Status: Very Much Alive

My Kingdom for a Kiss

8

*The next morning*

Evangeline desperately attempted to stay in her chambers, but that soon shattered when a strong yet gentle knock was heard on the door.

She hesitantly made her graceful way to that same wooden door, opening it softly. There Arthur stood, a sad look in his tired eyes.

Instead of insulting him or sighing in irritation, she lightly spoke: ''Yes?''

''My Father would like to see you.'' He softly explained.

''Okay.'' she glanced p at him before closing the door. She was going to change of course!

Arthur waited outside her door, he was to escort her to the throne room like a gentleman.

The door lightly creaked open, revealing a beautiful but sad Evangeline. The very sight of her nearly knocked the breath from Arthur's lungs and all he was psychically capable of doing was staring.

She wore a dark green velvet dress, flowing behind her as she walked, the top exposed a bit of her chest and her hair fell down her back in curly raven sprawls.

She began walking down the empty corridor, ignoring Arthur as he walked by her side.

''What does he want?'' She asked, she was a bit afraid that Uther might have found out about her magic, the terror was well masked from Arthur.

''He wants to formally greet you.''

They walked in silence the rest of their winded way to the Kings throne room.

Arthur pushed the big wooden doors open for her, like the perfect gentleman and in a few feet behind her.

''Evangeline!'' The King smiled warmly, standing from his throne and meeting her half way.

''How much you've grown! Into a beautiful young lady.'' She forced a smile, lightly bowing.

After a few moments of Uther gushing about her as a child and how she's grown, she was finally let go.

Once those same large doors closed, the fake smile immediately feel from her pale face. It was nearly painful, to smile through your hatred and anger.

She returned to her chamber, happy to be getting some sleep.

The small sunlit lake contently waved onto the sand and grass terrain as Evangeline laid on a scarlet red blanket nearby.

She glanced over, seeing Arthur at her side, smiling as he fondly looked upon her. He slowly leaned over, kissing her briefly, yet passionately. She smiled when the kiss reluctantly ended.

She shot out of bed, crying out without intending to. Her eyes where wide with terror and her hands shaking violently as they rest over her mouth.

Sobs escaped her lips and rather loudly, tears ceaselessly fell down her pale cheeks.

She must have been very loud, for Prince Arthur came rushing in. Evangeline lay there, curled into a little ball as the sobs refused to stop.

''Are you alright?'' He softly touched her shoulder.

She scrambled to the opposite side of the bed, standing weakly on her feet across the bed. ''Don't touch me!'' she nearly shouted, attempting to wipe her tears.

''I'm sorry. I thought you were hurt.'' Arthur held his hands up, almost in surrender.

She glanced at his face, the sincerity unmistakable in his light blue eyes.

Evangeline rushed out of the room, she was not going to let that prophecy come true.

The tears clouded her vision as she ran down the dim lit corridor. She knew he was behind her, asking what was wrong.

''Just... leave me alone.''

She sighed s she leaned against a stone wall a few corridors down, she hoped he wasn't still following her.

How does that happen? she's shown nothing but obvious distaste toward him from the moment she laid eyes on him.

She loathed the smile on her face in the crystal clear prophecy, she hated that she set aside the fact that Arthur killed her brother, her own flesh and blood, her best friend, just to ensure her own 'happiness'.

Present Evangeline believed Arthur brought her nothing but misery and that it would always be.

After a few long moments, she got herself together, quietly walking around the castle, she was far from falling asleep again.