Status: complete <3

Ten things to do before I die

Nine

Finally it was time, the day I was going to have our baby. Madeline was two weeks late, so my doctors decided to induce me. Tom was by my side the whole time, even when I was yelling at him and telling him I hated him.

I don’t remember much after the baby was born. I blame the medication they gave me. When I finally woke up it was to Tom’s voice.

“God, you’re perfect. You look just like your mummy. You’re going to love her. She’s beautiful, and smart and funny.”

I laughed a little bit making Tom look up at me. “Baby, she’s perfect. I can’t stop looking at her.” He moved so he was sitting next to me on the bed. I took the baby from him and smiled at her.

“Hi baby girl.” I cooed to my daughter.

Tom leaned forward and kissed my forehead. “I love you.”

“I love you too.”

We both stared down at our daughter for a few minutes. A knock on the door caused us both to look away from the small bundle of blankets. Oli’s head popped inside, he had a huge smile on his face.

“Up for some visitors?”

“Of course.” I smiled at him.

Oli walked in with Amanda, Matt, Lee and two surprise visitors, Vegan and Jona.

“When did you two get here?”

“This morning.” Vegan said with a smile.

“We had to come see this little one.” Jona said while he leaned over to look at Madeline.

Tom scooped the baby out of my arms to show her to everyone. “I’d like you to meet Madeline Poppy Sykes.”

Oli stood in front of his brother and stared at his niece in awe.

“Do you want to hold her Oli?” I asked from my bed.

His head snapped in my direction. “I don’t know how. What if I break her?”

Tom laughed. “You won’t break her.”

“Come here Oli.” I sat up and positioned his arms correctly so Tom could put Madeline in his brother’s arms.

“She’s so small.”

“She’s not that small.” I said with a laugh.

Oli’s face scrunched up in disgust when he realized what I was referring to. “Don’t talk about that.”

Everyone laughed. “Sorry Oli.”

“Hi, Madeline, I’m your uncle Oliver. I’m the one who will let you do whatever you want when mummy and daddy aren’t around.”

Tom laughed. “Give me my daughter before you corrupt her and turn her into you.”

Oli laughed and turned away from Tom. “I’m bonding with my niece, go away.”

“Some of us would like to see her too.” Matt said with a smile.

Oli sighed. “Fine, take her away from her favorite person on the planet.”

Tom and I both rolled our eyes. “I think I would be her favorite person on the planet, thank you very much.” Tom said as he took Madeline back from his brother.

All the boys passed Maddy around, each one talked her, introducing themselves mostly, as if she would remember yet, but it was cute nonetheless. After everyone had their turn Tom took Madeline back, much to Oliver’s dismay.

“I want to hold her.” He whined.

“It’s mummy’s turn.” Tom said as he handed her back to me.

“Hi Madeline.” I said softly. She looked up at me and smiled. Lucky for us Tom had his camera out already and got it on film.

“Baby Madeline’s first smile.” He said from behind the camera.

“Are you going to film everything she does?”

Tom nodded “Yes I am.”

I laughed at his excitement. “Well turn it off for now. I look awful.”

Tom came over and kissed me softly. “No you don’t. You look beautiful baby.”

“Awe, Oli, why can’t you be more like your brother?” Amanda asked jokingly.

Oliver rolled his eyes. “You make it sound like I’m a horrible boyfriend.”

TWO WEEKS LATER

We had been home with the baby for a week, things were going well, but my lord that girl was miserable unless someone was holding her.

“Baby girl, relax. It’s three in the morning. It’s time to go to sleep.” Tom whispered to Maddy as he rocked her gently.

I heard Maddy let out a few more whimpers before she dozed back off to sleep. Tom didn’t even put her back in her bassinet; he sat back down on our bed and held her to his chest.

“Baby, get some sleep.” He whispered to me quietly.

I cuddled into his side a little bit and fell back asleep. When I woke up the next morning Tom was still asleep with Maddy on his chest. I lay in bed a few minutes and just watched them. I spotted Tom’s camera on our dresser so I got out of bed slowly and grabbed it. With a big smile on my face I took a couple pictures of Tom and the baby. After hearing the click of the camera a few times Tom’s eyes slowly opened.

“Morning.” I said before kissing him quickly.

“How’d you sleep?”

“Good. How did you sleep with the little one on you all night?”

“Slept like a baby. She didn’t wake up once after you fell asleep.”

I joined Tom on the bed again and ran my finger down Maddy’s cheek. “That’s cause she’s daddy’s little girl. She’s always calm when you have her.”

Looking at my husband and daughter I couldn’t ask for anything more. My life was literally perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh. not really happy with this. i'll be wrapping this up very soon. There are only two chapters left!

Thanks for sticking with this story guys. Comments would be lovely! Twenty subscribers and i'll post the next chapter :D

xx

<3