Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Shades of Grey

Image
I woke up to my clock radio yet again, signaling that it was Monday, yet again. This time, he was playing blink-182.

I sat up and stretched, only to be interrupted by my sister. She opened the door and peeked in “Oh, you’re awake. Go get ready, I’m making pancakes.” She almost sang with a thousand watt smile plastered to her face.

“Why the hell are you so happy? It’s 6 in the morning, you’re supposed to be throwing a hissy fit over what shade of gray to wear to work.” I cocked an eyebrow suspiciously.

She smiled even brighter and leaned against the doorway and let out a great big sigh. “Al and I are going out later and I don’t have to go to work today.”

I laughed and shook my head. “I really love Donna.” She rolled her eyes and shut the door. I walked over to my window and opened it. I looked across to see Frank still asleep, limbs all over his bed and his mouth slightly opened. Overgrown hair sticking up all over the place -goddammit, he’s gorgeous. I laughed and looked around in my desk for a sheet of paper and a pencil. I scribbled ‘good morning’ on the first line and shaped it into an airplane. I walked back to my window and leaned over, careful not to repeat the arm fiasco.

I flung it out and it sailed through to Frank’s open window and into his face. Why is his window open in Jersey? He scrunched up his nose and his eyes fluttered open. He felt around till he found the plane and looked at it confused. He looked up to see me smiling from my window and rolling his eyes, smiling. He got up and looked for a pen. He wrote something down and flew it back.

What the hell is wrong with you? Go get ready for school.

Love, Frankie.


I laughed and hugged it to my chest, sighing. He rolled his eyes at my little act and leaned out the window. “I love you, too, Frankie!” I looked across at his clock and yelled out “I love you so much that now I have to rush.” He laughed and turned to his bathroom and I followed suit.

I hurried to shower and get ready. I couldn’t wash my hair today because the Frank incident and I couldn’t find the earrings I was looking for. You see what Frank does to me?

I came downstairs to find my sister dressed up in a color of the rainbow for once and plating pancakes as promised. “Good morning, Fluffy.” I smiled innocently and sat down before my plate of pancakes.

She gave me a look and sighed. “I’ll let it slide today.” She said leading me to roll my eyes.

I turned my doorknob to find Frank ready to knock on my door, fist in the air. “Good morning Frank.” I smiled and walked past him, closing the door behind me. I opened my door and Frank slid in next to me. I put gingerly put in my keys and my baby’s engine roared to life.

I started the drive to school and glanced at Frank when we hit a red light. He had been staring at me the entire time. “What the hell are you looking at?” he blinked and smiled.

“Nothing, just miss our drives to school.”

I laughed and raised my eyebrows. “Jesus, Frank, you’ve been saying you miss things like it’s been years since you last saw me. It was only like three months.” I shrugged and the green light came on.

“Yeah, but you’re you. It felt like years since I last saw you.” I smiled and patted his hand without taking my eyes off the road.

“That’s so sweet Frankie.” He chuckled and I smacked his hand.

“Why are you laughing now?” I asked irritated.

“You won’t take your eyes off the road.”

“You know I suck at driving and I kinda don’t wanna die yet.” I said as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

“Yeah, we haven’t joined the 27 club yet.” I nodded point taken as I parked in the school’s lot.
----
I walked to lunch after math. I was still groggy after having fallen asleep during today’s lesson in trigonometry. Don’t look at me like that; it’s not really all that necessary to pay attention to get straight A’s. I really do wonder how it is that people fail. Cookie, Frank and I just hang out in the back of class and always kick-ass.

Whatever.

I sat down at our table next to Cookie and was followed by Frank just a bit and a half later. “Heeey.” I said, swallowing my mouthful of apple.

Cookie glanced at me and looked just about ready to jump him.

“Hey Cooks.” Frank said nervously.

She sighed and smiled “Hey, Frankie.” His almost green eyes lit up and he let out an apparently held in breath.
♠ ♠ ♠
Where I come from isn't all that great
My automobile is a piece of crap
My fashion sense is a little whack
And my friends are just as screwy as me

I didn't go to boarding schools
Preppy girls never looked at me
Why should they, I ain't nobody
Got nothing in my pocket

Beverly Hills... That's where I want to be! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Beverly Hills...
Beverly Hills... Rolling like a celebrity! (gimme, gimme)
Living in Beverly Hills...