Status: Update If people are interested :)

Loverboy

Here We Go Again

Scarlet

My baby blue eyes fluttered open cautiously as the harsh light filtering in through the blinds forced my eyes to shut tight immediately, the pounding surrounding my whole head getting worse with every movement I took.

Turning over very slowly onto my left side my eyes widened in horror as I noticed the slumbering figure belonging to Blaine besides me, focusing in on certain key features of the room – the bed, the walls, the curtains and the most simple of things like the carpet, I realized I was not in Charlie’s room. Pushing the covers off my body frantically I scanned over my attire noting I was only in my bra and knickers – the other articles of my clothes scattered across Blaine’s bedroom floor carelessly.

Guilt and disgust occupied every inch of my body; frantically I worked to put each piece of last night’s clothes back on my nearly completely naked body. Ruffling my ruby red hair quickly with my fingers I tried to even out the dishelved mess I had somehow gotten it into, quietly I crept on my tiptoes over towards the door, being careful when twisting the doorknob as to not awake Blaine – I couldn’t stomach seeing his smug grin or just him in general.

I nearly completed my get away but just as I was about to shut the door, my heels fell from my loaded arms and went crashing to the floor. Blaine’s slumbering figure suddenly stirred rapidly and before I could escape unseen his brown orbs fluttered open much like mine did, he scratched his stomach slightly as the sheets moved to reveal him in just his boxers.

“Hey babe”

He mumbled sleepily as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes with the balls of his fists, at his words I felt a surge of anger bubble in my body, my crystal blue eyes narrowing in on his smug appearance.

“Firstly I’m not and never will be your babe, Secondly you can wipe that smug smile off your face, I wasn’t that intoxicated last night – I know we didn’t have sex, so don’t’ even try and act like we did”

The smirk on his face dropped as I whisper yelled my thoughts, careful not to try and wake the slumbering Charlie next door, rolling my baby blues towards Blaine I exited his room before carefully sneaking into Charlie’s room to get fresh clothes. However as the door swung slowly open, my brows creased in confusion as Charlie’s room was unoccupied – where the hell is he?

Scratching my head as worried thoughts swam in my mind I spotted a vest top of Charlie’s and changed into it quickly, rummaging through his draws I found a pair of my booty shorts from when I used to stay over and pulled them over my bare legs.

Scanning his room before leaving I tried to find any clues that may have indicated where the hell he was or had gone, sighing heavily after I found nothing of use I tiredly stumbled into the kitchen, pouring myself a bowl of cereal then settling down on the kitchen counter, my legs swinging aimlessly beneath me.

Image


Half an hour later I had situated myself in the bathroom pulling my thick, red hair to one side as it hung low over my shoulder, catching my reflection in the mirror. My vibrant blue eyes now had dark circles trapping them, my mascara dried out and sunken into my worn down complexion. It was then, and only then, did I remember the horrific argument that had taken place between me and Charlie, the heated exchange of words that I had shamelessly thrown at him – he was only trying to help.

Mentally slapping myself I turned on the shower letting the water run hot before stepping in, once I had I stepped backwards, the hot water incasing my bare skin washing away any reminders from last night as my muscles began to unknot.

When I finished I let my hair dry naturally and slipped into some clean clothes for later, the guys gig was tonight – Be My Liar was going to perform. Thinking about it now as I slipped on my boots, the name for the band seemed fitting, Blaine was more than willingly going to lie to me, make me believe that I had slept with him when I hadn’t. Taking my liquid eyeliner in between my finger and with precision swiped two lines across each eye – I inspected myself in the mirror, placing a fake smile on my lips before going back to the sofa to wait for Charlie.

Image


Anxiously I fiddled with the lighter ring on my middle finger; honestly I must have slipped it off and on my finger about 20 times at least, glancing up at the clock on the wall my crystal blue eyes focusing intently as I watched the long hand strike 12, signaling to me that it had just hit 4 in the afternoon.

Luckily for me this anxious wait for Charlie to turn up, if he ever did, had been helped somewhat by the fact that Blaine had locked himself up in his room all day. I was grateful for that at least, I hoped the bastard felt fucking guilty, yes I was drunk but he wasn’t that bad he should have known better – he took advantage, true we didn’t have sex…but we practically did everything else last night, that thought alone made me sick to my stomach.

Just as I was tempted to grab the flat keys off the side and go searching for Charlie myself, the whole silence that was trapped in the confides of the flat was suddenly disturbed, disturbed by two very loud voices. Dropping the spare keys Charlie had given to me down on the side table, my hands firmly crossed over my chest and my foot tapped on the laminate flooring – I awaited an explanation as a tipsy West attempted to hold up a wasted Charlie, each of them in indescribable fits of laughter. However, whatever was funny about this whole situation, I was somehow not getting.

