Sequel: Bittersweet Goodbyes

Your Just A Daydream Away

Chapter Sixteen

[ALEX]
The beach with Anna would have been perfect if it weren't for the fans, but other than that I was so grateful that I was able to spend the day with her.
After we had grabbed something to eat, we met up with the guys so we could go to the venue to sound check. After, we sat backstage while the other bands killed it on stage, and then it was our turn. We played our set, and just like the first time we met, my eyes kept finding Anna. She was all I could look at for most of the show.
She kept taking pictures, and passing little smiles to me when she caught me looking at her. She was truly the most beautiful girl I've ever met, and I didn't know what I did to deserve her.
The show ended, and we were all pretty tired, so we met some fans, then headed back to the bus to sleep. I kissed Anna goodnight before climbing into my bunk.
Despite how tired I was, I found it hard to actually fall asleep. All I could think about was what Sara had told me when I'd woken up in the hospital.
I couldn't believe I slept with her. Especially with what Anna was going through. I wanted to tell Anna every single second I'm with her, but I can't. I can't hurt her like that. I can't lose her like that.
I didn't deserve her. I'm a lying, cheating scum and I don't deserve someone as kind and beautiful as her.
Overcome with guilt, I climbed out of my bunk quietly. Not turning on any lights so not to wake anybody. We were on our way to Alabama to play a show in Montgomery. It was around one in the morning. I went to the kitchen and pulled out one of the many bottles we keep stocked.
I went to the back lounge and took a sip, the bitter alcohol sliding down my throat smoothly.
What was wrong with me? Drinking was the reason I slept with Sara in the first place. So why was I sitting here, alone, with a bottle of Jager in my hand if alcohol made me do those kinds of things. Despite knowing I shouldn't, I kept taking sips from the bottle, finding it easier and easier to stop feeling guilty with each sip.
I dizzily held the bottle to my mouth, and tilted my head back to take a sip, only to realize it was empty. I clumsily through it on the ground, and tried to remember why I had even started drinking in the first place.
I looked out the window, but had to turn away because the moving shapes were making me dizzy.
I stood up from my spot on the couch, ready to get another bottle, but nearly collapsed. I had to grab hold of the table for support.
Reaching out for anything sturdy to keep from falling, I stumbled my way back to the kitchen. I yanked open the fridge and stared at its contents with blurred vision.
"Alex?" a voice said from behind me, causing me to turn around quickly. The sudden movement making me feel sick.
"Are you okay? Why are you up so late?" Anna asked me, sounding concerned.
"I-um, I-I was thirsty, and I wanted a drink." I answered, trying my hardest not to slur my words, but failing.
"You're drunk." She said, more as a statement than a question.
"I'm sorry." I slurred.
"Okay." She replied, and pulled my arm over her shoulder. I let most of my weight fall on her and she helped me to my bunk.
I climbed in and sloppily attempted to kiss her, but she turned away and closed the curtain on my bunk for me.
I didn't think about it long, because I was passed out as soon as she had gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry, it's been like four hundred years since I updated this.
So yeah. I figured I needed a guilt struck drunk Alex to get back in the swing of things.
I'm not a huge fan of this chapter, but I needed a reason for Anna to be mad at Alex to set the scene for the next chapter.
So let me know what you think :)
Please comment, you're opinions are really important to me :)
and subscribe if you want to:)