The Numbers

chapter 4

This was starting to become too much for Orla and number 624. It’s one thing to wake up without any recollection of who you are, but to wake up in a strange pod to find out you’ve been mutated is too much. But the body…that seven year olds body was the worst of all. The child never had a chance, To Orla and number 624; this is what would happen to them if they don’t escape.

Matts frantic shouting brought both teens back to reality.
“GET INTO A FUCKING POD OR YOU’LL FUCKIN DIE”
Number 624 didn’t wait for another word. He grabbed Orla’s now pale white wrist and pulled her into the pod with him. Orla pulled the glass door shut and hoped this wouldn’t be her end. Both teens hoped they wouldn’t meet death’s cold hand in a pod with no memories of their lives. Nobody wants to die in a pod.

Matt ran back through the room to find the two teens. Hoping both of them had listened to him and gone into a pod. He didn’t want his mistake to cost them their lives; they’ve already suffered enough from being mutated and caged like animals. Matt placed his hand on the front of his gas mask, checking to see if it was on properly and continued to search every pod. Finally at the body of the dismembered 7year old, Matt found both number 624 and Orla shivering in pod 376.

He didn’t know whether to scream or swear, he looked at both teens with a look of pure horror. Both teens didn’t know why Matt looked so scared. Even with the gas mask they could tell he was as terrified as they were, maybe more. Number 624 just stared at the mask in horror without saying anything. Orla closed her eyes trying…hoping to wake up in any bed, anywhere away from here.

“You two…..you…..ye…..there was gas released….how are you both still alive? That fucking pod door is open!” yelled Mark staring at the small opening in the glass door.
Number 624 opened the pod door and stepped out in front of Matt without saying anything, he merely pointed to the gas mask like a child pointing to something new. Orla slowly stepped out of the pod eyes fixed on the gas mask and number 624’s childlike behavior.
“Why are you wearing that?” whispered Orla keeping her eyes fixed on number 624.
“I…I made a mistake, Gas was released…I thought it was…”

Matt hesitantly removed the gas mask, he was still worried there was actual poisonous gas in the facility but Orla and number 624 were immune to it.
“Look you told us we have to go, so let’s go” and Orla walking past Matt “Come on Timmy, let’s get out of here”
“Timmy?” asked Matt
“Well he looks like a Timmy, and doesn’t have a name, or speak…so I’m going to call him Timmy”

Number 624/Timmy obediently followed, hoping if he did he would live to find the truth. That he could find his memories and go home, if there was one to go home to. Sighing Matt followed both teens hoping his bosses wouldn’t find them. These kids deserve another chance. They deserve their lives back.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really sorry this chapter took ages to write. I'm sorry i'll try to write faster skittles
Thank you for you patience