West immediately clocked on to my pissed off air, his eyes finally taking in my tapping foot and crossed arms, raising his eyes back up to meet my burning ones he rested an intoxicated Charlie down on the bar stool.

“Sorry Scarlet we carried on drinking until the early hours and Urgh since what went down between you two last night I took him back to Jake’s with me – “

Shaking my head in disbelief I cautiously kept an eye on my best friend in between me and West, Charlie’s stance was slouched and sloppy as he swayed from side to side on the bar stool – I was almost scared he was going to fall off the stool. Inside my blood was boiling, I was pissed that West had gotten him into such a state; I’d never seen Charlie like this. At parties he drank don’t get me wrong but he knew his limits and he never got trashed to make sure I was okay – this was different though.

“What! And you couldn’t have fucking called to tell me he was with you, that he was safe? Fuck West do you know how scared I’ve been when I woke up this morning and he wasn’t here!”

“Scarlet I’m –“

“Fucking save it, get the fuck out of here West you have a gig to play in 5 hours remember? You’re lucky I’m not kicking your ass right now, not just because of Charlie but because of Millie as well”

I spat at him in a hush, mainly not to gain the attention of Charlie and more importantly, Blaine. I was desperate to keep my little fumble with Blaine as secretly as I could. If Charlie found out, which I knew a few heated words here and there in a stupid argument over rent, would inevitably cause Blaine to spill everything. You see Charlie is my best friend but he is very protective over me, any boyfriend I’ve ever had he literally goes FBI on them, regrettably I cursed myself for letting Blaine take advantage and if Charlie found out – he would flip a fucking lid, the consequences for Blaine would be dire, not that he doesn’t deserve it but I know Charlie…

West stared at me in spite, as if not quite believing that I had chosen a side. We were never the friendship group to voice out opinions or chose sides – we always remained neutral. However in this moment in time he cheated on my best girlfriend and bought my best boyfriend home drunk, so now? Now I was choosing a side.

“Fuck you Scarlet”

He spat before patting Charlie on the back and saying he’d see him later at the gig, to which he received a short grunt in reply, his eyes caught mine one last time rage clearly evident towards me as he slammed the door on his way out. Charlie flinched at the contact as he rubbed his fingers against the sides of his temple, laughing lightly at the sight of him wasted I made my way over towards him.

“Here take this”

I advised as I placed an aspirin on the counter in front of him, holding up a full glass of water in my hands, outstretched in my grasp. Hoping this could be some sort of truce between us from snapping at each other anyway, me and Charlie were never the best friends that fought and I wasn’t going to let the awkwardness carry on, I hoped this simple gesture would be enough than an apology – I hated admitting I was wrong, or saying sorry for that matter.

Charlie glanced up groggily at the water in my hands before a look washed over his face, one that I’d never witnessed when around Charlie. He pushed the pill off the counter scoffing at me as his deep brown eyes landed on the water.

“You think that’s going to make up for everything, just fucking leave me alone I don’t want to talk to you”

He mumbled curtly rising off the bar seat unsteadily stumbling past me and straight towards his bedroom door, which he slammed shut quite forcefully. Hunching my shoulder up at the contact of the door slamming, I sighed angrily chucking the water down the sink and dropping the glass in the bowl. This was serious, he fucking meant it. Rubbing my hands over my just made up face I muffled a sob, biting down on my lip to stop the tears that were desperate to escape.

Grasping my keys off the counter I ran out of the door and down the road to the only house I knew would take me in right now, Millie.

Image


“He did what?!”

“He told me he doesn’t want to talk me and then stormed off to his bedroom, we’ve never fought before Mi”

Using her nickname I leant back across her sofa groaning in frustration, my fox jumper rising slightly causing the exposed area of my back to stick to the leather of her sofa. Millie paced the room in anger, her heel clad feet announcing this new found infuriation.

“And I thought I had problems”

She whispered, I’m guessing to herself, however my hearing was either very good or her whispering was way too loud. Shooting up off the sofa I held my head with my hand as my head pounded from the sudden rush, conspicuously I raised a brow at my best friend, I knew what went down with West but I thought she would have gotten over it by now – Millie is a lot tougher than me and Katelyn when it comes to shit like this.

“Millie what’s wrong? Please say you’re not considering taking West back?!”

I complained straightening out my jumper and fluffing my hair a little in distress, Millie needed to see that West was bad, a bad influence on her – I just never knew how to voice my concerns, as I said we not really a friendship group that reveals opinions.

