Status: I hope this works

The Sun Sets The Moon Shines

this night is getting pretty crazy

Parties, I had only been to a couple hardcore ones in my whole high school experience and Kimber even less that me. Sure, I’d been to a lot of low keys ones that Ashley had found out about but, I still never really liked them. This party was no different. I knew no one, no one except for Carter and Carter was not leaving us, thankfully. I could not say the same for Ash, though, as we stepped into the house she disappeared into the kitchen rather quickly.

Carter was a popular girl, I could tell when I saw her yesterday in the pack of boys but tonight as she past through everyone, them all saying hi and fawning over her only confirmed my thoughts. She was a polite girl returning their greetings but never stay longer than a couple seconds. We eventually made our way to the backyard, where a make shift stage was set up, lights hung up for us to see five gorgeous boys working away to play music, these are the five boys I recognize from yesterday.
Unlike the crowd before the stage, who were in their own drunk world, I could not take my eyes off of the stage, at the boys. One of the two guitarist, the ginger one, straightened up, squinting his eyes at the crowd, searching. His gaze fell beside me.
I looked over at Carter who was blushing deeply as the boy waved to her.
I eyed her, giggling.

“Who’s that?” I said winking at her, hitting her shoulder with mine.

“Jare, he’s my boyfriend.” Carter said shyly, staring at her feet.

“He’s cute.” Kimber said on the other side of her, smiling from ear to ear.

“That he is.” she said like a little girl.

He set his guitar on a rack with the others and hopped down off the stage, running to her, he scooped Carter off her feet in a giant bear hug. I saw him mumble into her ear before kissing her.

“I’m Jared.” He said reaching out to shake my hand.

I smirk as I shake his hand knowing it’s probably the weakest handshake he’s ever felt.
I chuckle.
“I’m Eloise and once you get to know me you’ll understand why i have an awful handshake.”

“You don’t need to get to know her, it’s cause she’s lazy as shit.” Kimber said beside me laughing at me.

“So true, Kimber.” Ashley said dropping her self on my shoulder. “This is Kimber and I’m Ashley.” She said shaking his hand.

“Elle, is my childhood friend and these a her friends, Jare Bear. They just moved here.” Carter said taking his hand in hers wrapping their fingers.
“It’s nice to meet you.” He said with a kind smile.

“Jare!” The hot bassist yelled gripping the crowds attention.

Out of all the boys, he was the one I liked the most, souly based just on looks, he was obviously a cute adorable dork with his black skinny jeans, holes in the knees included and then a starwars baseball tee, black sleeves rolled up as he held his bass guitar. He looked down at us with his oceanic blue eyes, I had to suck in a breathe.

Jared skipped away to the stage, giving Carter as air kiss which she promptly caught and shoved in her pocket. It was the most sickeningly adorable thing I had seen.

These boys were amazing musicians, it didn’t help that I did in fact know their music, but not nearly enough as Ash and Carter, they were practically screaming on the top of their lungs with the shirtless singer.

I was in awe as I am after most concerts shortly after that the band stepped through the crowd, that split in half to get out of their way. Him smiling at me only made my stomach drop further in my body.
His teeth were straight and perfect as they wooed me with that devilish smile. His blue eyes glistened in the porch light and the corners pulled together, letting me know it was a real smile. He held his bass in his left hand and stuck his right into the air, waving. Before I could even think of raising my hand, a tiny tall girl shoved past me and threw her self into his arms.
I was immediately jealous and embarrassed. I ducked my head looking away from the couple, letting my hair cover my ears and cheeks as they burned with my red tomato.

Ashley beside me wrapped her fingers in mine pulling my attention to her.
“Carter is going to introduce us to them!” She squealed jumping up and down.

I rolled my eyes like I normally would but as we formed a chain through the crowd and Carter pulled us out of the backyard winding out of the crowd for the house, dipping around the side of the house to the front.
The boys had already made their way through the house and were packing away all of their equipment in a sharpie covered white van.
Carter skipped right to Jared, jumping on his back. Ashley was eagerly on her tail, letting Kimber and I to fall back, for I was embarrassed again and Kimber just didn’t usaully talk to people.

