Status: Awesome as ***.

Blue Sunflowers

Iris

Image
Eventually, we split and I went home with Frank. I was driving and Frank was singing along to Led Zeppelin’s “Fool in the Rain”. I parked the car at his house and we sat in silence.

Frank was the first to speak up, “So, what’s the plan for tomorrow, chief?” I smirked.

“How ‘bout we just stay in and watch movies?” I suggested.

“As long as we don’t have to watch “The Graduate” again.” he made a face and I socked him in the arm.

“Frankie, respect the classics.”

“Okay, are you staying at mine today?” he laughed.

“Sure, let me go change and tell Fluffy.”

“’kay”

“Fluffy, I’m staying at Frank’s.” I called out once I got in.

“How damn times do I have to tell you to call me by my name?” she asked, exasperated.

“But your name is Fluffy.” I said innocently.

“I give up, I give up.” She threw her arms up in defeat.

I walked up to my room. My room was painted yellow, because it was favorite color, but you would never know. It was covered in band posters from the Beatles to the Misfits. It was a good thing Frank and I had the same taste in music, otherwise we’d have nothing in common.

I had a bunch framed pictures of Frank and the guys scattered over my dresser and a drawing Gerard gave me for my eighteenth birthday. Gerard and I both loved art and often exchanged doodles.

In the corner was my guitar that Frank and I had both signed for when we were famous. Frank and I both had big dreams.

I was going to the University of Melbourne once we graduated for two years to earn a degree in Art and then I was going to assemble an all-girl punk rock band and hit it big- I hope.

I knew I would have to eventually leave everything behind, but I was putting off telling everyone. Frank already knew, but we never spoke of it, to make our time left together lasting.

-----

“Frankie, play a song for me.” I said from my place on Frank’s bed.

“Okay, any suggestions, m’lady?”

“’Iris’, por favor.” I asked laying back.

“I love it when you speak Spanish." he giggled and I threw a book at him. He dodged it and continued. "Ok, here we go.” And he started strumming.

“And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now

And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
Cause sooner or later it's over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know your alive

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am”

“Frankie, that was beautiful. “ I sighed. He laughed and put down his guitars. He came up and sat on me.

"Frank, get off me." I giggled.

"Hmm, let me think about it. No." He stuck out his tongue. I sighed playfully.

"What am I going to do with you, Frankie?" He rolled off of me and hugged me.

"C'mon, you know you love me."

I smiled "Maybe." He let go of me and cheered. I rolled my eyes, laughing. "You dumb ass."

"But I'm your dumbass!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments, comments, comments! =]