Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

41

For what seemed like hours, maybe even days had passed and all the while they simply knew of each other. It was all they cared to know.

Their lips moving furious against one another. Desperately. Like it was the only way to survive. Hearts pounding as a ruthless drumming in their ears.

In fact, it had only been a few moments ago that Evangeline had lost her inward fight and no other thought occurred to her but to keep kissing him.

Arthur thought be might be dreaming, and if that was the case, he wished never to wake from it.

He wrapped his arms around her waist securely, pulling her closer.

She smiled into his wild kiss, her heart's loud beats deafening her slightly.

Evangeline could feel how much he wanted her, how he felt. That caused her happiness as
well as worry.

She broke apart, but didn't push him away. She simply needed to breathe.

Arthur didn't let her go, but lifted her off the tree stump and rather reluctantly, he gently set her onto the ground, though he still did not let go of her.

She remembered her wound, and glanced down at it, her dress ripped were the bandit's knife cut her.

Arthur remembered too, and he quickly put pressure on it with his hand, gently though. ''I'm
so sorry, I forgot.'' He apologized, his eyes anxious and his voice breathless still.

Evangeline's light-headedness was beginning to wear off and she could feel the regret of her decision creeping up on her.

''It's fine.'' She said quietly, breaking away from Arthur.

She couldn't believe she had done that. All she would let herself feel now was sadness.

''You have to see Gaius. You've lost a lot of blood.'' Arthur stepped toward her, though Evangeline took a step back.

''I'm sure I can manage.'' She said quickly, beginning to walk.

Arthur's head fell in the direction of the ground. They were back to where they started.

''Evangeline! You kissed me! I thought that meant...'' He broke off, his eyes reflecting his feeling of anguish.

''I'm sorry, Arthur! I didn't mean too!'' She turned to face him.

Arthur took a small breath. ''That's exactly why it means so much too me!''

''It didn't mean anything, Arthur.'' She lied, her voice slightly strained. ''You said so yourself, I lost a lot of blood. I wasn't thinking straight.''

Arthur gasped inaudibly. He wouldn't lie, that did hurt. ''Evangeline...'' He sighed. He decided, for her well-being, he wouldn't continue this conversation, at least not until she was patched up and well.

''Just let me carry you.'' He requested.

''I can walk fine, thanks.'' She began walking again, too stubborn, even when injured.

Arthur sighed, catching up with her and scooping her up into his arms.

''Arthur!'' She was shocked. And her squirming and kicking were mute. He was far too strong.

''How dare you!? Put me down!'' She glared. Evangeline couldn't stand herself at the moment. She was still shocked at what she had done.

Arthur ignored her attempted to get out of his arms and kept walking toward Camelot.

''Stop, Evangeline.'' He softly said, ''you're going to hurt yourself more.''

''I don't care. I want to bleed out!'' She hated herself. That she had done that. She thought she had more sense.

Arthur frowned. ''Don't say that.''

''Don't tell me what to say.'' She crossed her arms over her chest. No longer fighting, for it was useless.

They made it too Camelot a lot faster with Arthur holding her.

''Put me down now.'' She was anxious that someone would see them together, alone.

Arthur frowned. He knew why she requested this. ''You're ashamed of me.'' It wasn't a
question, more like a statement.

She cursed her plump lips, but did not answer.

He regretfully and gently set her back down.

Once they reached Gaius' chambers, Arthur opened the door for her and Gaius looked up from his wooden desk in the corner of the room.

''What happened?'' He asked, standing and walking toward them. He saw the blood and grimaced.

''I was stabbed... Again.'' She added the last bit under her breath.

''Take a seat.'' Gaius began to move around, gathering the items needed to patch up her wound.

Evangeline ripped her dress ever so slightly where her wound was, so that Gaius could get to it. Though, it wasn't very wide.

Gaius cleaned the blood from her stomach and after the blood was gone, very little of her pale stomach could be seen.

Arthur blushed and nervously looked away, even though he could see much at all. Gaius stitched up her wound, gaining only a grimace from her as he did.

He then put some honey on her bandage and wrapped her up.

''Try not to get too worked up. Or else I'll have to stitch you back up.'' Gaius warned.

Evangeline nodded, thanking Gaius.

In the corridor outside was where she made it before Arthur caught up with her again.

''How can you still deny it?'' He asked, sadness and frustration in his tone.

''Why won't you let it go?'' She asked back, continuing to walk as he tried to stay caught up with her.

''I can't let it go! I felt it. I felt how you feel about me. I know you're just trying to protect yourself, but you don't need too. I could and would never hurt you. No matter what.'' He softly spoke, but it was firm with sincerity.

He caught up with her again, stopping her from walking by gently taking her arm.

She glanced into his eyes, hesitantly.

''Fine!'' She threw her arms up slightly. ''Fine. I do feel something for you!'' She admitted, sighing in defeat.

Evangeline couldn't look into his eyes, or in his direction at all.

Arthur smiled brightly, though she looked sorrowful.