‹ Prequel: The Heart Does Go On
Status: Active

Love Can Touch Us One Time and Last For a Lifetime

Chapter eleven - "Considering my soul belongs to Kaiba Corp."

It was now time for the Industrial Illusions event take two. Pegasus never did give an official statement on why he didn’t attend the first event, but I was thrilled that it was cancelled. While it was horrible that I’d have to go with Siegfried again, I was happy I’d get to see Anna again! She was going to be the date of the head accountant from Kaiba Corp. who got invited.

I was also just a little bit excited to see Seto, more than I should be. I wanted to thank him for caring about me that night, when no one else did. I also wanted to see if he’d end up going with Tiffany Bouvier again or not.

This time in order to spite Siegfried; I decided to wear items that Seto had given me. My dress was a black Chanel dress, a gift from Seto to wear to a dinner party. My shoes were a pair of shoes Seto bought me out of the blue one day. My necklace was the ‘twinkle, twinkle little star’ one that Seto bought me for Christmas in senior year. Hell, even the perfume I bought was a vanilla scented one from Seto.

Once again I had hair stylists and make-up artists doing my hair and make-up professionally for this event. In my own hotel room, thank god.

You see when we got to the receptionist area to check in, the receptionist claims that there was a ‘mix up’ and Siegfried and I had to share a hotel room. I narrowed my eyes, I was beginning to distrust Siegfried less and less, and the possibility of HIM slipping GHB into my drinks was beginning to increase. So I claimed it was no biggie, and I’d just stay at my Dad’s, after all we were in L.A. again.

Then it was ‘magically’ okay, and there were plenty of separate hotel rooms available. Hm…but anyway, I was getting ready.

Getting from the hotel to the event was just a blur. It consisted of the same stuff I’d be dealing with for a while, something that used to excite me. Waving for the paparazzi as we got into the limo, riding in the white limousine to the event and walking the red carpet.

I stayed on autopilot for these. All I had to do was smile for the camera and wave. But the night was to get interesting when we actually got inside ready to be seated by the waiter.

“Mr. Siegfried Von Schroeder and Miss Ella Campbell? Are you sure Miss Campbell is your guest Mr. Schroeder? It says here that she got her own invite and has been seated on the Kaiba table.” The waiter stated nervously.

“Well you have to fix it, because does it look like Ella is Kaiba’s girlfriend? No, she’s mine. And she’ll be seated with me!” Siegfried said, raising his voice at the waiter.

The waiter got out his walkie-talkie, and began to talk on it. However, upon hearing his name Seto got up from his table and came over.

“Ah Ella glad you could make it! Come on; sit on the table with us. Anna was so excited that you got invited personally.” Seto said, a smirk playing on his lips.

“Hurr Kaiba, Ella is MY guest, she was not invited of her own accord. So she’ll be seated with me.” Siegfried snapped, grabbing my shoulders.

This set something off in me.

I was so focused on becoming a junior accountant and being promoted that I forgot something. My morals and values. When I was with Seto I never forgot these. He always tried to help me build my career, but I bit back at him, weary of him in fear of losing my morals and values.

But with Siegfried, I was losing my morals and values. He acted as if he owned me, and I had no problem with that as long as I built a career? Eff that. There was also probable chances that he spiked my drink, and he even went to hit me a few weeks ago.

I was stuck in a state of mind that was more focused on building my career than retaining my human rights. I may be working hard as a businesswoman, but I was losing my rights, something that all humans work hard to keep.

I was going to be the girl I used to be. Besides, annoying Siegfried would be fun, I loved to annoy and had since I was a little girl. Two birds with one stone.

“Siegfried, why wouldn’t I score an invite? You’re the one that demands to pretend we’re dating. Obviously my image is better than yours. Considering my soul belongs to Kaiba Corp, Mr. Kaiba please direct me to our table.” I said, my eyes not leaving Siegfried’s glare.

“If you’ll care to follow me, Miss Campbell.” Seto smirked, offering his arm, which I accepted.

I then was lead off by Seto, not even looking back at Siegfried.

“Just so you know, you don’t own my soul. That was just to annoy Siegfried.” I said to Seto, as we took our seats.

“Just as long as HE doesn’t own your soul I don’t mind.” Seto muttered to me quietly.

As I sat next to Anna, I immediately heard her shriek in my ear.

“Geeze woman, I thought you were 30 not 16.” I laughed, but hugged her anyway.

“My 3-year old is with the nanny back home, tonight I’m going to party like I’m 16 again.” Anna laughed.

“I’m going to have maybe a glass or two of red wine or champagne for my meal, but that’s it. As much as I appreciate open bars, I don’t appreciate someone slipping something in my drink when I’m not watching.” I said to Anna.

“Ella, it’s okay. I’ll watch over you and make sure no harm comes to you.” Seto informed me.

“I appreciate it Seto, really, but I should become more aware of my surroundings and learn to look after myself. Last month gave me a real scare, and I’m not going to let it repeat itself. I’m not always going to have gentlemen such as yourself there for me.” I smiled at Seto.

I swear I saw a light brush come across Seto’s face at this compliment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Considering how much I hated last part, I really like this part. Even if it is short.