Status: complete <3

Ten things to do before I die

Three

The next few weeks Tom and I planned out wedding, and as promised we kept it small. He had even gotten me a ring, which I said I didn’t need, but he wanted everyone to know that I was taken. Such a man. Tom had also got me to move in with him, which I wasn’t totally against, since we were getting married. When we told everyone, they were, needles to say, shocked, but were happy for us.

Amanda insisted I had to get at least get a dress, so I spent a lot of time for her, shopping. Finally, I found the perfect dress. It wasn’t a traditional dress, but this wasn’t a traditional wedding. It was short, it came up to my knees and was an ivory color, with a black sash under the bust, and it was perfect.

Amanda and Oli made me keep it at their apartment so Tom wouldn’t see it.

The night before the wedding Tom was going to stay at Matt’s

“Do I have to go?” He whined.

I laughed at his child like behavior. “Yes you do.”

He groaned in frustration. “But I can’t sleep with out you.”

I kissed him softly. “You’ll survive one night with out me Tom.”

He shook his head, the child like put still on his face. “I won’t. I’ll die.”

“Don’t die. You’re getting married tomorrow.”

Tom let out another sigh. “Okay. I’ll try to survive till tomorrow.”

“Well after tomorrow you’ll get to have me every night.”

He smirked and gave me a kiss. “Yes I will.”

“You’re such a pig.” I playfully smacked his chest.

“Hey, you’re marrying me.”

“I didn’t say I was complaining.”

Matt’s head poked into our room. “Okay Romeo, Amanda’s gonna give herself a stroke if you’re not outta here soon.”

“I’ll be out in a minute.” Tom responded before falling back onto our bed. “Lay with me.”

“I’m not allowed. You’re supposed to be gone.”

Tom sighed in annoyance and grabbed my wrist, pulling me onto the bed. “Just a few minutes won’t kill you. I’m thinking you want to get rid of me Em.”

I smiled smugly at him. “Of course I am.”

Tom faked annoyance, but held me closer to him. “I love you.”

“I know. I love you too Tom.”

“I guess I have to go.”

“Have fun. Be good. No strippers.”

Tom laughed. “They only bird I want to see strip is you.”

I smacked his chest again before pulling him into another kiss. “I love you. Now get out of here before Amanda kills you.”

Tom kissed me a few more times before he grabbed his bag and left.

I laid back on the bed with a sigh, but not for long. Amanda opened my door holding up to margaritas.

“Get up. Girls night.

We watched movies, ate junk food and drank, a lot. It was around three am before we both fell asleep.

A loud banging from the front door woke me from my peaceful slumber. “I’m coming!”

Oliver was standing there, a smug smile on his face. “Well hello dear sister.”

“I’m not your sister yet.”

He shrugged. “You will be soon. Where’s Amanda?”

I pointed to her sleeping figure on the couch. Oli laughed and leaped onto his girlfriend. “Wake up! You two have to get ready.”

I heard Amanda groan, then smack Oli in the arm. “Get off me you twat!”

“That is no way to speak to your boyfriend.”

“Shut up. Get off me, you’re heavy!”

Oli scoffed. “Well someone is in a bad mood.”

I saw Amanda roll her eyes and get off the couch. “Shouldn’t you be with Tom?”

Oli nodded. “I was on my way down to Matt’s apartment, but I figured I’d make sure you were both awake. God knows you’ll take forever to be ready.”

Amanda and I both scoffed this time. “Says the man who spends an hour on his hair.”

“Whatever. I’ll see you both at the court house. Don’t forget. Noon.”

“Oliver, it’s my wedding. I don’t think I’m going to forget what time it’s at.”

He held his hands up in defense. “Just making sure, love. I’ll see you later.” He kissed Amanda quickly before leaving the apartment and going down to Matt’s, where the rest of the boys were.

“Alright, well let’s get started.” Amanda said with a smile.

We both showered, not together, obviously. And did our own make up and hair. When it was time for me to put my dress on I got nervous.

After it was on Amanda started taking pictures. “You look beautiful.”

“Thanks.” I smiled at myself in the mirror.

“Well let’s get you married.”

We made it to the car with out Tom seeing me. Matt and Oli were outside, probably waiting for Tom and everyone else, so we quickly got into Amanda’s car and left.

Lucky for me, Tom was the first person to see me at the courthouse. I guess it didn’t matter; it was the day of our wedding, but everyone claimed we needed to stay separate until the ceremony.

Needles to say, it was the most nerve-wracking half hour of my life. But it was a good kind of nervousness. It was a ‘holy shit, I’m marrying the most perfect man on the planet soon’ kind of nervous.

Tom’s mother had come to sit with Amanda and I shortly after she arrived with the boys father, Ian.

“You look lovely dear.”

“Thank you Carol.”

“Tom’s a bit nervous.”

I nodded. “Me too.”

“You’ll be fine. I’ve never seen Tom so happy with someone before.”

I wanted to say something back, but I didn’t know what to say. Thankfully, Oli popped in and told us it was time.

Tom and I came in different doors and took our place in front of the judge.

It was a quick ceremony, which was good for me, because I felt like I was going to puke. After we left the courthouse Tom pulled me aside.

“We’re married.”

“We’re married.” I repeated.

Tom pulled me in for a kiss, which Oli snapped a picture of. “I love you so much. And you look absolutely beautiful.”

“I love you too. I never thought I’d see you in a suit.”

Tom laughed. “You probably won’t for a while after this.”

I heard the clicking of a camera, Oliver was taking pictures still. “I thought you were the photographer in the family?”

“Not today. I’m just the bloke that got married.”

“We got married.” I said as I started down at our wedding bands.

“We sure did. Now you’re stuck with me forever.”

“I think I can handle that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
comment. suscribe. let me know if anyone is reading this. i feel like i'm wasting my time.