Status: complete <3

Ten things to do before I die

Two

Tom and I had been seeing each other for three months and he still had no idea about my past. I figured I had to tell him since we were getting pretty serious now.

Oli had done as he promised and gave me a job as a Drop Dead model, which was amazing. I had even become really good friends with his girlfriend, Amanda, who was also a model for the company. And then there was the rest of Oli’s band. All of them had sort of adopted me as their ‘little sister’, which was fine by me. I finally felt like I had a real family, now I just had to try my hardest not to let it fall apart.

I was going down to Drop Dead to meet Tom for lunch. The whole drive there I thought about how I was going to tell him, but everything I came up with, well, sucked.

The shop seemed really busy when I pulled up so I was hoping Tom wouldn’t be able to leave at all.

“Ah, there’s my beautiful girlfriend.” Tom said loudly when I walked in.

“Hey babe.” I smiled and kissed him quickly. “You seem pretty swamped. Are you sure you can leave?”

“Of course. We have a few extra people working today. Plus, Oli is here.”

We left the shop and took the two-minute drive to our favorite café. After sitting down and ordering our usual’s we fell into an uncomfortable silence. Well, it was uncomfortable for me, Tom seemed fine.

“Emma, what’s the matter love?”

I sighed. “I really need to tell you something.”

“You’re a man aren’t you?” He said with a serious face.

I laughed and smacked his arm. “It’s impossible to be serious with you Thomas.”

“You used my full name. You’re worrying me now babe.”

“I’m sick Tom. Or, I was sick.”

He looked at me, a confused expression adorned on his perfect face. “What kind of sick?”

“Cancer, sick.”

Tom’s face went pale. I thought he was going to pass out. “W-what?”

“I’m in remission, but there is still a chance it could come back.”

He kept trying to speak, but no words would come out.

“Please say something.” I whispered.

Tom ran a hand through his hair, then down his face. “I don’t know what to say, Em.”

“Are you…mad?”

Tom’s head shot up so fast I thought he would break his neck. “God no, Emma. I would never be angry with you for something like this. It’s not your fault.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “I thought you would be mad that I didn’t tell you sooner.”

Tom pulled me into his side and kissed my cheek. “Don’t be silly. I would never be angry with you for this. It must he hard telling people that.”

I nodded. “A little. I was scared you wouldn’t want to see me anymore.”

Tom put his forehead against my temple and sighed. “Look at me, Em.”

I looked up into his beautiful blue eyes, and couldn’t help but to kiss him quickly.

“Look, you make think I’m crazy for this, but I’ve never fall for someone so fast, and I’m pretty sure that I’m in love with you. Actually, I know I am.”

My mouth moved, but nothing would come out, even though I wanted to.

“You don’t have to say it back I know it’s really fast, but I had to say it.”

I covered Tom’s mouth with my hand. “You’re rambling. And I’m glad you told me because you’re amazing, and I love you too.”

I could feel Tom smile under my hand so I moved it. He pressed his lips to mine so hard I thought he would leave a bruise.

I giggled softly when I pulled away. “I love you.”

“Love hearing that.” Tom mumbled against my lips.

We ate our lunch quickly. Tom asked me questions about my cancer the whole time.

As we were leaving Tom stopped me. “I bet you’re sick of me questions.”

I shook my head. “No, I completely understand. It’s fine.”

“Alright, well I have to get back to the shop, but I’ll see you tonight.”

“Okay.”

“Love you.” Tom whispered into my ear.

I grinned at him before kissing him softly. “I love you too.” I watched Tom walk down the street towards the shop before getting into my car.

After getting back to my apartment I went to lie down for a while. When I walked into my room I grabbed a small black box. Inside were old pictures, letters and notes. I was reading through some of my old notes when I came across my list. The list I had made after my cancer went into remission. Some of the items had been crossed off already. But I still had a few left, like get married, have kids, dive with sharks, learn to surf, and the silliest one, ride an elephant.

The sound of my front door opening made me get off my bed and walk into the living room to investigate. I walked into the living room where Tom was standing, in the process of taking off his shoes.

“Hello beautiful.”

“Hi.” I said as I walked over to kiss him.

Tom cut our kiss short due to a yawn escaping his lips. “It’s been a long day.

“Let’s go take a nap then.”

“That sounds amazing.”

Tom put his hands on my waist and pushed me back towards my room placing small kisses all over my face. We got into my room and I suddenly remembered the mess on my bed.

“Sorry, I forgot about all of this.” I started picking up the pictures and notes.

“What’s this?” Tom picked up my list.

“Nothing. Give me that.”

“It looks like something.” He smirked at me as he held it over his head.

I let out a defeated sigh after trying to get it off him. “I made it after my cancer went into remission.”

Tom sat next to me and examined the list. His eyebrows went up when he read one of the things on the paper.

“What?”

“You want to get married?”

I blushed and tried to get the paper off him again. “Yes.”

“Hm, I could think of a solution to that.”

“Tom.”

“You don’t even know what I’m going to say.”

“But I have a feeling.”

“I love you. So you could, if you wanted to, marry me.”

“Tom.”

“I’m serious.”

“No you’re not.”

“Yes I am.”

“Really?”

“Would I ask if I wasn’t?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know.”

“Well, I wouldn’t. Watch, I’ll ask again. Will you marry me?”

I nodded quickly. “Yes. But are you sure you want to do this?”

“Why wouldn’t I?”

“I’m a cancer patient.”

“Who is in remission.”

“I know but-” Tom covered my mouth.

“Yes or no?”

I mumbled my answer but it was muffled from his hand. “Come again?”

I pulled his hand away quickly. “Yes. Under one condition.”

“Anything.”

“Small wedding.”

“Small? I’m a Skyes love, we don’t do small.”

“Whatever, I want something small. Like at the courthouse small, with a few people.”

“How many is a few?”

I thought about it for a second before answering. “Like, your parents, Oli, Amanda, and I guess we’d have to invite the boys.”

“What about your mum and dad? I know you don’t speak much, but don’t you think they’d want to come to your wedding?”

“No. I wasn’t really close with them you know that, I was closer with my grandparents, and they both died.”

“I know love, I’m sorry.”

I shrugged. “It’s oaky. I haven’t thought about them much lately.”

“Whys that?”

I smiled up at my fiancée. “Because I met you.”
♠ ♠ ♠
told you it will move fast. feedback please.

if i get five subscribers i'll post the next chapter. see, i'm not so bad.