Status: Oh Hold

Be My Strength

Chapter 1

I was sitting alone at the airport's cafeteria sipping coffee and staring at my cheesecake that I hadn't eat yet. I kept stick the cake and took the fork out of it repeatedly. My mind was full with split thoughts about should I leaving the city or no.

I checked my text and my best friend since elementary school, Liddie, was sending me a couple of texts asked where am I right now and I didn't text her back. I probably would tell her that I was ok after I was already far away from this place. I was sick leaving in this small city with my Dad who just married again with a young woman who just a few years older than me. I couldn't believe he would do that after my Mom passed away half a year ago.

A few minutes later I heard a call from the speakers telling everyone that passenger for a flight to Japan should be ready in the waiting lounge. I grabbed my backpack and took my coffee with me leaving the cheesecake ruined without me eating it, and then I headed to the gate. I was walking slowly when suddenly someone bumped hard at me from behind and made me fall with my headfirst.

"Sorry! I'm sorry!" The guy who crashed at me help to pulled me up. "Sorry I didn't see you." He was stuttering and tried to catch his breath while he kept turn around looking for something

"There he is!" Suddenly a tall muscular guy in a suit shouted from afar. I looked at from where the sound coming and he was pointing at the guy who standing next to me.

"Once again, I'm sorry!" He said to me before running away from the guy who chased him. Not long after that another guy showed up from the crowd and running catching up with the tall guy.

I wasn't the only in the crowd who shocked with that event, but some other passengers were started to talk to their friends about it. I tried to ignore and went to the gate. I did my check-in administration before walked into the waiting room. There were a lot of people already in there waiting for the same flight. I looked around to find a good hiding spot before we were all call to get into the plane. There was a spot at the end of the corner and I quickly headed there before anyone sit on it. I took out a novel from my backpack and started to read.

I was already into my book when there were two guys standing next to me. I slowly looked up and they were the men who chased the guy who bumped into me earlier. I quickly turned my head back to the book.

"He isn't here. Where the hell did he go!?" Yelled the tall one.

"I didn't expect he will tricked us by saying he wanted to go to the toilet," said the shorter one.

"You should've known better!" The tall one shouted at him in anger.

The shorter looked terrified but he kept maintaining his serious business face. I hid my face behind the book and pretended that I wasn't eavesdropping at all yet they talked so loud and probably I wasn't the only one who could listen to them. They were giving me a weird feeling and I just wished that they would go away as soon as possible.

"Boss will me mad at us if he knows we lost that kid from our sight! Our heads will be on the line if he knows about this!" Said the shorter one.

“We better find him before boss knows about this. We better split up, it’ll be easier for us to find him,” said the tall one. “Don’t mess up again!” He warned his partner and he slowly nodded. Both of them walked outside the waiting room. The airport staffs were a little suspicious by the men and he called a security but they passed him easily after he showed them, that probably an ID card.

I got back to my book but my phone kept buzzing inside my pocket. I sighed and pulled it out to see Liddie was calling and sending me texts again.

- Are you really going to leave, Kels? -

I was considering whether should I call her back or send a text, but a text would be so much better since Liddie would never stop talking if I called her. I typed her back.

- Yeah I’m hundred percent sure about this. I’m sick of my family. I’m sick of everything related to home. I really need to get out of this situation for a while, Liddie. -

It only took a few seconds until I got a text back from Liddie.

- But your Dad will be very worried about you Kelsey, and you’re going to be alone in there! -

- Dad never understands me. He even married that bitch without asking me first. Let’s make this one as their lesson. -

- I’m not going to stop you Kels, but I just hope you’ll be alright in there. I mean what if someone kidnaps you and we don’t know about your condition in here? -

- I’ll be just fine, ok? Don’t worry about me. I’m old enough to do whatever I want. -

- Yeah yeah miss-grown-up, your best friend just worried about you ok!? Don’t forget to find a boyfriend while you’re there ;) -

- I’ll get one and ship him to you immediately ;) -

- Ha! Ya right, one David Beckham for me please! Anyway be safe, ok! Luv ya girl! -
I giggled reading her text. “How can you ship a David Beckham?” suddenly someone was talking from behind me and I turned around to see whom it was.

“You!? You’re the one who bumped into me earlier,” I frowned at him.

“I’m sorry about that. I’m really in a hurry,” he answered and yes I could see that still panting trying to catch some air.

“Do they looking for you?” I asked. “I mean, those men in black.”

“Hush, keep your voice down,” he said as he smirking at me made me uncomfortable. “I’m Andy by the way,” he gave me his hand but I didn’t say anything and back to my book. “That’s cold you know.”

“Could you not talk to me? I don’t know who you are, and you surely in a run from those men. Who knows what you did before? Killing someone?” I said and he laughed.

“You think I could capable doing that?”

“Judging by your looks. I said yes!” I answered and he laughed even harder. “I just don’t people think you associate with me, since I want no trouble. Ok?”

“Ok,” he said and he backed to his seat that opposite me but it didn’t last long when he turned around to talked to me again. “Are you sure, you don’t want to give me your name?”

I scoffed at him, “no!” I told him boldly as I opened my backpack looking for my headphone so I didn’t have to listen to him talking.

“So you’re gonna ignored me now?” He chuckled. “We’re going to be in the same plane, maybe we will sit next to each other.”

“I hope not!”

Not long after that there was an announcement telling us that we could enter the plane. I picked up my backpack and got up from my seat but a little kid ran over me making me dropped my book and my ticket. I was about to bend down to picked it up when someone already picked it up. “Kelsey Whitaker, huh?” The guy who annoyed me was the one who picked it up and now he saw my name that was written on my flight ticket.

“Give it back!” I tried to reach it but he pulled it away from me. “Come on man! Don’t fuck around ok!” But he didn’t give my ticket back so I stomped at his foot.

“Damn girl! I’m just messing with you.”

“I don’t like being messing around. Now give it back!” I told him and he finally gave my ticket. “Thanks!” I quickly grabbed it and walked to the flight attendant so I could enter the plane immediately and hopefully not sitting near him.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story after hiatus for a long long time. Please give it a try, I know the first chapter is sucks but it'll be better :) This is the second time I write an action story after The Hiding Hills. Spoiler: car chased in the next chapter. Comment or subscribe? I wanna know what do you think. Thanks and cheers!

PS: Going to see Paramore in two days yay!

--------------------

Note 2016: I changed the place to Japan, since I'm not really familiar with England.