“Fuck no!”

She retorted defiantly joining me on the sofa as a deflated sigh escaped her rosy red lips, she was holding something back I just knew it so I said nothing; I knew she’d carry on.

“I had a call from a few girls at college”

Confusion swept over my features as I stared at Millie intently, we’d both left a year ago, from college that is. So really we didn’t know anyone in college anymore except West of course, what I am trying to say is there is no reason for college students to get into contact with us, and no need for us to get into contact with them. Millie replied to my questioning look with a knowing look.

“I had about 3 calls all from different girls, all claiming they had slept with West, Scar”

My mouth hung open in bewilderment at her revelation, now that bastard was going to pay. Millie acknowledged the look on my face before grasping my wrist tightly in her hand, my attention focusing on her as she stared at my fiery eyes.

“You can’t say anything to him Scarlet”

“What! Why the fuck not I –“

“Because I’m going to get even”

She smirked at me stopping me mid rant, her rosy red lips turned upwards in a mischievous demeanor, and I couldn’t help but return the same smirk back.

“Oh really!? What do you have in mind Miss McDowle?”

“You’ll see”

Image


The town clock rang it’s bells as soon as the clock struck 9, Millie, Katelyn and myself were linked at the arms walking into the warehouse the same one we had all been at only last night. Walking down the steps I noticed it wasn’t as packed as last night, the only customers were some locals I recognized, some music geeks scattered around here, there and everywhere and finally a group of lads stood huddled in the corner, all laughing together and chugging down beer like it was going out of fashion.

Once we landed on the bottom step and went over to the bar to order the first round of shots for us girls, Millie nudged me and Katelyn in the side after I down my shot of Vodka, turning our heads in the direction of her playful eyes we all noticed the lads in the corner making eyes our way. A guy with blonde hair nodded his head in Millie’s direction and she giggled before nodding back, she was such a shameless flirt.

However the only eyes that I noticed out of all of the six that were in my vision were a piercing pair of blue much like my own. Nervously I stared into this guy’s eyes as he flashed me a cocky grin and I felt my cheeks flush with color, noting my embarrassment he chuckled with his mates before running a hand through his messy, but well tamed, brown hair.

Turning back around on my bar stool I faced the bartender, hanging my head down low and using my long red hair to disguise my now red cheeks. Millie turned back in her chair as did Katelyn; Millie leant over to whisper to me and Katelyn.

“Well this could be fun”

If only we all realized exactly what she said, how them words would mirror our future. However at this moment in time as my cheeks calmed down and I turned to look back at the cute guy standing in the corner in a plaid shirt and skinny jeans, did I get the overwhelming feeling that I knew him from somewhere.

Image


Jake, Blaine and West took to the stage in a matter of minutes, when they preformed these free gigs West didn’t give a fuck about being professional, no. They were quite happy to simply set the basic shit up, jump on stage, make a bit of small talk and then maybe depending on how he felt Jake tended to maybe break something like an amp “by accident”. They weren’t getting paid for these shows; therefore they felt they had no need to impress.

Blaine slung his guitar over his shoulder nonchalantly as he shot me a glance and immediately I avoided it, I didn’t want to be caught in his stupid, childish shit. West sat down on the worn down leather stool as he produced two drumsticks from the back pocket of his black skinnies, Jake took his natural position in front of the mic stand, he hated mic stands though, so he removed the mic from the stand, wrapped the cord around his arm a few times before resting his one foot on the amps placed in front of him.

Soon the guitar rift flooded the warehouse in sound and West began to back him up, Jake tapped his foot to the beat a few times counting himself in, all of us girls smirked at each other before looking back towards the stage, just in time for Jake’s ear piercing screams to rudely awaken the sleepy barmaid that was dozing off and making a few locals scrunch their faces with disgust.

Yeah, they were a scream, pop punk, metal band whatever you wanted to class them as or assign a name to their music. To them they were just playing music they all agreed to writing and performing. I watched as Charlie stood up front rushing about from one side of the stage to the other eager to get shots of them to go in this portfolio, his passion for photography always amazed me, he could take the simplest shot and to me I’d think it was amazing.

My gleaming eyes however were averted from Charlie and the guys over towards the group of lads huddled in the corner again, noticing them nodding their heads to the beat and occasionally the odd foot tapping I was surprisingly….surprised. To me I expected them to be scared off by this type of music, but as I took in all of their attire I noticed they were probably the type of people who would definitely like this type of music.

