Status: I'll Usually Post a New Chapter At Least Once a Week.

"You Can't Stay a Saint in This City"

You Became a Drug, Now I Can't Get Enough.

“I’ve been asking around and I’ve heard some rumours.” Yeah and I’ve heard you like to party with porn stars. I was searching ‘Mike Richards’ online at work and found some … interesting pictures and then Greg accidentally clicked a link that led us to gay hockey themed porn. Neither of us could look at the screen long enough to close the window so we had to do it with our eyes closed.

“What rumours?” So what if he knows about Milan we can still be friendly neighbours.

“I think you know. Loops told me.”

“Loops?” Who is that? Toucan Sam’s replacement?

Mike sighs “No need to play coy, Ambrosia. The name Joffrey Lupul ring a bell?”

“He used to play for the Ducks right?” I ask. I can’t remember the last time I’ve heard his name, I think he got traded somewhere and then got traded back before getting traded again.

“See you do remember him”

“What am I supposed to remember about him? That he scored 4 goals in a single playoff game?” Maybe I should’ve looked up more on Mike Richards than his pictures and how much money he makes.

“I think you remember. Does Luna Park ring a bell?”

The only Luna Park I know is this restaurant in LA with shabby chic decor that lets you make your own s’mores. “Okay so Joffrey Lupul told you I went to Luna Park with him?” I ask trying to fill in the blanks, honestly if I keep asking questions and Mike keeps being difficult we aren’t going anywhere.

“Not exactly,” Mike says “He said you and him were at Luna Park at the same time and you, your hot friend with the red hair and your … Greg kept staring at him and his date anyway I think you remember the rest.”

“That’s the dirt you dug up on me? That I was staring at Joffrey Lupul?” I don’t even remember this happening. I take out my iPad and search him up. Oh right him.
_______

“Oh my god I think my ex-boyfriend just came in.” I tell Greg as I try to keep my head down.

“Who?” asks Greg suddenly dropping his fork full of Nicoise salad.

“That guy who just came in.” I say trying to subtly gesture to the door.

“The guy who’s back is facing us?” Greg doesn’t seem too impressed.

“Yeah. Oh my god! Stop staring.” I say to Greg as I turn my body away from him “Ivy keep tabs,” I say as she is the only one whose seat naturally faces the door.

“Um he took a seat and looks like he’s waiting for someone.” Ivy says as she rubbernecks around to get a good view “Dammit now he thinks I’m checking him out. I hope you appreciate this Amber.”

“What would your ex-boyfriend be doing here anyway I thought he lived in Boston” says Greg the realist.

“Maybe he’s here to sweep her off of her feet.” Ivy suggests like the true romantic she is.

“I doubt it,” Greg says sipping his margarita “No offence Amber,” he adds.

“Oh,” Ivy says looking down at her plate of burger and fries “His date has arrived.”

“What!?” I ask as I turn around in time to see a tall statuesque girl with an hourglass body and shiny black hair, there doesn’t look to be an ounce of fat on her. “Oh my god.”

“The two of you need to duke it out.” Greg says as we both stare at the woman with the artificial looking face “Oh my god it’s Jayde Nicole from The Hills”

“Who?”

“You know Brody Jenner’s girlfriend for the entire fifth season” Ivy says filling me in. I wrinkle my nose “Yes we all know about your distain for Brody Jenner. And I couldn’t agree more.”

Greg just shakes his head at the both of us “Honestly Amber like run up there and tell her to get her hands off your man.”

“He’s not ‘my man’ anymore” I say staring down at my royal blue painted fingers. Who cares if Milan wants to date someone everyone else has already seen naked.

“Oh my god look she heading to the bathroom, now’s your chance.” Greg says practically pulling me up to my feet.

I walk as best as I could in these shoes. Damn they feel twice as tall and it’s three times harder to keep up right. “Hi,” I say sitting down at the vacated chair.

“Um hi” he says looking around did Milan get like leg bone removal surgery, I could’ve sworn he was taller. It’s probably just these shoes, I tell myself staring at my fuchsia strappy Stuart Weitzman sandals.

“So I haven’t seen you in a while,” I tell him trying to keep my emotions in check all I want to do is crawl across the table and recite all the hotels within a three mile radius of here for him.

“Yeah well I’ve been keeping busy… I’m sorry who are you again?” Milan asks and my jaw drops.

“I’m Ambrosia Li, you don’t fucking remember me?!” I slur

“Sorry I don’t” he says and looks sincerely bad but what the hell? Was I really that replaceable? Why are his eyes blue? I could’ve sworn they were brown in Vancouver.

“That’s fine I don’t fucking need you anyway,” I hiccup “Last month Madonna paid me seven figures to redo her penthouse in New York. Seven figures! I made that in six months!”

“Hey Amber there you are.” Ivy says miraculously appearing by my side. “Sorry she’s had a little too much to drink.” Ivy says pulling me back onto my feet and towards our table. That’s one of the many pitfalls of being tiny enough to tuck into your pocket. People just drag you wherever they want.

“What the hell Ivy? I was about to give him a piece of my mind.” I say as Jayde Nicole walks past us.

“Um Amber, I’m sorry but I wasn’t lying.” She says shooting Greg a look.

“What?” I ask Greg who looks like he has a secret too delicious not to share.

“You know when you and Ivy went to the bathroom to touch up?”

“Yeah”

“Well that was when I put in our orders and see I might have…”

“Might have what?” I ask hoping the answer is something like I might have ‘accidentally stolen a breath mint’ but this is Greg.

“I … mighthaveorderedyouaLongIslandicedtea instead of just a regular iced tea” Greg says at hummingbird speed.

No wonder I’m so out of it I’ve had like seven of those. I ask the obvious question. “Why?”

“I thought a couple drinks would loosen you up”

“Well I’m real loose now aren’t I?” Greg and Ivy giggle much to my dismay.

“I think we need to leave.” I say my cheeks flushed from either the alcohol or my previous actions.

Ivy foots the bill and the three of us stumble on to the street in search of a cab because none of us are in the right state of mind to drive.

The last thing I remember is falling asleep on Greg’s shoulders within five minutes of entering the cab.
_______

I groan “Yes Mike I remember.”

“Who knew we’d find little miss perfect Ambrosia Li drunk out of her mind at Luna Park and terrorizing the patrons” Mike says with much satisfaction. So what if I have a couple skeletons in the closet? Doesn’t everyone?

“You know what Mike I’ve changed my mind. I actually don’t remember that night.” I say pressing the end button on my phone. Thus how the skeleton stays in the closet.