She weaved her arm in mine. “I’m glad we came here, I miss the ringing in my ear.” She said with a chuckle. We continued to laugh as we finally approached the group.
They all turned to face us as Carter stepped away from Jared and shoved me forward.

“This is Elle or I guess Eloise. An old friend.” She said as I stumbled forward, having to be caught by that cute bassist if I didn’t want to fall.
“Sorry.” I mumbled as I straightened back up to my full height, of 5’3.

“It’s okay.” he said chuckling to himself. “I’m Garret.”

“Hi.” I said weakly.

“And this is Kennedy, Pat and John, John’s my bro.” Carter said standing on her tippy toes to throw her arm over his shoulder. “not my ‘bro’ my legitimate brother.” She said looking at me in my eyes.

“They get it Carter.” John said with a wicked smile.

“This is Ashley and Kimber, my two best friends.” I said, stepping back to them, weaving my arm back with Kimber’s.

We stood there in front of the house while the party ragged on around us. Carter was back to Jared’s side, just listening as he joked around with an already drunk John. The long stringy haired boy jumped beside us smiling brightly.
“I’m Pat.” He said he said spinning in a circle to see each of us. That’s when Ashley did this weird magical thing with her cheeks, they turned pink. This sensation on normal people can be called blushing. But on Ashley it meant something and that something was weird.

“We know.” I said still staring at my best friend, her head facing down but her eyes up as she watched Pat.
“You guys were really good.” Ash said straightening up after her face turned back to its normal tan color.

“Yeah man you just were insane on the drums today, it was intense.” Kimber said staring up in awe.

Ash and I just smirked while Pat was staring at her in confusion.

“Music is only everything to us.” Ash said explaining it to Pat.

“Lols.” I said smirking while scrunching my face and putting a peace sign against my cheek, causing all of them to laugh.

“That was cute.” Kennedy said budding into our conversation as the bassist snuck away to the house. I wanted to follow him, to talk to him as I was Pat but I saw that sneaky bitch swing her arms around him again.
Kennedy had begun talking and Kimber seemed very intrested but I was not listening and it didn’t seem like any one else was.
“Ash, Let’s go get drunk.” I murmered into her ear. she silently laughed giving a triuphent jab as we skipped back to the house. We stepped through living room where, I’m assuming a teenage girl got a hold of the stereo as pop and rap blasted throughout the house. But the indie kids that filled the house acted liked the genre of music had not changed rapidly. As Katy Perry’s Firework turned into Rock That Body by The Black Eyed Peas, Ashley and I erupted with dancing as we moved to the best of our jam. We giggled together as we danced against each other.
I closed my eyes and flowed with the music, opening them in depression as the song ended.

Ashley saw my face and laughed. “This is why we’re friends.” She said as she threw her arm over my shoulder leading me to the kitchen for her to re-fill her cup.

We stepped into the kitchen to see John, who was introduced to us as Carter’s brother, he had a famous red cup in his hand and a wicked smile.

“Hey Girls.” he slurred throwing his arm around Ashley's shoulder. “That was some nice dancing.”
I began to chuckle as Ashley shoved him off of her so she could get a drink.

I turned my head away from john the second i heard the snort. The girl was sneering at Ash and I as she clung to her boyfriend’s waist, her boyfriend being the cute bassist. Her dressed hiked up further as she tried to take a step toward me.

“Slut.” was all she managed to say.

I glared at her and clenched my fist. Ashley couldn’t stop any of it from where she was, John was too confused and nether the girl nor her boyfriend saw my fist coming until it hit her in the face.
She stumbled back into the counter as she clenched her jaw, tears brinking her eyes. Ashley came to my side holding my arms behind my back as I grew angrier.

“You don’t know me bitch!” I yelled before Ash pulled me away, her head down as she tried to hide her smile from me.

I looked over my shoulder to see John gawking at me causing me to smirk and wink at him behind him the bassist, Garrett was getting his whore ice from the keg and she was glaring at the ground.

After a safe distance, Ashley turned to me and raised her hand. “That was awesome.” She said as I gave her a high five.
I laughed. “I’ll always protect the honor of myself and lady.” I said giving her a side hide. “Plus, I just like punching bitches.” I said as I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
i guess it was longer than i said it was for this update. and I hope to write 4 soon. i love you guys and ya know the maine.