Baby Blue Eyes

The Promise Ring

“That was a nice dinner.” Cam told me as he was leaving our barbeque. “Thanks Cam. It was fun spending time with my best friends.” I said while wrapping my arms around both guys. Cam smiled them gave me a hug. “Bye, see you tomorrow!” Cam said once he released me. “Bye Cam. See ya!” I said and Zach also said “bye” so Cam. Then Cam left and I was alone in my house with Zach. I walked into the kitchen to finish putting the dishes into the dishwasher. Zach followed and helped me. Once we had finished cleaning up, we sat down on the couch and turned on the TV. “I had a fun time tonight.” Zach said, while pulling me onto his lap. “Me too.” I leaned down and kissed him. “So Logan, I’ve been thinking lately and I want to ask you something.” Zach said. I got off his lap and he stood up. “Okay, shoot.” I said casually. Zach pulled me up and stood in front of me. Then he knelt down and pulled a small box out of his pocket. He looked up at me and said, “Logan, I love you so much. I’m really happy with you right now and I want it to stay this way forever. I want to make you officially mine. So Logan Katherine James, will you marry me?” He opened the box and in it was the most beautiful diamond ring. I stood there shocked. “Wow, I….uhh…I…wasn’t expecting this.” I sat back down just in case I fainted or something. Zach sprang up and sat down next to me. He looked at me. His eyes were pleading for an answer. “Zach……I don’t know what to say. I mean my parent’s marriage didn’t work out and I don’t want that to happen to us. Plus, we are in high school. We’re too young to get married. I’m sorry Zach but no, I won’t marry you now.” I finally said. “At least take this ring as a promise ring. As in, when we mature and get older, we will think more about marriage.” I smiled. “Deal.” He slid the ring on my finger and kissed me. “I love you.” I told Zach. “I love you too.” We both smiled and snuggled on the couch as we watched TV for the rest of the night. “I can’t wait for this summer.” I exclaimed. “Me either.”