Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Nine

[ALEX]
“Anna, wait!” I yelled after her, watching her climb into her car. She paused and allowed me to climb into the passenger seat.
“You don’t have to come.” She stated
“I know I don’t have to, I want to.” I told her “Where are we going by the way?”
“I’m going to see my mom. The funerals the day after tomorrow.” She informed me, and we spent the rest of the drive in silence.
We pulled up to a small brick house after driving for about forty five minutes. We climbed out of the car and made our way to the front door.
A woman who looked about sixty greeted us. She was crying, and as soon as she saw Anna, she hugged her and sobbed into her shoulder. She led us inside, and seemed to notice me for the first time.
“Who’s this?” She choked out, handing both of us a mug filled with hot chocolate.
“Mom, this is Alex. My, um, boyfriend.” She replied to her mother, causing me to choke on my drink. I mean, I was okay with it. I really liked her, I was just surprised she said this. I looked at her quizzically, and she sent a silent apology.
“Oh, well it’s nice to meat you Alex, I‘m Grace, Annabelle‘s mother.” She sniffed, then stood up and said “Let me get you guys some food.”
“Boyfriend?” I whispered to Anna as soon as her mother was gone.
“I’m sorry, my mom is weird about being friends with guys. Like, last time I brought just a friend home, she thought I was a slut, and freaked out. I don’t get it, she’s just kind of weird. So I had to say you were my boyfriend so I don’t get another freak out. I’m sorry, you don’t mind pretending, do you?” She rushed out quietly.
“I do mind actually.” I began, seeing the shock on her face. “I mind because I don’t want to just pretend, Anna. I’ve only known you a week, but I already like you and care for you. You are beautiful, and one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. I’m not going to pretend to be your boyfriend, but if you wanted, we could not lie. I could say I’m your boyfriend, and have it be true.”
“I really like you also, it’s just we barely know each other, and--” She started to say, but before she could finish I leaned over and kissed her. She kissed me back.
“Yes.” She said as I pulled away.
“Yes?” I asked, confused.
“Yes, I want you to really be my boyfriend. Fuck the time we’ve known each other. Time is just a number any ways.” She said with a smile, as her mom came back into the room, ending our conversation.
“So, mom, how did he-um--?” Anna said, choking on her words, I noticed her eyes brim with tears again, and I moved my hand to hers to comfort her.
“He was in an accident. He was driving to work, when he was hit by a large truck. His car fell over the hill on the highway. He hit his head, and broke many bones. When the paramedics got there, he was gone.” She told us, tears streaming down her face the whole time. I looked at Anna, she had a single tear running from her eye.
“I’m so sorry. Both of you.” I said honestly, breaking my heart hearing the story.
“Thank you Alex. Well, It is getting late. I have to go arrange the funeral. So it is best you two better be off. Can I expect to see the both of you there?” She said, slinging her purse over her shoulder.
“Yeah, we’ll be there.” I answered, and squeezed Anna’s hand. We walked out the door and stood on the steps. Grace hugged Anna, then she came over and hugged me. She planted a kiss on my cheek and whispered “Be good to her, especially now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not a fan of this chapter...It kind of sucks, what do you guys think? I feel like I got them together to fast? I don't know...Let me know your opinions and such. Comment Comment Comment :)