she remembered it. It looked so beautiful from a distance, whether it be night or day the city on the skyline always was exciting to see. To the people who had never lived there or were coming to visit they didn’t know the horrors that lay within. Of course not all of Boston was like that. But growing up in the projects of Charlestown was an eye-opening experience many people didn’t get to have in their lifetime. Donna sat in the front passenger seat looking out the side window down at the Charles River as they crossed over the Tobin Bridge. Her boyfriend Henry Hunt sat next to her driving. Both of them were quiet as they drove along. She didn’t have anything to say to him. She didn’t even want to point out the TD Garden and say like any excited NHL girlfriend should ‘Oh look that’s we’ll you’ll be skating!’ She couldn’t believe she was back here. Finally Henry spoke up and said

“You ok Don?”

“Ya,” she said still feeling the deep pain of the big purple and blue bruise on her neck. “I’m just fine.”

“Good,” he said gruffly. “Make sure you cover that mark up with make-up, I don’t want anyone seeing it, especially my new teammates.”

“I will,” she said obediently.

“Good,” he said again in the same tone as before. “And when we get to the new condo I want you to make sure the moving guys unload the flat screen first, I’m gonna sit down and watch TV.”

“I will,” she said.

“How could I ask for a better girlfriend?” he said in a sly voice, leaning over and lightly stroking her face. She jumped at his touch and wanted to pull away. Every time he raised his hand she almost turned and ran with fear or braced herself for the painful bone crushing blows that would come.

They drove into the North End where their new apartment would be. It was on a narrow street in a quieter spot then being right out on a main road. Something that Donna liked. They pulled up onto the curb with the three moving trucks behind them. She got out and looked around. A small playground was next to the brick building they would be living in. She would like listening to kids playing outside and laughing. She and Henry went inside to the elegant condo. They first walked into a wide open room with spotless wood floors. Over on one side of the room it opened up into a tile-floored kitchen. They moved down the hallway to find a bathroom and two bedrooms.

“Go down and tell them to bring the couch, TV, and its stand up first.” Without hesitation she dashed back down the stairs and outside. She told the moving men where to take the couch and TV up to and then began negotiating where everything else would be placed. Henry would be sitting in front of the TV the rest of the night. Once she had finished getting everything into the house she would have to make dinner. It made her head spin hoping she could get everything done in time so he would be pleased with her.
__________________________________________________
Thanks for reading :) Please comment.