Status: Read 'What I'm looking for...' first, pwease? c:

No Turning Back Now.

The Best Birthday.

The next morning, I really didn’t want to get up. I lay in bed, dreading the moment. At about ten, I decided I’d just get it over and done with and slowly got changed. I took a deep breath before opening the door. I walked down a flight of stairs to the first floor.

Everyone was hanging around in the sitting room, just waiting around for me. When I walked in they all stood up and said happy birthday.

“You’re old now,” George said.

“You’re an old lady,” Fred agreed.

“Oh, shut up,” I said, throwing my arms around them in a hug.

“Happy birthday, dear,” Mrs Weasley said, handing me a parcel.

“You didn’t have to-“ I started, but looked up at her loving face and stopped.

Inside the parcel was a big bag of Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans and a little box. I put down the wrappings and candy on the table, and held the small box in my hand. It had a silky ribbon wrapped around it, and it was a pale blue. I looked up in wonder at Mrs Weasley, and she nodded encouragingly.

I undid the bow, and slowly lifted the lid. On a white cushion lay two gold charms. The first was a golden ‘C’ with a little diamond on it. It glistened as the sun came through the window and bounced of its surface. The second was a little heart. A heart made of gold.

I looked up at Mrs Weasley, tears started to swim in my eyes, but I quickly blinked them away.

“Thank you,” I said, giving her a hug.

“It’s okay, dear. I’m sorry I didn’t have more time to get you something better-”

“It’s perfect,” I said before she could finish.

“It’s from everyone,” she said.

I hugged everyone and Mrs Weasley put the charms on my bracelet, which was always on my wrist, before Ginny led me to the kitchen. On the table sat, what must’ve been, the biggest cake I have ever seen. It had multiple layers, iced in different colours, with the words, ‘Happy 12th Birthday Corey!’ on it in black icing. Next to the cake sat a big pile of plates and forks. Soon enough we all had a huge piece of cake on a plate.

Everyone was eating in a different place; Mr and Mrs Weasley were eating in the sitting room, Percy had retreated back into his room, and Ron, Ginny, Fred, George and I had lifted the cake and had put it on the outside table. We all sat on the grass eating.

“Do you know what would be great...” I said, once we all we all on our second piece.

Everyone grunted, to busy eating to reply properly. I stared at the still huge cake. I don’t know what made me do it; I just felt like it.

“This,” I muttered, while my hand picked up the cake and threw it at George, who, unfortunately for him, had just looked up and it landed right in his face.

“Oh, it’s on Samuels,” He said, picking up his slice.

I quickly dodged it, and ran to the table. I didn’t even bother to cut slices, I just grabbed fist full’s of cake, and threw them. Soon enough we were all covered in icing, and bits of cake. The cake was all gone; splattered on the grass. We all laughed argued who had won. We made our way to the door leading into the kitchen, where Mrs Weasley stood.

She was about to start yelling at her children; most probably the twins, because, normally, it would be them. But before she could speak a word, I quickly spoke up.

“Sorry, Mrs Weasley; I started it. If anyone is going to get in trouble it should be me,” I said.
Her angry expression melted into its normal, happy self.

“Oh, well that’s okay, dear; it’s your birthday after all.”

She casually flicked her wand and every speck on cake was gone.

“Thanks, mum,” Ron said, before we all went inside.

“How do you do that?” Fred asked me, when we were all upstairs in the spare bedroom, which wasn’t as messy as everyone else’s rooms.

“Do what?” I asked.

“Get away with stuff,” said George.

“Well, boys,” I said, because Ginny had gone off somewhere, “I am a girl. I can pull what people like to call the ‘puppy dog’ face,” I showed them, making my eyes huge, and sticking my bottom lip out slightly. “I can put on a sweet voice, and people melt in my hands.”

They all stared at me.

“But,” I continued, “I don’t. It’s just a natural gift of mine,” I said, shrugging. “Oh! Ron, I forgot to ask you; do you know why Harry hasn’t answered any of my letters?”

Before Ron could answer, Ginny’s head appeared in the doorway.

“Did you say Harry? As in, Harry Potter?” I nodded.

It was like lighting a boom. Ginny exploded with words.

“Harry Potter as in the boy who lived? Harry Potter as in the one we saw last year at the train station?”

“Yes,” Ron said, annoyed. “Harry Potter, as I one of our best friends, Harry Potter. Now, out,” He gestured to the door.

I turned back to the boys.

“Is she always like that?”

“You have no idea,” they all said at once.
♠ ♠ ♠
JOSIE THE MASTER OF UPDATES!
Woo!
Comment or you'll get cake to the face :D
-Josifer(: