‹ Prequel: Never Meant to Be
Status: Working on it.

Mend Me

Part Four

April 6th, 2011
Wednesday
David’s Condo, Boston, MA
3:50 P.M.

David couldn’t help checking his phone every few minutes for a new text message even though he knew there were none because it was on vibrate. Finally when a text message came through he was watching TV and had left his phone on the kitchen counter. He heard it vibrate and leapt up off the couch and dashed over into the kitchen. He flipped his phone open and saw a message from Allie. It read ‘Hey  just got out of rehearsal. What are you up to?’ He smiled and typed back. ‘Watching TV pretty bored.’ She texted back a minute later. ‘It will be a boring night for me to, I’m just gonna be at the hotel,” David was unsure what to reply. He looked over at the clock and saw it was still only 4:30. Feeling bold he quickly typed. ‘Wanna do something tonight?’ He felt nervous she’d reject him as he waited. Her text came through and read ‘Ya  where should we go?’ Feeling bold again he said ‘How about out to dinner.’ Her next text message read ‘Definitely.’

~

David led Allison into Maggiano’s Little Italy Restaurant. They were shown to their table and sat down.

“I love Italian food,” said Allison looking around the restaurant. “My grandmother emigrated from Italy and she used to cook for my family all the time.”

“I lived in Czech all my life and didn’t even get to taste Italian food until I came here,” said David laughing.

“I was born in Philadelphia and sadly I’ve never been out of the country. I was hoping ballet would help me with that if I made it big. I started when I was five.”

Your life’s been dedicated to it since?” asked David.

“Oh ya, ballets always been my life, last year I auditioned for the Taralyn Ballet Company and I’m so happy I got in, it’s pretty prestigious. But lately I’ve been thinking about going to college and all the stuff I’ve missed because of my dedication to ballet.”

“You’re going to quit?” he asked.

“I don’t know,” she said. “It’s been on my mind, I’ve always wanted to study child care and open up my own daycare business. I love kids.” David smiled that she loved kids as much as he did.

“Hockey’s been my whole life but I absolutely love it, I’d never quit. Since I was three I’ve been out on the ice.” They continued to talk and got to know each other a lot more. They ordered food and the night continued to go on great.

~

David drove her back to the hotel feeling better then he had in months. He felt truly connected to her in every way. When he pulled up to the front he got out and opened her door for her. She smiled at him as she hopped out of his truck and said

“Thanks so much David, I’m so glad we went out.”

“Me too,” he said shutting the passenger door. She turned to him and said

“I’m here for a few more days; maybe we could go out again?”

“Definitely, I’d love that.” He said.

“I’m looking forward to it,” she said sweetly. She quickly leaned up and kissed him on the cheek. He felt a warm sensation spread through his body when she polled away and looked up at him with her big brown eyes.

“I’ll call you tomorrow,” she said. “Goodnight,” David put his hand up to his cheek not believing what had just happened. The spot where her lips had been tingled and he was in a daze.

“Night,” he said softly. She laughed at the stunned expression and then went into the hotel. David leaned against his truck still holding his cheek. He couldn’t believe she was driving him so crazy.