Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Spaghetti Is Not Vegan

Image
“Seriously, you guys! Go out, go dancing, go to a sci-fi convention! Just go, we’ll have everything ready for you guys when you get back.” I shoved my sister and Al out the door.

“Fine.” My sister agreed stubbornly. “Chill, babe. They’re not gonna set the house on fire.” Al said, wrapping his arm around her waist. “We’ll see you guys later.”

I watched them walk off from the doorway and closing the door gently. It always slammed when it wasn’t supposed to. I turned to find Frank in front of me.

“Jesus Christ, Frank, didn’t think you’d get here so fast.” I said, walking past him to the kitchen.

“You know what sucks?” he asked, following me. “I dunno.”

“That I can’t scare you.” I sat on the counter and smiled. “Any other person could have someone show up in their house and they’d be scared shitless, but not you.”

“You know I’m not quite normal, Frankie.” I smirked.

“I know” he leaned up to kiss my nose “That’s only one reason I love you.” I smiled and he kissed me on the lips.

It’d been three days since we’d both coughed it up and it felt so right.

It felt normal and completely different at the same time. Waking up next to each to her took on a whole new meaning.

But you know, we still acted like dumbasses. We still played around and messed with people’s heads.

Apparently, Frank’s mom wasn’t half as surprised as we thought she’d be. Quote, unquote “I saw it coming ages ago, kiddo”.

“And I love you, Frankie.” He grinned and I hopped off the counter. “But now, we have to set up one hell of a dinner for Al and Fluffy.” He groaned beside me and I smacked his shoulder.

“That hurts, babe.” I laughed and said “I’m sowwy Fwankie” I said in a cutesy voice “But I don’t give a shit. We have to start dinner.” I went back to my regular voice.

He laughed and hugged me from behind. “Okay, what’re we making?”

“Well, considering Al’s vegan, my idea for making spaghetti just flew out the goddamned window.” I flailed my arms and he laughed. “How is spaghetti not vegan?”

I made a face, almost smiling but furrowing my eyebrows and leaving my mouth slightly open and laughed. “Most people put cheese on their spaghetti, Frank. Cheese is made from milk, which is not vegan.” I explained, watching as his face turned red from embarrassment.

“Don’t blush, babe. It’s cute when you’re confused.” I giggled.

“Easy for you to say, you never blush.” He pointed out.

I nodded, point taken. “Okay, but whatever. Let’s go ask your mom what we can cook up.”

“Okayz.” He reached over and grabbed my hand. I giggled as he proceeded to open the door for me. “Why thank you, kind sir.” I said in a posh accent.

“You’re welcome, madam.” He bowed, keeping the act up.

We continued to cross over our lawns, swinging our intertwined hands back and forth.“You know, we should have, like, a theme song, when we walk places.” He mused.

I raised an eyebrow “Really, Frankie?”

He glanced at me “Yeah, why not? We could be like “I am the eggman, they are the eggmen” he waved his arms in the air.

“I am the walrus” we sang at the same time “Goo goo g’joob!” With that, his mother opened the door.

“Oh, it’s just you two.” She waved us off and went back to what she was doing.

“I thought there was someone screaming outside. Frank and I scoffed, faking offence.

“Gee, thanks, Mom. Screaming?”Frank said rolling his eyes.

“Yeah, now we’ll just go and give up on being rock stars since you think we’re tone deaf.” I crossed my arms and waved my head.

She laughed “Very funny, you know I love your music, kids.”

We smiled “Now, what are you guys following me around for?” “Well, Frank and I were gonna make dinner for my sister and Al when they came back from their date, but he’s vegan so we need a recipe for vegan pasta.” I grinned and looked up at her from my bangs.

“Ooh, I know just the thing!” She exclaimed and scurried off into another room. She was lot like Frank; they were both very Italian balls of energy.

I felt a pair of lips plant themselves on my neck repeatedly, causing me to giggle. “Frank!”

He didn’t answer, but ignored me. I continued to giggle as he pulled me into him and put his chin on my shoulder.

“Now what would you do if your mother found you like that?” I asked him. I felt him smile against my skin. “Nothing, I haven’t got anything to hide. I love you and I want the world to know.”

“Aww, that’s so sweet Frankie.” I turned around and kissed him.

A flash went off and we jumped apart. “I have been waiting so long for you two to get together!” his mom gushed, holding a Polaroid in her hands. I giggled and looked at a blushing Frank.

“I’m gonna need a copy of that for my room.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I like my title....