Baby Blue Eyes

Thinking of you

“Hey Cam! What are you doing here?” I say when he’s about 20 feet away. “Hey Logan! I thought it was you but I wasn’t exactly sure so I walked over.” Cam says while shielding his eyes from the soon-to-be setting sun.
“Yeah it’s me. I’m just playing some lax.”
“Oh cool! I had to take Vic, Zach’s little brother, and his friends here so they can shoot some stupid Youtube video.”
Oh so that’s who those boys were. I didn’t know that Zach had a little brother. Well, I only met Zach today so that would just be weird if I already knew everything about him. Oh my gosh! I need to stop thinking about Zach all the time! Ok. Take a breath. Focus on Cam. “So how was band practice?”
“Well after you left it was just boring so Michael and Tom went home. But then I had to take Vic and his friends here.” Cam and I talked for a while until it got dark and Vic wanted to go home. Cam is an easy person to talk to and I feel like I can trust him. I’m actually really happy that I made friends here, though I do miss Jen, Sophie and Conrad. I mean I don’t miss Conrad. Not after what he did to me. My heart was shattered. He was my first love. How could he have done that? But it’s ok now. I have Zach to think about not Conrad. Why do I still feel pain in my heart every time I hear Conrad’s name? I need to get over him. I mean I moved across the country! Wouldn’t that be enough?
I picked up my stuff and got back to my car. I changed into some flip-flops and drove home. My mom’s car still wasn’t there. I walk inside, let my dogs out, take a shower, and make some dinner. I decided to just make myself a sandwich. I was too warn out to make anything else. I slowly make my way up stairs and plop down on my bed. I start my homework and after a while I look at the clock. It’s 10:30. I decide to finish up my homework and climb into bed. I quickly drift off to sleep, thinking about Conrad.