The guys set only lasted a solid half hour, they didn’t really have many original songs and I guess the nod from the manager to West signaled that they had done enough to cover the party and tabs from last night. West and Jake jumped down off the stage talking animatedly to one another, while they left Blaine to pack up the gear as Charlie jumped up on the stage to help him out, his camera slung effortlessly over his neck. Panic attacked my nerves as I thought of Blaine telling Charlie, but I knew Blaine wouldn’t voluntarily wish for pain.

Me, Katelyn and Millie hopped off our stools as we made our way to the stage, the lads in the corner now huddled together speaking in hushed tones as if in the middle of some important meeting. I shrugged off their weird behavior and went over to hug Jake; West didn’t get a hug off me.

“What did you think babe?”

West asked as he pulled Millie in to a side hug, she shrugged before responding with a short

“Okay I guess babe”

He looked confused for a while but placed a kiss on her lips to which she responded, West winked at Jake in triumph without Millie’s acknowledgement. Katelyn and me exchanged glances before both rolling our eyes at West’s pride at somehow winning Millie back, I just hoped and prayed that this was part of Millie’s “revenge” and she really wasn’t going to take him back. Jake pulled Katelyn in for another hug as I eyed her suspiciously to which I received the V in return, charming – Blaine and Charlie soon joined us as they finished packing up.

“Urm sorry love to interrupt but I was wondering if I could talk to the guys for a few minutes”

The blue eyed boy from before tapped my shoulder as I spun around to face him, they were even more vibrant and playful up close and his hair was even more messier close up, it was attractive. The smell of his cologne overpowering my nostrils highlighting the close proximity we had between us, he smiled playfully at me and I shrugged, stepping aside to let him in our circle with his friends following behind.

“Urgh no offence mate but who the hell are you?”

Jake questioned as the blue eyed boy beside me laughed, extending his hand out confidently as Jake hesitated, but none the less took it as they shook hands.

“Sorry mate I’m Josh and this here is Max, Matt, Chris, Dan and Tom”

Josh stepped aside slightly to reveal the smiling lads behind him I took them all in as they waved enthusiastically, it was only then did I clock on to the dropped jaws of Charlie, Jake, Blaine and West; Me, Millie and Katelyn stared at each other confused before Josh continued his conversation.

“Anyway we’re in a band, but I guess you know that already from the dropped jaws. But cut a long story short we’re on the lookout for support bands for our next tour in a week and well we’re impressed with your performance. I guess what I’m saying is the spot is yours if you want it?”

“YES!”

All three of them shouted in unison immediately, Josh laughed once more before handing his number over to the guys telling them to call him tomorrow and they’ll finalized details. The guys gathered around the number staring at it in disbelief as their jaws dropped even more, if that’s even possible.

“God guys jaws on the floor much!”

I joked as they stared up at me before they burst out in fits of laugher, Josh, Max, Dan, Chris, Matt and Tom joining in with them. I wasn’t aware that I’d made such a joke, gesturing my hands up at Millie and Katelyn they shrugged their shoulder just as confused as me.

“Funny we have a song called Jaws on the floor”

Josh stated and his laughter died down slightly, nudging me playfully in my side sending millions of butterflies to flutter in my stomach instantaneously. He then turned to Charlie pointing towards the familiar camera slung around his neck, the camera that he was hardly ever parted from, and his jaw too slightly ajar.

“You take good photos by the way, well from what I’ve seen tonight. You’ve heard of our Tom I guess?”

Charlie just nodded

“Well we always need another photographer and Be My Liar will depend on their own photographer mind if we share you with them?”

Charlie nodded again in bewilderment before the guys said goodbye and walked off towards the exit of the warehouse, it was then and only then did everything click into place, the appearance, the song title and the whole band in general.

“FUCK! That was you me at six wasn’t it?”

I groaned in realization of course it was fucking you me at six, I had only gotten into them recently due to Charlie playing them incessantly, however Millie was a big fan how she didn’t clock on was beyond me.

“You only fucking realized, well done fucking Einstein!”

Jake joked.

“What how the fuck did I not realize! I would have noticed them anywhere”

Millie shrieked as West, Blaine and Charlie laughed at her acknowledgement.

“Obviously fucking not babe”

“Well I’m sorry West I didn’t really expect a famous band to come to a fucking tiny warehouse in the middle of a tiny fucking town in London!”

She retorted sarcastically, however he ignored her and turned to the boys

“I guess we’re going on tour boys!”
♠ ♠ ♠
142 fucking readers you guys are awesome!
-Scarlet

You Me At Six finally arrive :)

What do you think will happen with Millie's plans for revenge? Comment!
<3