‹ Prequel: The Heart Does Go On
Status: Active

Love Can Touch Us One Time and Last For a Lifetime

Chapter twenty two - "Life goes on"

Seto stalked me into the house, hot on my heels.

I turned around, feeling his presence.

“Look, I’m sorry for my behaviour. I let anger get the best of me, I know. But they make me so angry. I’m clearly better than them, yet they STILL have the balls to talk down on me, judge me and say horrible things. They’re a waste of space and a burden on tax payers.” I sighed, knowing Seto would now lecture me.

But instead he began to chuckle madly.

“No Ella, you’re doing everything right. The dogs in society must know their place. It’s amusing seeing you belittle those fools.” Seto smirked, whilst chuckling.

“Alright. Shall we go back in for round 2?” I grinned.

I headed back outside, and once again they were so drunk they couldn’t notice I had walked back out. I noticed my cousin now talking to my mother.

“You can’t blame yourself for your daughter ending up a snobby bitch slut, you know. It’s obviously her stupid father’s fault for being a screw up. What a boring whore. I bet she expects to work her whole life, when we’re the ones having fun.” My cousin gleamed.

“You know what, I have a very different idea of what a screw up is.” I stepped out, shouting at my cousin.

“Oh yeah, what is that?” My cousin asked, stepping up to me to try and intimidate me.

“Somebody who sits around all day watching Oprah, living off government benefits when they are clearly capable of working and have never worked a day in their life. Somebody who sleeps around with men they know will never actually want them.” I seethed, anger taking over my body again.

“Look, just because you’re an uptight bitch and men want my body and not yours-“ my cousin started, but I cut her off.

“Trust me hun, I have men crawling all over me. But unlike you, they actually want a relationship with me. Oh by the way, met my boyfriend, Seto Kaiba? He’s one of the richest guys in the world.” I grinned, grabbing Seto’s arm.

The trio were then speechless. How could they compete with that? No matter how much of a ‘boring screw up’ I was because I valued education, a career and self respect, I still was going to live an easier life than government welfare because I had a rich boyfriend.

“Have fun with one cock your whole life. He’ll realise he can do better than you, and will cheat with his secretary.” My mom spat at me.

“I find it hard to believe you’ve had sexual intercourse more than once. You’re hardly a catch yourself. Really, what do you have going for you? You’re certainly not rich, good looking and have the worst personality imaginable.” Seto said, stepping in between my mother and I.

I then pulled Seto away, shocking both of us.

“Look Seto, there’s no reasoning with these people. They’re too stubborn, and too dumb to realise right from wrong. Let them chase after dreams of nothing their whole life. Let me be the most successful screw up there ever will be. I’m tired of stooping to their level and arguing over nothing. I’d rather get out there and forget them and live the rest of my life.” I explained to Seto.

He looked at me for a few seconds, and let his eyes wander over the now seething trio.

“You’re right Ella. I will not continue to associate with low lives such as the ones around me. If I am seen with them, my reputation may be tarnished.” Seto smirked, knowing he was making them ever angrier.

I then passed the trio with Seto by my side, and as I was halfway up the drive way I exclaimed “Goodbye mother. Do not ever try and contact me again.” Which just received more drunken profanities as a reply.

Seto and I were silent on the walk back to the plane. He opened the door, and I jumped into my seat and sat there, not bothering to buckle up my seatbelt.

“Are you alright?” Seto asked, sounding worried.

I then began to smile. I was fine.

“I sure am. That woman used to scare me. She used to beat me to a pulp when she couldn’t get her hands on alcohol or drugs. She’d threaten to kill me, and used to encourage me to end my own life so she wouldn’t have to deal with me anymore, and to get an insurance pay out.” I explained to Seto.

“You never told me any of this.” Seto said, although he was sounding emotionless a hint of shock was to be heard in his voice.

“I know. I only ever told Dad. He kind of just ignored it, and told me to toughen up hoping it would go away. This was also amongst getting beaten up at school everyday, threats from peers at school and knives being pulled on me.” I said.

“Why didn’t you ever tell me any of this? Even in senior year it wouldn’t have been too late to sue for damages!” Seto loudly asked, anger rising.

“I wanted to forget it all happened. Dad finally took me in at 16 and I switched schools, and even better when I was 17 we left the country. Notice how I NEVER spoke about my past in the USA? I only ever mentioned my psycho ex boyfriend a few times because that’s the only thing I wanted to remember because I learned from it. I never even told you about the other ex - Oliver until he came to Japan.” I quickly replied.

“It’s not healthy to keep it all inside. I should know, I had a bad stepfather.” Seto said.

“I know. But after I moved to my Dad’s I saw a therapist because I suffered from posttraumatic stress disorder. I no longer was fearful of my life because of my mother or my old school peers, but it still felt I was. After a few sessions I got better. Life goes on.” I shrugged.

“I’m not angry. I can relate. My stepfather was a horrible man who pushed me physically and emotionally. After I took over Kaiba Corp. I never looked back.” Seto informed me.

“It just shows how much we’ve become stronger and grown as individuals. We’ve moved on from our past and we’ve been successful. Look, I really am sorry I didn’t tell you and I’m rushing telling you now. It’s not that I’m trying to bottle up my past. I’ve let it go, and moved on.” I explained.

“No Ella, it’s okay. I’m very proud of you for standing up to your mum. I’m very proud of you telling me about your past, and I’m very proud of you moving on after receiving such trauma in your early life. I knew your past wasn’t happy, but I had no idea you had such a sad life.” Seto said softly, reaching over and tucking a piece of hair behind my ears.

“Life goes on.” I whispered back, a tad bit modest.

“You’re the kind of girl I’d want to make my wife one day.” Seto said, his voice barely higher than a whisper.

“Since that little…meeting at my mother’s house went a lot shorter than expected we have more time to do things when we get back than just a movie and late night ice cream. If we leave now we can do whatever we want.” I said loudly, clearing my throat.

Seto seemed to come back down to earth as he sat in the pilot’s seat and agreed, fastening his seat belt and putting on his headgear.

I know Seto and I are about to get back together, but talking about marriage? Really? I mean, I guess he’d be a good husband and would easily be able to provide, but I’m only nineteen. I have college and my career to think about before I even scratch the surface of getting married.
♠ ♠ ♠
HAHAHA you can tell my state of mind at the time I wrote this (on the last few paragraphs) I had just come out of a long term relationship with a LOSER who told me he planned to live at home until he was 40, and sit on his ass all day whilst I supported him, hence why I was so adamant on stating Ella was responsible by not thinking of marriage at 19.

Now I'm 19, and made sooo many plans of marriage, and long term stuffz with my new boyfriend. Not set in concrete of course, but a lot more than just "You're the kind of girl I'd want to make my wife one day" Haha I know no one cares, but I just found it amusing how different I was back then before I met the love of my life...