‹ Prequel: Never Meant to Be
Status: Working on it.

Mend Me

Part Five

April 7th, 2011
Thursday
David’s Condo, Boston, MA
11:00 A.M.

When Allison called that morning and they set up another dinner date for Saturday. David didn’t tell her he’d got tickets to her next show that night. They were balcony seats. He didn’t want her to see him there so he could surprise her when she came out of the dressing room. He got dressed back into a nice suit and left his house. When he got to the theater he went up to his seat and was glad to see how far away it was from the stage. She definitely wouldn’t see him. The show started and it went the same as before. A few pairs of dancers met out on the stage. He saw Allison twirl into the arms of a male dancer. He felt a spark of jealousy and reminded himself that it was only a dance. She was truly an angel as she leapt and twirled around the stage, stealing the show from all the other dancers on the stage.

~

When the show was over he stood outside the dressing room door with a large bouquet of flowers. She came out looking down at her cell phone, unaware that he standing there. When he came close to him he said

“Allison,” she looked up and her expression lit up at the sight of him.

“David what are you doing here?” she said happily.

“I couldn’t miss your show,” he said handing her the flowers.

“I’m so happy you came again,” she said throwing her arms around him in a hug. He hugged back and said

“I wouldn’t have missed it for anything.” She leaned away and looked up at him. Then slowly she moved towards him and pressed her lips to his. He was so surprised at first but then began to kiss back. It lasted a few seconds before she pulled away and looked up at him with love in her eyes. She was the one, David knew it. He had never felt this way with any girl before, not even Evangeline. She had mended his broken heart and healed him.
__________________________________________________
Thanks to everyone who read commented :)

Just thought I'd put some light onto what happened with David after Evangeline left him. this also is an entry for this contest. The song I picked to go alone with it is Help me Understand by Trace Adkins.