Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

The Attention Span Of An Epileptic Squirrel On Meth At A Rave

Image
“Frank, we have to get this done, or Fluffy’ll kill us.” I whined.

“I’m cool with that.” He smirked and tried to lean in again. I tried to shove him off “Okay, fine.” He pouted and held up his index finger. “Just one more kiss?” he stuck his bottom lip out, and put on his gorgeous puppy-dog face,

I sighed playfully, trying to hide my smile. “Fine, if you mu-“

He cut me off, attacking my lips with his. I giggled as I pushed him off and he planted little kisses all over my face.

“Okay, I’m good.” He pulled away from me and tried to hide his smile.

I rolled my eyes and went off into the kitchen. I pulled out the recipe Linda had given me for some fettuccini stuff. I wasn’t gonna doubt an Italian woman’s cooking.

“Frank!” I called out and he popped his head into the kitchen. “Yeah?”

I made a face and pointed towards the cabinets that were high up for me to reach. He laughed and came closer. “What makes you think I can reach?” I stifled a giggling, failing miserably, and kept pointing. He sighed and got up on his tippy toes to reach the pan I’d fail to do so with. He said “Our kids are gonna be fucking midgets.” And I laughed as he passed it to me.

“Okay, see that didn’t kill you.” I said walking past him. He glared at me and read the recipe over my shoulder. “That doesn’t look too hard.”

“Yeah, I’ll need the fettuccine, garlic, mushrooms, mmhmm…” I mumbled to myself before digging it all out of the fridge. I passed it on to Frank, who cut it up according to how the recipe called for.

I put it into a dish and stuck it into the oven.

-----

I set up the dinner table as Frank came around with the food in his hands. I set up the table, complete with a single rose in a vase in the center of the table.

“And… we’re done.” I turned around.

“So, what do you wanna do now?”

He appeared to be in mock contemplation, I dunno if he was serious or not, though.

“Let’s just chill till your sister gets here, then I’ve got a surprise for you.” He smiled and took my hand leading me off to the couch.

So we sat there, cuddling on the couch, talking about whatever random shit came to our heads.

“Hey Frank?”

“Yeah?”

“You know what my sister told me once?” he raised an eyebrow “That you and I had the attention spans of epileptic squirrels on meth at a rave.” I kept my face straight and he did too before we couldn’t hold it in anymore and both burst into laughter.

Like I said; random shit.

“-And I was like don’t touch my thesis!” We turned around confused to find my sister and Al laughing, about thesis jokes. God, they’re such nerds.

“Oh, hey guys.” Al said. “We’ve got it all set up, you don’t have to sugar us up.” Frank said rolling his eyes.

My sister laughed sarcastically and ruffled his hair “You should be a comedian.”

He made a face once she left the room and I laughed.

“Let’s go see a movie.” He said suddenly. “Okay, just let me go change.” I started for the staircase but he caught my wrist.

“Yes, Frank?” I raised an eyebrow. “Do you really have to change?” he cringed.

I gestured to my messy hair, tank top and wonder woman pajama pants “Uh, yeah. I do, Frank.”

He rolled his eyes. “Cheeky bitch.” He mumbled “What’s wrong with how you are now? You always look beautiful, babe.”

He tried to play the cute card and looked at me with his pleading hazel eyes. “Thanks, but there’s no way in hell I’m going out like this.”

“I don’t know about you, but I’m in heaven, not hell.” I smiled “You’re so corny.”

“Ah, but you love it, don’t you?” he narrowed his eyes and pointed at me. “Yes, I do.” I kissed him quickly and turned around before he could stop me, running up the stairs. “But I’m still changing!”

----

I changed into a Misfits t-shirt, a black skirt, a studded belt, and a pleather jacket. I sat on my bed and laced up my worn-out and frayed Converse. I had more, newer pairs, but these were by far my favorite.

I walked into my bathroom and fixed my hair. I still wasn’t quite used to the new colour-err colours. I brushed down my bangs but found them really floppy. I ran my hand through my hair instead; parting it to the right and making it look messy on purpose. I put on some eyeliner, eye shadow, and lipstick. I smacked my lips and grabbed my bag, which was covered in pins and stickers of all my favorite bands. I opened the door to find Frank outside, fist in the air.

“Jesus Christ, woman. What took you so long?” I glanced up at the clock behind him. “I’ve been gone exactly eight minutes, Frank.”

He narrowed his eyes and wiggled head, “Well how do you know that?” I checked the time before, because I knew you’d complain and exaggerate.” I smirked and he laughed.

“I’m just kidding, you look amazing.” He said “But you didn’t have to dress up, you always do.”

I smiled.

If you had told even a week from now, that I would Frank saying this to me, I would’ve laughed in your fucking face. But now, now I would’ve hugged you.
♠ ♠ ♠
I love you all! =]