Status: If I get alt least five comments then I'll update.Pinky swear :)

Matters of the Hart

Oh God No.

Chapter Six – Oh God No.

Deep in December, it's nice to remember,
Although you know the snow will follow.
Deep in December, it's nice to remember,
Without a hurt the heart is hollow.
Deep in December, it's nice to remember,
The fire of September that made us mellow.
Deep in December, our hearts should remember
And follow.

Harvey Schmidt - Try to Remember

I was in the process of cooking dinner for myself, when the shrill sound of the phone lulled me out my day dreaming.

“Hello.”

“Lilly, why the hells are you on the cover of People?”

“Yes, I’ doing fine Corey. Thanks for asking.”I replied sarcastically.

“And why did the headline say Prince Harry’s girlfriend?”

Damn. The news had gotten to North America. That’s not good. Well, no point in lying to Corey.

Sigh.

“Imsortakindadatingtheprinceofwales.”

“YOU’RE WHAT?!” I had to pull the phone away from my ear.

“Corey, don’t be mad. I meant to tell you, but you’re always at rehearsal.” I whimpered. How lucky I am that he’s halfway around the world. “Anyway, he’s actually a decent person.”

“I’m sure he is Lilly. It’s just that, well, he’s a player. I don’t want you to get hurt.” Cory said.

Well that’s really sweet.

“Don’t worry Corey, you know I don’t let just anyone in.” I murmured into the phone.

Conversation passed effortlessly between us while I ate my dinner. He told me about his day and how everyone was doing. In return I told him about my slimy boss and gorgeous boyfriend.

“Will you be flying in for Christmas?” Corey asked me.

Oh wish I could, but my boss figured that since I have no family, I should work through the holidays.

Asshole.

“We’ve been over this before.” I sighed.

“I just don’t want you spending Christmas alone Lilly.”

“I’m okay with it, and I could hold it against my boss so that he’ll give a vacation sooner.”I said.

But of course I wasn’t okay with it. I’d have to spend Christmas alone. Usually I spend it with Corey’s family, but obviously that wouldn’t be the case this year.

“Yeah, but I’m not!”Cory replied.

Ugh. This was pointless; I need to finish my work.

“Oh wow Corey look at the time, I should probably get some sleep. Bye!”I hung up on him.

It was a few days before Christmas that I found myself strolling with Harry along the streets that led to my building. As we walked in comfortable silence, I couldn’t help but think how lucky I was.

Here I was, strolling with Prince Harry.

Unbelievable.

And he was so sweet, not the stereotypical Harry that I had read about. He was always a perfect gentleman. Granted, we’d only been on a few dates, but still, innocent until proven guilty.

“I assume you’ll be spending Christmas with your family?” I asked him.

“Of course, it’s expected of me. They’re not that bad, I remember one year Will and I gave Gramps a Whoopi cushion. Oh, what a laugh that was!”Harry replied fondly.”I presume you will be spending the holidays with your family also?”

By now we were in the hallway that led to my apartment.

But, instead of answering him,
“I’d like to kiss you right now.”I stated. It was rather bold of me, but for some reason I never felt shy around Harry.

“I won’t stop you.”Harry replied cheerily.

He leaned down as I stood on my tip toes to reach his 6’3 frame. My whole body was filled with a sweet sensation the moment our lips touched. Although the kiss was simple and sweet, I felt as though a life time had passed between us. I wasn’t sure where I was going with this, but without Harry noticing, I unlocked the door to my apartment. I was so focused on Harry that I didn’t notice who was waiting inside.

“What the hell are you doing?!”Corey yelled.

I removed myself immediately at the sound of Corey’s voice.

What the hell was he doing?

In my freaking apartment!

The key I gave him was only for emergencies!

Harry looked from Corey and back to me.

“Who the bloody hell are you?”Harry yelled, just as loudly as Corey.”I can have you arrested for breaking and entering the apartment of a Prince’s girlfriend.”

Oh god.

“Lilly.”Corey said.”Explain.”

Harry looked confused now. Poor boy.

“Yes Lilly,” He said.”Please explain.

Sigh.

I told them to sit down while I made some coffee. I immediately wished that I hadn’t when I saw the looks they were giving one another. Bloody hell. Where does Corey come from, just randomly coming to freaking London? As I stirred sugar and cream into the coffee, I contemplated running to my room and locking myself in there. Anything but possibly having to explain my situation to Harry,

I could feel their eyes on me as I set the tray of mugs onto the coffee table.

I sat down on the couch next to Corey, and slowly sipped my coffee.

What? I’m passive aggressive. I hate confrontation.

“So…”I muttered lamely.

Harry had been studying Corey’s face quite intently for a while now. Huh. He must have recognized him. One, two,

“Have I seen you before?”Harry asked. Hard not to, Corey had become very popular in the past year.

Corey smirked in an arrogant way. I rolled my eyes at his antics. My eye roll caught the attention of Harry. Oops.

“Well, Harry this is Corey. Corey this is Harry.”I introduced.

Harry had once again brought his attention back to Corey. He probably realized who Corey was.

“Bloody hell! You’re from that show Lilly’s obsessed with!”

Corey raised an eyebrow at my direction, causing me to blush. Did you have to that Harry?

“Yup, that’s me.”Corey replied.

Harry then turned his attention to me. He was clearly baffled by how I knew Cory Monteith.

Harry’s gaze was still switching back and forth between Corey and I.

“I can explain all of this Harry.”I sighed.

Harry took a long sip from his coffee, before he looked up again.

” I’m listening.”

Taking a deep breath, I was suddenly worried of the possibility that I might have to tell him everything. No. It was too soon for that. I was about to start talking, but Corey beat me to the chase.

“Look man. I’m just here to spend Christmas with Lilly.”

NO! NO! NO! NO!

WHY COREY? WHY?!

Now he’s going to ask why I’m alone.

Tear. Slide. Drop.

His face is all scrunched up in confusion. Oh god no.

Although, he does looks adorable right now…

Harry turned to me.” Didn’t you say that you would be spending Christmas with your family?”

“You asked me if I was, but I never answered.”

“And why wouldn’t you be spending Christmas with family?” Harry asked.

“Get comfortable Harry. This might take a while.” Corey said.

Sighing, I began to tell Harry the sad tale of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
http://www.polyvore.com/winter_brown/set?id=43650690 Lilly’s Outfit