Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Ten

[ANNA]
I couldn't believe what happened the other day. I was so distraught about Jake, that I kissed Alex. Now we were together I guess? It was confusing.
After we left my moms, Alex drove my car to his house. He let me stay the night, and he comforted me while I was mourning. Today was the funeral.
Alex pulled out a black tux, and tried to make his messy brown hair as neat as possible, with no success. His hair just didn't stay down. I wore a short black dress, ballet flats, and I had my hair tucked neatly into a bun, with only my bangs hanging loose.
I told Alex over and over again he didn't have to come, but he kept telling me he wanted to go. To support me, and to pay his respects. Truthfully, I was glad to have him along. The funeral would be hard enough as it is.
Alex drove us to the funeral home. I sat in the passenger seat of his shiny black car, and leaned my head against the window. Alex didn't pressure me to talk. He understood.
We pulled up to a line of people already standing outside of the home. Alex and I climbed out, and he put his arm around my waist. Leading me inside.
There, in a large room, sat a casket. I approached it slowly, my whole body shaking. I asked Alex to stay behind, I needed to do this alone.
As soon as I saw his face, I lost it. Tears streamed freely down my face. I sank to my knees cried silently. Hating the fact that I would never hear his laugh again, never feel his warm hugs again. He would never bring me to the beach with him.
I opted to wear no makeup, knowing that it was a bad idea.
I don’t know how long I sat there crying, but eventually, a hand was patting my back.
“Anna.” Was all he said.
“I’m ready to leave.” I told him, without looking up at him.
“Leave? You don’t want to stay to bury him?” He asked softly.
“No, I just. I can’t do it. Will you take me home?” I asked him quietly. Looking up at him for the first time. His eyes were slightly bloodshot. He looked as if a few tears had escaped his eyes tonight as well.
He nodded, and helped me stand up. Leading me out to his car.
For a while, we just sat there. Not moving. Just waiting.
“Thank you, for being here.” I said to him, the tears finally starting to cease falling.
“Anna, I care for you so much. I would do anything for you. Being here is the least I could do. I looked at him, my eyes stinging from all the crying.
I leaned over and kissed him, suddenly needing something good to happen. I wrapped my hands around his hair as the kissing became harder. I was going to have sex with him.
“Wait, stop.” He stated, pushing me away. His eyes filled with pain. “As much as I want to, I can’t. Not here, not know.”
I nodded, understanding what he meant. He didn’t want me doing something I would regret when my feelings weren’t so out of whack.
I leaned my head against the window, and fell into a dreamless sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Um...yeah...again, I don't know what to say. If you like it, great :D If you don't constructive criticism? That's always nice :)
Comment and Subscribe pleasse and thank you loves.