Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Welcome To The Black Parade

Image
I woke up with some heavy laying on me. I opened my eyes to see the one and only Frank Iero.

“Good morning, Frankie.”

“Good morning to you too, Ms. Saco. So, tell me, what’s the story morning glory?” he said grinning. Only Frank is this happy in the morning and only does Frank also never get hung-over.

“Get off me Frank.” I grumbled from under my pillow.

“No.” I raised my head.

“What the fuck do you mean “No?”

“You have to make me.” He said simply.

“Oh, really now?” I asked amused.

“Yes, really.”

“Ok, you asked for it.” I sat up and shoved Frank.

“Oh, hell, no.” he lunged forward and started tickling me. The stupidest mistake I’ve ever made is letting Frank know that I was ticklish.

“Goddamn, it Frank! It’s too early for this!” I said through hysterical giggles and tears.

My sister opened the door to my bedroom and found Frank sitting on me, hands in mid-air. “Oh, hey Fluffy."He said smiling.

“Hey, Frank.” She said unnerved. She was used to seeing Frank and I like this. He was always over and was practically his big sister, too.

Frank was an only child of divorced parents. I, on the other hand, am Cuban. I lived in Miami, Florida till I was fourteen and moved here. I have my older sister, Reina and a younger sister, Sophia.

My parents were really strict and only moved here for a job offer. They eventually decided to move back, but my sister had landed a job in New York and was going to stay in Jersey, anyway, so I moved in with her. She had been studying at USF and wanted to be the ambassador to Russia one day.

So, yeah, Frank on me wasn’t a very strange sight. She kept on down the hallway and Frank finally let me breathe.

“So how was the party, yesterday?” I asked.

“Eh, it was OK. Why’d you leave so early?”

“Cookie and I got bored. You know we don’t like parties.” I shrugged.

“Ah, so that’s what I was gonna tell you. Guess what?” he looked at me grinning from ear to ear.

“You grew a pair?” I said sarcastically.

“No, I’m officially going out with Laura!” My face fell flat.

“You’re what?!”

“You can at least try to be happy for me, Carol.” I sighed

"Frankie, she’s just going to cheat and hurt you in the end. Why do you ignore everything I tell you?”

“Whatever, let’s not talk about it. Let’s go have breakfast.”

-----

I was walking Frank home. I was at Frank’s house almost as much as I was at mine.

“Mom, we’re home!” Frank yelled out rudely.

“Ok, hey, Carol.” She came over and hugged me.

“Hey, Mrs. Iero.” I grinned.

“Now, how many times do I have to tell you to call me Linda?” she said putting her hands on her hips.

”Sorry, Linda.” I said sheepishly.

“So, mom I’m gonna go change and then we’re gonna go out to the way’s, ‘kay?” Frank said in typcial teenage fashion.

“Sure.” Linda rolled her eyes laughing.

Frank and I had borrowed each other’s stuff all the time, but Frank wanted to wear the jeans I was wearing today. We were almost the same size. He was only 5’4, another thing I loved about him. So, he was going to get his own pair of jeans.

As he squirmed into his jeans, I was busy putting in my lip ring, Frank didn’t give me enough time to finish getting morning.

Frank and I had our lips pierced the same day. I got it on my right and he got it on his left. I was okay with piercings but I wasn’t as much into tattoos as Frank was. He got his first on his eighteenth birthday. It was a jack-o-lantern on his back that I helped pick out and had to hold his hand throughout.

“Are you done fat ass?” I asked watching him try to button his jeans.

“Bitch, these are yours."

“Then take a hint and get your own.” I retorted. He huffed and I walked over to help him.

"Done, let’s go.” He wrapped his arms around my waist and kissed my forehead “What did I ever do to deserve such an amazing friend?”

“Cut the crap, we’re gonna be late for practice.” I shoved him out the door.
-----
I yanked Frank by his shirt to keep him from walking into the Way home. I knocked on the door as Frank glared at me.

I was greeting by Mikey and a very happy Cookie in his arm.

“Hey, guys...” Have I ever mentioned how I loved how awkward Mikey was?

“Oh my fucking god! You guys finally got together!” I squealed.

“Yeah...” he rubbed the back of his head as he and Cookie blushed furiously.

“And you, Rosario Caballero” I announced using Cookie’s full name,“When were you planning on telling me?”

“Chill, they were busy fucking each other’s brains out to remember little old us.” Frank said nudging Mikey.

“Just come in.” Mikey rolled his eyes, annoyed.

Frank, Mikey, Gerard, Ray, and Bob were in a band together, My Chemical Romance. Frankie was a great guitar player and he had taught how to play because I only knew how to play bass and he said it could not be. But now, I always helped the guys with their equipment for practice and when they played a gig.

We went down to basement where we met up with the rest of the guys.

“Gee! I haven’t seen you, in like, forever!” I said as he engulfed me in a hug.

“I saw you Thursday.” his eyebrows furrowed.

“Well, you should’ve seen me Friday, too. I need my daily dose of Gerard.” he rolled his eyes and I hugged Ray and Bob.

Cookie and I sat on the couch as they started playing. As much as I loved the Beatles, they were my favorite band, because they were my best friends.

They finished their set and Cookie and I stood up and clapped. “You were so great Mikey!” Cookie said. “Thanks, babe” he responded, kissing her cheek.

“Well, we’re gonna go shower, who’s first! “I am!” Bob said and ran upstairs before anyone could argue. Frank, Cookie, Mikey, and Ray went upstairs to the kitchen, leaving me with Gee.

“So, how’s it going with the lover boy?”

“He’s going out with Laura Marco.” I said quietly, not meeting his eyes.

“The whore?” he asked a little louder he should've.

“You’re not helping, Gee.”

“I’m sorry.” He apologized pulling me into a hug.

“It’s okay, he’s going to wake up one morning and be like, “Hot damn! What have I been waiting for?!” and come running into your arms and you’ll live happily ever after with twenty children all named Gerard, even your daughters.” We laughed,

“Thanks, Gee.”

“Anytime, sugar. But, seriously, you’ve got to tell him sometime or he’s gonna go too far with that Marco girl.”

“I know, I know.”

“Well, who needs him, let’s go grab a bite?”