Status: Re-Writing...

I'm a Walking Travesty

Grateful

“Don't go in there you stupid bitch!"
I was at the edge of my seat on the sofa as i watched the scariest movie I’ve ever seen, in the dark, while a thunderstorm roared outside my apartment complex. The TV suddenly went silent as the main character creeped slowly towards the supposedly dead murderer lying lifelessly on the ground. Just as she was about to touch the body, a sudden light lit up the living room causing me to scream at the top of my lungs.
“Jasey calm the fuck down, it's just me."
I did just that and gave out a sigh of relief now knowing that it was just my roommate of 3 years, Cassadee Pope. Cassadee took off her drenched coat and hung it on the coat rack near the front door before making her way into the kitchen.
"Watching scary movies again I see. I take it you'll be sleeping in my room again."
I blushed and nodded. "This movie is seriously fucking scary. It’s extremely bloody and people were getting chopped up in tiny little pieces."
Cassadee just shook her head and smiled. "You really need to stop watching these types of movies."
I got up from the sofa and walked over to the dining table just as Cassadee sat down.
"So how was your date with Rian?"
Cassadee just giggled. "Absolutely amazing! Jase I seriously think that he could be the guy for me."
I gave my roommate a puzzled look. "You can't be serious Cassie, this was only ya'lls first date."
"Oh but I am. He's just so....gah I don't even know how to describe him exactly."
I slowly got the feeling of wanting to gag. This was just too much to take in. Cassadee noticed this and slapped me on the arm.
"You can be such a bitch sometimes you know that?"
"Well if I would've known that you're date was gonna be mushy as fuck, I wouldn't have asked. It's bad enough that I have to hear about shit like that from Alex when he's over."
Cassadee shook her head and smiled. "He's gay and married to Jack, who spoils the fuck out of him. What do you expect?"
"Point taken."
"Anyway, how was your Friday night? I see you cleaned the kitchen."
I sighed. "It's what I usually do on boring days like today. I cleaned my room, gathered up all the dirty laundry that I’m most likely gonna do after work tomorrow, cleaned the kitchen, bathroom, and living room before finally sitting down in time for the movie. Ugh I hate being nineteen."
"Sounds like you had tons of fun and don’t worry you’ll be twenty before you know it." Cassadee replied sarcastically as she got up from the table. She then made her way over to her room yawning.
"You're going to bed already?" I asked.
"Yep, gonna take a shower first though. If you're gonna sleep in here get your shit together and get comfy!" yelled Cassadee from her room.
On that note, I turned off the television and headed to my own room to grab my pillow and blanket off my nicely made bed. I then headed across the hallway into Cassadee's room and took my usual spot on her queen size bed. I laid there wrapped in my blanket, looking up at the ceiling. I may not show it much but I’m very grateful to have Cassadee as not only a friend but as an older sister figure in my life. I used to have an older brother about 4 years ago. When he was gone, things in my life took a turn for the worse. That was, until I met Cassadee in my sophomore year of high school.
♠ ♠ ♠
I re-did the story so hopefully you guys like it.
Enjoy!