Status: Completed!

Rebel Love Song

Last Night as Free Men

I finished packing up the backpack I was taking on the plane and walked out to the living room to flop on the couch. I was flying to Pennsylvania the next day. I would spend a day there and then fly back with Lily, and I was so looking forward to it.

“Not a fan of flying?” Jake asked, seeing my face.

“Not at all. And it’s just boring, you know? I can’t sit still in that confined space for so long.”

“It’s what, a four hour flight?”

“Yeah and I’ll be bored as fuck, and then I get to take an hour drive from the airport to my grandmother’s house cuz its way out in the fucking boonies, and then I get to do it all over again the next day.” I made a face and Jake laughed. “You think this is funny?”

“Better you than me, that’s all I can say.” He chuckled.

“You suck.” I stuck my tongue out at him.

“Isn’t that my line?” It took a minute before it fully sunk in what he was saying. I smacked him in the shoulder. “I surrender, I surrender.”

“Good. Now prepare to die!” I jumped on him and started tickling him. I was completely unticklish. Jake on the other hand was like one giant ticklish area. Even though I’ve only known him for a short amount of time, I’m really comfortable with him. Living with him helps too.

“Sky, stop!” He wheezed, trying to push me off and laughing at the same time. I hung on, my knees sliding on either side of his hips. I didn’t hear the door open over the sound of our laughing.

“Hope we’re not interrupting anything.” Jeremy smirked, leaning against the door. I glanced down at Jake, then at Jeremy before practically hurling myself off Jake’s lap.

“No, continue.” Ashley grinned.

“Is there a reason you guys came in without knocking?” Jake had a slight pink tinge in his cheeks.

“Tonight’s your last night before you become parents. We’re taking you out for one last hurrah at freedom.” Andy explained. “Now come on, we’re gonna get drunk.”

“Can I change first?” I asked.

“Go for it.” Andy said. I stripped out of my grubbies and changed into tight jeans, a low cut tank top, and my favorite pair of high heeled boots. Satisfied with my appearance, I headed outside.

“Sexy.” Ashley said, circling me.

“Yeah, yeah. I heard someone promise me a drink.” I said.

Ten minutes later I was in a bar piled in a booth with the guys and Sammi. The waitress came over to take our drink orders and Ash had to open his big mouth.

“We’re celebrating tonight.” He said, grinning up at the waitress.

“Oh, what’s the occasion?” She actually seemed like she cared about the answer.

“The last night before they become parents.” Ashley pointed at Jake and me. Her eyes went down to my stomach, looking for a baby bump.

“Oh, I’m not pregnant and we’re not dating.” I said quickly.

“We’re the godparents of a three year old and she’s coming to live with us in a couple days.” Jake explained. The waitress nodded, took our orders and hightailed it out of there.

“Way to make it awkward as fuck Ashley.” Jake swatted at Ashley.

“Hey, its true. We’re celebrating the last night before you get saddled down with a kid.” Ashley shrugged.

We’d been there for maybe an hour when one of the bartenders grabbed a microphone and went up on one of the stages.

“Karaoke is now open for anyone who’d like to come up!” She said. I’d had maybe four Jack and Cokes, which is why I grabbed Jake and dragged him up to the stage. Why in God’s name I picked Livin’ On A Prayer, I don’t know. Based on the applause we got, I either had half my boobs showing or we were actually good, which one I couldn’t tell you. I was pretty drunk, enough that I landed in Ashley’s lap when I was trying to get back into the booth we’d claimed.

“Fuck it, I’m not even gonna try moving.” I muttered, getting comfy. Ash tucked his chin on top of my shoulder, hands linked on my stomach.

“You’re stealing Jake’s girl Ash.” Christian snickered.

“I don’t know if its sloppy seconds to take someone’s girl after dry-humping.” Ashley’s breath was tickling my neck.

“In that case.” I slid to the right so I was in Jake’s lap. “There we go.”

“You’re gonna be so hungover tomorrow.” Jake said.

“I’m gonna be drunk on the plane anyway. I hate flying.” I shrugged.

“We should get you home actually.” Andy checked the time on his phone.

“You guys are no fun.” I pouted, crossing my arms over my chest.

“Come on, I’ll buy you a lollipop if you go quietly.” Sammi is drunker than I am and she almost fell off of Jeremy’s lap just talking to me.

“I don’t want a lollipop, unless it’s attached to a guy.” I giggled. All the guys busted up laughing.

“Come on Sky.” Jake poked me in the ribs. “I’m the poor fuck who has to drive you to the airport and you hungover and exhausted isn’t gonna be fun.”

“Fine, but just for you Jakey.” I kissed his cheek and stood up a little unsteadily. He basically held me upright on the way out of the bar by keeping his arm around my waist. The others followed us out to the cars.

“Get some Jake!” Christian yelled after us.

“He wishes!” I yelled back, getting into the passenger seat. Jake helped me into my room, where I promptly started peeling off my clothes.

“What are you doing?” He covered his eyes with one hand.

“I need to take a shower.” I had this thing about showering while I was drunk. I also had this thing about not sleeping alone while I was drunk but I wasn’t gonna mention that yet.

I showered and towel dried my hair until I started getting so tired I just wanted to sleep. I put on sweatpants and a tank top and tiptoed into Jake’s room. He was already asleep as far as I could tell, so I got into his bed as quietly as I could.

I was worried he was a naked sleeper until I peeked under the covers and saw his boxers. Although how often guys sleep in wifebeaters with no pants, I don’t know. I’d just settled in and closed my eyes when he woke up.

“Sky?” His voice was sleep-rough and it turned me on, I’ll admit. Get a hold of yourself Skylar.

“I can’t sleep alone.” I couldn’t explain it. I just had to sleep next to someone if I’d been drinking. Most of the time it had been Jules, until she got married and then it was Sammi or the random guy I’d picked up at the bar or one of my friends that I’d been out with.

“Drunk habit?” He rolled onto his side so he could face me.

“The showering too. I promise not to get too touchy feely.” Although at this point it was kind of a hollow promise. I was already planning how close I could get without freaking him out.

“Go to sleep Sky.” He smiled and rolled onto his back again, closing his eyes. I followed suit and passed out soon after that.