Status: Active-ish Depending on Response

Shout

A Wise Kurt Once Said...

[1]


"This is a new sweater asshole! I'll be sending you my dry cleaning bill!" I shout at the retreating figure of Azimio Adams as him and a few of his Football buddies high-five on their way down the hall. "Fucker!" I cuss roughly wiping the blue slushy off of my face. I few people snicker behind their hands causing me to glare in their direction before resuming my way to the washroom. Again.

I growl in frustration knowing that I shouldn't have worn my new sweater today, I don't even know why I bothered shopping anymore. It really wasn't worth it, especially when a new one-hundred dollar sweater got blue stains on it. I feel a presence beside me and hold back a sigh as my best-friend since pretty much birth falls into step beside me. A smug look on his perfectly moisturized face.

"I told you not to wear it today," he practically sings, the I-told-you-so implied.
"You thought I would listen to you?" I question him pushing the door open to the girls bathroom, after a quick check I usher him in, continuing in my defense. "You drag me to the mall with promises of new clothing and accessory's for my birthday then expect me not to wear my purchases?"

Kurt Hummel rolls his eyes, "My purchases, since they were birthday gifts. One of which I will now have to bring to the dry cleaners tonight because lord knows you won't. Now, off with that sweater Daphne Ryan before the stain sets."

I give him and exaggerated pout before pulling the sweater off leaving me only in my now spotted blue white tank top. Great. Kurt gives me an almost stern look before opening his bag and pulling a boy's blue oxford shirt out and thrusting it towards me.

"I'll just try and get a bit of the stain out with some water. Can you tell Mr. Schue that I'm going to be late?" he asks turning towards the sink and setting to work. I nod wondering if our Spanish teacher, Mr. Schuester, would really care. After all he knew the torment we endured for being in Glee Club.

I give Kurt a quick kiss on the cheek and skip out of the bathroom leaving my best friend behind me to grumble and complain about what happens when he buys me nice things. I could feel my hair sticking to my forehead slightly, knowing that my black locks now probably looked unwashed and sticky. I was thankful we only had this last period until the end of the day. I had almost survived the whole day in the sweater without any trouble.

I come to a stop in-front of the Spanish room adjusting myself and trying to look presentable, knowing that it was probably a lost cause. At least where my hair and makeup was concerned anyway. "Mr. Schue!" I call interrupting the lesson he was giving, he gives me a somewhat stern look before his expression softens at my attire.

"Kurt's just putting some things in his locker he was helping me clean up." I half lie before glaring over at Azimio Adams with narrowed eyes, "My new sweater was ruined just a few minutes ago and I wanted to make sure the stain didn't set too badly in hopes of salvaging it." I explain knowing that it was unnecessary. Mr. Schue wasn't a difficult teacher and probably wouldn't have even said anything if I had just walked in and sat down.

Mr. Schue nods glancing over briefly at Azimio who was high-fiving one of the football teams kicker's in victory. Assholes. "Take your seat Daphne, we were just starting to take up the homework from last day."

I freeze. Shit, shopping I had done… Homework I did not.

----------------------------


"Did you know if you hold these to your ears you can hear the ocean?" Brittany Pierce questions from her seat beside me. I glance over seeing her holding two small rocks in her hand and raise and eyebrow in question. What the…?

"That only works with conch shells Brittany." Tina informs her from the row behind us, I feel my eyes widen in realization before letting out a laugh which I politely disguised as a cough for Brittany's sake.

"Actually the noise you hear is actually your-"
"We don't care Artie- Keep the geek trap closed" Santana interrupts coming to the defense of her friend. My friend Mercedes elbows my side with a smirk on her face holding in her own laughter.

I pull at the shit Kurt had given me an hour ago frowning at how familiar it seemed, had he been wearing it yesterday? It wasn't anything special really and didn't seem like something he would wear, and it wasn't like anything he had to wear when he was at Dalton.

"So, National's was…"
"A disaster?" I finish getting a sharp look from Rachel Berry who spun so fast in her chair I was surprised she didn't fall out. I hold my hands up in surrender, "I wasn't talking about the performance, I was referring to the drama."

"I think that-"
"- if less time had been spent worrying about who was dating who and people had actually stayed in the hotel room like we were told to I wouldn't have had a huge ass headache when we flew home." I interrupt her once again before she could go on a rant about people's pitch and harmony's.

"Preach," Lauren Zizes calls from the front row and her seat beside Puck.

"Enough, everyone. This is a new year and we are not going to let National's ruin this year's chances, we'll have quite a few of you graduating this year," Mr. Schue say's nodding to all us seniors in turn, "We'll make it a good farewell year."

I groan dramatically falling against Mercedes, "Do we have to bring up graduation already, it's only the 8th of September!"

"I'm with Daphne on this, the thought of graduation kind of makes me feel sick" Finn agrees throwing me a smile. I grin back as Mercedes pushes me lightly laughing.

"You would agree with her." Santana mumbles on my left, I frown. What did that mean?

Mr. Schue clears his throat from the front of the room to get our attention before walking over to the white board and writing two words. Moving On.

"You can work in a group, in partners or by yourself. Your homework assignment for this week is to find a song that talks about moving on, weather it be from high school or a first love it doesn't matter. Just as long as it's about growing up and moving on."

I feel a grin come spread across my lips and shoot my hand up in the air waving it back and forth, Kurt reaches around Mercedes trying to grab and it bring it down but I shift out of his reach and wait until Mr. Schue somewhat apprehensively calls on me.

"Is," I glare at Kurt who smacks the back of my head, "School's Out For Summer, by ACDC an acceptable song?" I question innocently.

"No" Both Rachel and Mr. Schue say in sync making everyone laugh. I pout for a moment before getting another idea and raise my hand once more. Mr. Schue shakes his head with a small laugh before calling on me once again.

"Can I dibs Sam as a partner since he isn't here," I question seeing an absence of the blonde haired, fish lipped boy who had been disappearing more often then not lately. We had become pretty close over the summer, with his family issues finally getting sorted and them getting a new house which was located on my street I saw him pretty frequently over the summer and I kept him company when he baby sat his younger siblings.

Beside me I feel Mercedes stiffen slightly and I glance over at her imploringly only to get a shrug in return.

"Get last nights Spanish homework in before Third period tomorrow and I don't care who you partner with" Mr. Schue tells me before asking for anymore questions. I smile happily before frowning. Did he just try and trick me into doing homework? Not likely.
♠ ♠ ♠
New little idea. 3 Reviews before update.